New LA Times article on Michelle | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New LA Times article on Michelle

christinaskater

Medalist
I'm happy Michelle watched youtube.com to get really updated and watches her videos on youtube.com! Heheeheheh! She is so amazing

I hope she comes back! She can do it! She just needs to rest and heal!

christinaskater

Medalist
In regards with her injury dating back to 2002, i think that answers everything that happened from 2001 when she tries to up the ante by doing 2 triple triples thus injuring herself and not doing a 7 triple program after 2001 World Championships! It amazes me how she was able to win medals and championships even in pain! I remember people criticizing her for not upping the technical ante, so that answers all their questions, she has had a nagging injury since 2002! I respect her so much and i hope she comes back better, stronger and fitter!

Love you michelle and everyone here at Golden skate forums!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Great article!

:bow: Michelle Kwan is simply an awesome individual... So looking forward to watching her move on to the next phase of her life...:bow:

As for the Brian Botano & Disson shows... Didn't her boyfriend's dad purchase controlling interest in the Tom Collins COI show... If this is true, then I think its safe to assume that we will see Ms. Kwan on the ice in some capacity... Not to mention the Disney/ABC dream of her becoming a commentator...

If you add her involvment within the political arena... then I'd hazard a guess that Michelle's future just might eclipse her past... very cool indeed...

I can tell you, that at Skate America(s) in Pittsburgh and Atlantic City where Kwan and Cohen were hyped to be there and neither showed. The casual fans of those two cities were not happy.

Disson needs an American STAR to headline COI. Kimmie and Johnny will bring in the ardent fans of figure skating but I dont believe it will excite the casual fans on less they are looking for a night out.

If Disson has any talent for hyping, he better use it.

Joe

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I can tell you, that at Skate America(s) in Pittsburgh and Atlantic City where Kwan and Cohen were hyped to be there and neither showed. The casual fans of those two cities were not happy.

Disson needs an American STAR to headline COI. Kimmie and Johnny will bring in the ardent fans of figure skating but I dont believe it will excite the casual fans on less they are looking for a night out.

If Disson has any talent for hyping, he better use it.

Joe

Joe, I couldn't agree more... :yes: