New president of French Federation elected | Golden Skate

New president of French Federation elected

Andrea82

Medalist
Today French Federation of Ice Sport (FFSG) held the elections for the Presidency for the 2022-26 term.

Gwenaëlle Gigarel-Noury was elected as the new president of the federation beating incumbent Nathalie Péchalat. Gigarel received 452 votes while Péchalat got 412 votes.
GGN was said to be supported by former FFSG president Didier Gailhaguet.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In this article, Gigarel Noury distances herself from claims that she is not a substitute for Didi, but she doesn't throw him under the bus either. 🤔

"J'expliquais tout à l'heure que j'arrivais avec beaucoup de détermination, de l'envie pour faire avancer la fédération de demain mais seule ce n'est pas possible. Je tiens à m'entourer de gens compétents qui connaissent cette machine fédérale et Didier Gailhaguet en fait partie. Maintenant, il est un consultant comme tous les autres. »

I explained earlier that I was coming with a lot of determination, with a desire to advance the fed into tomorrow, but that is not possible by myself. I want to surround myself with competent people who know this machine (bureaucracy?) and Didier G. is one of them. Now, he is a consultant like all the others.

Informal translation: mine

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In this article, Gigarel Noury distances herself from claims that she is a substitute for Didi, but she doesn't throw him under the bus either. 🤔

"J'expliquais tout à l'heure que j'arrivais avec beaucoup de détermination, de l'envie pour faire avancer la fédération de demain mais seule ce n'est pas possible. Je tiens à m'entourer de gens compétents qui connaissent cette machine fédérale et Didier Gailhaguet en fait partie. Maintenant, il est un consultant comme tous les autres. »

I explained earlier that I was coming with a lot of determination, with a desire to advance the fed into tomorrow, but that is not possible by myself. I want to surround myself with competent people who know this machine (bureaucracy?) and Didier G. is one of them. Now, he is a consultant like all the others.

Informal translation: mine
yes... I read that article as well... but then I read Péchalat's interviews... https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/p...deration-5f9ddf62-f488-11ec-ac35-e04aee6994e2

Have fun with this one. :)

Péchalat is furious and adds that it is shameful and humiliating for the two years of hard work accomplished.

Dans un tweet, la nouvelle ministre des Sports, Amélie Oudéa-Castéra, a souhaité « plein succès à la nouvelle présidente », avant d’ajouter : « Le combat pour la libération de la parole des victimes et la lutte contre les violences sexuelles, impulsés par @NPechalatOff, devront être poursuivis ».

In a tweet, the new sports minister Amélie Oudéa-Castéra wished plenty of success to the new president before adding : The battle to free from silence the victims and the fight against sexual violences, instigated by Péchalat, must continue.

(rough translation mine)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yes... I read that article as well... but then I read Péchalat's interviews... https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/p...deration-5f9ddf62-f488-11ec-ac35-e04aee6994e2

Have fun with this one. :)

Péchalat is furious and adds that it is shameful and humiliating for the two years of hard work accomplished.

Dans un tweet, la nouvelle ministre des Sports, Amélie Oudéa-Castéra, a souhaité « plein succès à la nouvelle présidente », avant d’ajouter : « Le combat pour la libération de la parole des victimes et la lutte contre les violences sexuelles, impulsés par @NPechalatOff, devront être poursuivis ».

In a tweet, the new sports minister Amélie Oudéa-Castéra wished plenty of success to the new president before adding : The battle to free from silence the victims and the fight against sexual violences, instigated by Péchalat, must continue.

(rough translation mine)

Wow, thanks for that link.

Péchalat is certainly throwing the shade at Noury:eek: Puts the "Oh just a consultant" in a different light.

"Making promises to get elected is not my style".:dbana: ETA:. Moi faire des promesses pour me faire élire, ce n’est pas mon fonctionnement ».

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow, thanks for that link.

Péchalat is certainly throwing the shade at Noury:eek: Puts the "Oh just a consultant" in a different light.

"Making promises to get elected is not my style".:dbana:
well... the consultant who orchestrated the election of Noury from behind the scenes... ;)

in case someone asks where I got that from, read below : (it is a tricky sentence to translate but either possible versions make it sound like DG is still very involved from a distance, whether it is in planning the election and/or with his interaction with the new president)

Nathalie Péchalat a qualifié samedi de « honte intersidérale » l’élection à la tête de la Fédération française des sports de glace (FFSG) de son adversaire Gwenaëlle Noury qu’elle accuse d’être téléguidée par l’ex-président de la FFSG Didier Gailhaguet,

Last edited:

McBibus

On the Ice
Today French Federation of Ice Sport (FFSG) held the elections for the Presidency for the 2022-26 term.

Gwenaëlle Gigarel-Noury was elected as the new president of the federation beating incumbent Nathalie Péchalat. Gigarel received 452 votes while Péchalat got 412 votes.
GGN was said to be supported by former FFSG president Didier Gailhaguet.

I think 38 is a bit too young to be an ISU delegate.
We need more mature staff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andrea82

Medalist
Gigarel-Noury removed this week 6 people from the Fed Executive Committee:

Mme Maryvonne del Torchio, Vice-Présidente
Mme Anne Chalier, General Treasurer
Mme Delphine Harold, Président of Ballet on Ice committee
M. Eric Le Mercier (NDR: father of Theo), Président of the Ice Dance committee
M. Brian Joubert, Président of the Artistic Skating committee
Mme Chantal Sala, in charge of Training

This is reported as an attempt to break away from Didier Gailhaguet's influence
DG is accused of various new things including having pressured some Olympic judges not to favor Papadakis/Cizeron because they couldn't win the Gold when he was not the boss of French Fed anymore.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
WOW !!!! This man is crazy... At the same time, the president is getting exactly what she signed up for... He worked for her election so he could still control the federation... and now, she has to fire everyone linked to DG to save her job? She should just resign...

Cannot wait to hear BJ on being fired... I would imagine he is not going to be passive about this.

Mauve

Rinkside
Country
France
This is absolute madness. I really hope this sport will someday be clean again in France...
I had heard some words from Nathalie Pechalat which sounded a bit bitter after she lost the election, but now it takes another meaning.

Mauve

Rinkside
Country
France
OMG guys I have some tea!
I am a skater registered to the French federation. By European law, companies have to inform people when their data security has been compromised.
Guess what I received this morning.?

An email saying "Toutes les listes de nos licenciés ont été téléchargées par d'anciens membres du Bureau Exécutif qui ont ainsi pu vous inonder de courriels vindicatifs totalement déplacés."
=> "Every list of licensed skaters have been downloaded by former federation executives, who may have flooded you with vindictive emails absolutely out of line".

My jaw is on the floor!