Pairs & Dance Teams with Citizenship Issues | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Pairs & Dance Teams with Citizenship Issues

Jana

On the Ice
thanks for the article. It seems they explain why Kuzmich/Sinicyn didn't compete at 4 Nations but I don't understand the meaning by google translate. Can you translate that passage? I would be grateful!

Because of Alexander's studies. He had to take some exams. They had to decide if his studies or OG qualification (4 Nats). I would have decided otherwise, but I do not know the study system in Canada. The date of 4 Nats was known for long time!

Andrea82

Medalist
Because of Alexander's studies. He had to take some exams. They had to decide if his studies or OG qualification (4 Nats). I would have decided otherwise, but I do not know the study system in Canada. The date of 4 Nats was known for long time!

thanks!

luckyguy

Match Penalty

Are Kuzmichová/Sinicyn Czech citizens?

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
The French federation has just posted this:
We have the pleasure to announce you that Marie-Jade LAURIAULT has just obtained the French nationality! :hap10:
One very good news for this end of year :yahoo:

Weathergal

Medalist
Original post should now be up to date. I think all the questions on the list have been answered for now. To all the GSers for their updates, corrections, and clarifications - you guys rock! :rock:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Yes, problem solved ! Based on this year's results, they should make the Olympic team, right ? [/url]

The final spots on the French team will be named after Europeans. In the case of the second French dance team, the spot is too close to call at this point in time.

Mattieu

Medalist
The final spots on the French team will be named after Europeans. In the case of the second French dance team, the spot is too close to call at this point in time.

Provided Marie-Jade and Romain skate clean, the 2nd spot should be theirs.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
SB scores are split. Lauriault & Le Gac have the short and Abachkina & Thauron have the free. Too close to call;).

They have won every head to head this season. French Masters, Cup of Nice and Nationals. But it has been quite close each time. Still, I think 3 straight head to head victories gives them a bit of an advantage.

French Masters: L/LG (160.41), A/T (158.38)

CS Autumn Classic: L/LG (149.34)
CS Ondrej Nepela: A/T (140.86)

Cup of Nice:L/LG (153.38), A/T (151.94)

GP Russia: L/LG (147.19)
GP China: A/T (144.90)
GP NHK: L/LG (157.62)
GP France: A/T (155.55)

French Nationals: L/LG (163.94), A/T (159.80)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They have won every head to head this season. French Masters, Cup of Nice and Nationals. But it has been quite close each time. Still, I think 3 straight head to head victories gives them a bit of an advantage.

I agree. A bit of an advantage. Lauriault & Le Gac had the jump start into seniors, and it is positive for them that they have held off Abachkina & Thauron this season without having the citizenship secured for Marie-Jade.

But these teams have a history of split results in juniors.

Even this season. At Cup of Nice, Abachkina & Thauron won the short, and Lauriault & Le Gac won the free.

A&T are more volatile. They had a fall at Nepela and at Nationals. So their scores reflect that.

And you have to take into account that they had something of a breakthrough with a competitive score at Internationaux de France. So the potential for a well-received FD is out there now.

At Nationals, the scores were essentially tied after the short. With A&T having the higher international score in the free, it really could have gone their way if they hadn't fallen.

Personally, I think it's likely A&T make the mistake. They have a history of doing so in high pressure events, not just at Nationals this season but at Junior Worlds last year.

Then again, Lauriault & Le Gac were the ones who made the mistake the year before at Junior Worlds. (And Rostelecom was rough this year).

So . . .

Too close to call, IMO.