Quick Olympic impressions 2022 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Quick Olympic impressions 2022

mrrice

Record Breaker
I truly hate not having practice reports from China. I've only seen Karen skate and I'm really hoping that Mariah and Alysa are training well and looking good as we get closer to the Ladies SP. So much focus on Kamila, I think the rest of the ladies are getting lost in the fray.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I truly hate not having practice reports from China. I've only seen Karen skate and I'm really hoping that Mariah and Alysa are training well and looking good as we get closer to the Ladies SP. So much focus on Kamila, I think the rest of the ladies are getting lost in the fray.
Jackie Wong has been posting practice notes for all the ladies.

You can find them here: https://www.rockerskating.com/

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are hours worth of practice cam videos on Peacock. I’m not necessarily a fan of the camera work. Also a chat thread for said videos.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
He's not an American who skates for Canada. He's Canadian through and through. Who is the guy who always packs the GIGANTIC Canadian flag and goes to as many sporting events as possible, not even just figure skating, and waves the heck out of it? Who hopes their baby will be born on Canada Day? I'm American by chance of birth. Keegan chose to be Canadian. He probably even drinks that horrible milk from bags and eats ketchup flavored Doritos for Goddess sake. I just tweeted the Canadian Olympic Foundation (hope those are the right folks to tweet, if not let me know) suggesting Keegan be named flag bearer for the Closing Ceremony. If people are that sick of him and his adorable baby they can take a bathroom break, coffee break, whatever while he skates.
Milk out of bags? I think that might be Quebecois style? I did like his shirt in the LP - Lululemon would have been better to dress the Canadians in that than the monstrocities they provided those maple syrup swigging Thank You polite people of the North. I hear Keegan will skate in the exhibition which would be awesome. I wonder if he eats Poutine?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Milk out of bags? I think that might be Quebecois style? I did like his shirt in the LP - Lululemon would have been better to dress the Canadians in that than the monstrocities they provided those maple syrup swigging Thank You polite people of the North. I hear Keegan will skate in the exhibition which would be awesome. I wonder if he eats Poutine?
I don’t know but Poutine is awesome and I’m American.

mrrice

Record Breaker
If he's ever been cold and hungry anywhere in Canada, I'm sure he's had it several times.

Last edited:

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Now, I have this feeling that all that had to happen in OG FS has happened already and the competition is over. Had to remind myself that there still are Pairs to come.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Well maybe we'll get a big fight on the ice involving aĺl the Russian pairs. Anything is possible these Olympics.
Well, the only Russians who could realistically give us a fight between themselves in kiss&cry were Sinitsina and Katsalapov. This opportunity has been missed already.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Now, I have this feeling that all that had to happen in OG FS has happened already and the competition is over. Had to remind myself that there still are Pairs to come.
I know.

On a related note, How do they decide the order of the events? I thought Pairs was usually the first event and Women's the final one. Although to tell the truth, I don't even remember when Pairs took place in 2018.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I know.

On a related note, How do they decide the order of the events? I thought Pairs was usually the first event and Women's the final one. Although to tell the truth, I don't even remember when Pairs took place in 2018.
The order of events is chosen by the host country and mostly it means that the event in which the strongest host country medal hopes skate goes last. Pars for China, in example.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
So this is over. If somebody told me a month ago that the only true surprise will be the Women category... :eek:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know where to put this, but I think it deserves "general" circulation.

Jason Brown has been living his best life attending each and every Olympic event that he can. With appropriate signage, flags and paraphernalia.

Seen through his eyes, my impressions of the Olympics are quite favorable. :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Funny you should ask. Usually for Canada Figure Skating is a huge part of why we do so well at the Winter Games, but unfortunately this has been a subpar year for the Canadian FS team (although coming 4th in the team event is awesome). Of course, our FS team is in a rebuilding phase and I'm sure will rise again to the top. A big shout out to our Gold Medal women's hockey team! Also we've done well in speed skating (it's skating of course!) and the Skiing events. I am proud of all the team Canada athletes for playing fair and following all the protocols of the Olympics. You made us proud! Go team Canada

noskates

Record Breaker
I've been impressed with the footage from the alpine events. The figure skating, for the most part, has been a black cloud for me up until the Pairs competition. I don't like controversy when I'm trying to enjoy myself and there certainly was a large dose of that. I think the venues are stunning and China has done a good job of presenting these games.