Quick Olympic impressions 2022 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Quick Olympic impressions 2022

Ziotic

Medalist
I’d like to add how happy I am for those who came to these Olympics seeking redemption, so often it’s not achieved and in this case for the most part it was.

Nathan Chen, P/C, and S/H getting the golds that escaped their grasp in 2018. Honourable mention to T/M and H/D for the silver after being off the podium in 2018.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Regret that we will not see Team Japan get their first ever team medal. So sad that we will not see Shoma on the podium for the team medal. So sorry that we will not see Vincent get his medal. I feel bad for Chock & Bates who will now not have a medal after all. Sad that Wakaba now won't see a medal either.

Also so for Mark Kondratiuk, Mishina & Galliamov and Viktoria Sinitsina who miss out on their gold medals too.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Regret that we will not see Team Japan get their first ever team medal. So sad that we will not see Shoma on the podium for the team medal. So sorry that we will not see Vincent get his medal. I feel bad for Chock & Bates who will now not have a medal after all. Sad that Wakaba now won't see a medal either.

Also so for Mark Kondratiuk, Mishina & Galliamov and Viktoria Sinitsina who miss out on their gold medals too.
Well they will get medals (US) the question is what color.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
ON the positive the Olympics went off without major political upheaval, without major Covid outbreak and without tragic deaths. Yes, there was the Kamila issue but despite Covid policies China got the olympics done. there were the "normal" olympic stories which create human interest and drama and some great performances. In my opinion and maybe it was due to low ratings and lack of promotion this was not the olympics with super memorable performances. Skating - nice PC, SH and Nathan got their gold - which they were favoured last tim with pleasant and well done performances but they were not programs which even with errors ie Moonlight Sonata from G and G which were so special. It was nice to see countries no longer always dominating sports - okay minus ladies hockey and some o fthe alpine events but the world is closing in. Still we have athletes allowed by rules switching nations for whatever reasons. The masks kid of hid ea lot of th human drama. You had the cute mascot. The family involvement. People keep saying how horrid the ladies event but the skating was actually very high. The silver medallists had five sort of quads! Even a d isasterous Kamila was fourth! Kaori and Wakaba had geat skates as did the Liu, Loena and all showing promise. Canada showed hope in Madi (we won't talk about Roman lol) Jason skated as beautiful as possible All in all not a bad olympics at all - not necessarily memorable for the right reasons and brought the usual drama, , controversy and debates - none really clear ie Kamila and what really happened and should she have skated or not.