Sasha Cohen - here we go, AGAIN!!!! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen - here we go, AGAIN!!!!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
I can't believe that anyone in his right mind truly believes that Sasha has nothing better to do with a paltry 6 minute warm-up than plot how to intimidate a competitor. That is just ridiculous.

Ridiculous and strange that fans seem to be more upset about this than the skaters who were actually there. Even Kwan has shrugged it off. I wish people would just get off her a$$.

nuggetr

Rinkside
shdotz said:
This has nothing to do with weight. It has to do with bad sportsmanship.

It has to do with trying to bully someone.

If you don't get it by now, you probably won't get it later.

sh
Like I said before if Sasha was going to bully someone I think she would be smart enough to try it on someone more her size rather on someone 15-20 pounds heavier. Get my point yet????? It happens all the time in skating..I know I have spent some time at the rink myself..

euterpe

Medalist
Maria Butyrskaya was also known for intimidating other skaters. It wasn't so much that she'd deliberately run into other skaters, but that she'd expect to get the right of way (in other words, she expected other skaters to defer to her, to get out of her way when they saw her coming).

I think Sasha isn't quite in that league, but I do think she is so intent on her own warmup that she doesn't pay attention to other skaters at all. She more or less expects other skaters to look out for her, but she doesn't reciprocate.

Courtneysk8s

Match Penalty
nuggetr said:
Very original :sheesh: All the talk about her bumping Michelle reminds me of a BMW bumping into a F150 . Can you guess who would get hurt here? I don't think it would be Michelle as she has what maybe 15-20 pounds on Sasha?

Poor tiny, delicate little Sasha :rolleye: Michelle isn't all that much bigger that Sasha, and if she isn't expecting Sasha to come crashing into her, then yes she could get hurt. My dog is about half my weight, but it still hurts when she comes running at me full speed and jumps up on me! Sasha's being slightly smaller than Michelle still doesn't make it okay for her not to pay attention during practice, she could still hurt someone.

nuggetr

Rinkside
Courtneysk8s said:
Poor tiny, delicate little Sasha :rolleye: Michelle isn't all that much bigger that Sasha, and if she isn't expecting Sasha to come crashing into her, then yes she could get hurt. My dog is about half my weight, but it still hurts when she comes running at me full speed and jumps up on me! Sasha's being slightly smaller than Michelle still doesn't make it okay for her not to pay attention during practice, she could still hurt someone.
I did not say someone could not get hurt I said if she did indeed try to bump into Michelle she would be the one that would get hurt as she is the smaller, so I highly doubt she would try anything like that. Or maybe you think she wakes up and says to her
self "Today I will try really hard to bump Michelle , I just hope I don't get knocked on my keister." Michelle is a good bit heavier than Sasha, did you see all that butt hanging down from her bloomers?? Did you happen to see the near bump between Mike and Tim ? Was that planned too??

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
nuggetr said:
Michelle is a good bit heavier than Sasha, did you see all that butt hanging down from her bloomers??

Kwan is bigger than Cohen but is still petite. If this is your opinion of her I would hate to see what you think about a normal sized person, LOL.

nuggetr

Rinkside
Piel said:
Kwan is bigger than Cohen but is still petite. If this is your opinion of her I would hate to see what you think about a normal sized person, LOL.
Petit yes but still has the wieght to back her up..Read it all not just bits.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I DID read it all. I don't understand where you are seeing "all of this butt hanging down"???
...did you see all that butt hanging down from her bloomers??

Michelle's butt like the rest of her is trim and toned, nothing hanging anywhere.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Piel said:
I DID read it all. I don't understand where you are seeing "all of this butt hanging down"???

Michelle's butt like the rest of her is trim and toned, nothing hanging anywhere.

Yeah! I should only have that much butt hanging down! ;)

nuggetr

Rinkside
Piel said:

Take another look !!!!!

Courtneysk8s

Match Penalty
nuggetr said:
I did not say someone could not get hurt I said if she did indeed try to bump into Michelle she would be the one that would get hurt as she is the smaller, so I highly doubt she would try anything like that. Or maybe you think she wakes up and says to her
self "Today I will try really hard to bump Michelle , I just hope I don't get knocked on my keister." Michelle is a good bit heavier than Sasha, did you see all that butt hanging down from her bloomers?? Did you happen to see the near bump between Mike and Tim ? Was that planned too??

Yeah, Michelle's butt is HUGE! Not. I repeat, Michelle is not "a good bit heavier than Sasha". A few pounds heavier, yes, but its not a major difference.

And anyway, if you read my post at all, I never said that I thought the near bump was intentional. I said that even if it was just a case of Sasha not paying attention, which really is just as dangerous as intentionally trying to run into someone anyway, Sasha is not the only one that could get hurt. Being slightly larger does not mean you aren't going to get hurt when someone plows into you, whether or not it was intentional. And for what its worth, being the smallest doesn't mean you don't have to watch where your going.

nuggetr

Rinkside
Well whatever!! Try reading G&G Corner It is said that a regular reader was there and said "It was Michelle purposely getting in Sasha's way" But like I said before it happens when they are all out on the ice warming up. But take it anyway you want.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Mathman said:
:rofl: Nuggetr, you made my day. I guess I didn't notice because I was blinded by the 9 U.S. Championship gold medals around her neck, LOL.

Mathman:)

Oh, all right. If I have to.

http://www.asianweek.com/012998/images/cover_photo.jpg

http://www.windweaver.com/coi2003/michelle91130.jpg

Mathman, that's what they mean...Michelle IS heavier cos of all the gold, and silver medals at the championship level- I think twelve! Sasha better watch out. She's not gonna bump into flesh...she'll bump into pure metal.

gezando

Final Flight
nuggetr said:
Michelle is a good bit heavier than Sasha, did you see all that butt hanging down from her bloomers?? Did you happen to

see the near bump between Mike and Tim ? Was that planned too??

Oh nuggetr, there was a skater exactly Sasha's size who once tried to cut off Volchova's jumping passes. So size is not that much a factor

BTW, I am not saying Sasha is trying to bump MK.

Mk weighs about 105 lbs, Cohen is about ??? So Mk is probably 10 lbs heavier than SC. Now nuggetr please review your jr high physics, in an impact / colision mass is not the only factor, think velocity too, add angle of impact etc There are many factors to consider. So in a collision it does not always mean the smaller mass will get destroyed more. If we think about the ability to absorb an impact?? When a skater falls on her jumps she has to learn how to absorb the impact, so between the 2, I wonder who has more experience (measue in # falls per unit time, or # of falls per competitioin) falling and absorbing the impact of the fall of the body / mass against a huge mass of ice ?? So relax in a theorteical collision b/w Sasha and MK, Sasha will know how to abosrb the impact better

Last edited:

ritymeez

Rinkside
All this talk is kind of entertaining. :rofl:

Anyway, for the naysayers, we're only discussing this becuase it has happened more than several times and at different compittions and to different competitors.

If you're at a ice rink and see somebody continuously cut you off or try to get in your way, you would get kind of suspicious too.

Also, some people, in their left mind, will do crazy things, ala.... Tonya Harding. I'm not saying that Sasha wants to do something so obsene and bad to potentially hurt her and a fellow competitor but the possibility is still there.

And it is interesting that some are saying that they can't speak because they don't have the expertise to speak what they want. I'm a microbiology major, but I like to talk about politics (thought the jargon is somewhat a mystery to me sometimes) and skating, even though I don't have any Masters or doctorate degree in either of them.:p

And remember, this is a forum and there is always a lot of gossips and rumors; it is when we are able to draw the line that makes forums different from each other (or at least with the types of people who are present there). Well, continue to discuss. :rofl:

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
So this is what people do when they have too much time on their hands?

Now, Katarina Witt she was playing mind games with the other skaters on practice and admits it!

jesslily

Final Flight
There are a few threads talking about Sasha, and basically blamig her changing coach, not running clean program, and playing mental game at warm-up ice.

At any ice, who can run fast and get in jump quick, who has the way. I don't believe that Sasha has that bad thought to block Michelle. It's obvious that Michelle is a lot stronger than Sasha.

At long even Sasha did not run clean program, but I still think she should be placed ahead of Michelle. Michelle did no 3L, double a lutz, and the 3lutz she did is a flutz. Her spins were just slow, and she finished far after the music ended.

As for changing coaches, I think Sasha was not happy to see Robin Wagner every day, there is no spark in the training. Sasha leaving TT and RW, the coaches should take some responsibilities too. Is ShuzuKa Arakawa happy this year? From past few GP and cheesefests, I feel she is not that happy with TT. Boots problem is just an excuse. On the RW side, Sarah Hughes never went back to her after 2003 and even RW said that they had not talked through the phone since then

Sasha went back home because she was so down in the east and her skating was not on the track. And finally she decided to go home. John Nicks saved her . Does Sasha still have extra mind and energy to block anybody?

Casper

Rinkside
I was there that night.

I am by no means a fan of Sasha, as I dislike her style on the ice and her personality off of it. It did appear to be an accident for all intents and purposes.

With that said, I would have to say that Sasha is one of the more agressive skaters out there during a warmup. She is not intentionally trying to hurt someone, but she does get closer to the other skaters than most do. You can attribute it to intimidation tactics (which in one interview she did say she enjoyed) or to her being so focused on her skating that she was unaware of the actions of the other skaters.

I don't know which it is, but I would prefer it if she toned it down out there on the ice sometime.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Me too RGal!!

RealtorGal said:
Yeah! I should only have that much butt hanging down! ;)
Since the "who is out to get who" discussion has GOT to be nearing the "totally worn out" stage, maybe we can start discussing who's body parts we'd be willing to trade for.

I'd be willing to donate some "upper body enhancement" to Sasha in exchange for somehow getting Michelle's butt. Anyone else?

:rofl:

DG