Sasha Cohen - here we go, AGAIN!!!! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen - here we go, AGAIN!!!!

apache88

On the Ice
shdotz said:
Here's my reply on your input:

Why would KW do the things she did, or KB, or TH? Only they have the answer to that question - and there probably are many others. (By the way, I've heard the announcers in skating events say that Joseph S. was the first male skater to do the quad - not KB, but KB takes the credit for it. What do I know? I wasn't there, but perhaps the announcers were.) When the Ego becomes master of anyone's destination, the "end justifies the means". It's called "winning" or "going for the gold". Another way of saying this is: "Look at Me, Me, Me; I did it, I won!!!!!"

Remember, I didn't see it, I've read it - several times from trusty new-sources who could be sued if the informed article is determined slander. No one has been sued. There are films of such upsets and people who are present who make comment on such happenings.

What trusted sources are you talking about? Still they don't mean much to me. Also the fact that they have not been sued also doesn't mean anything to me. There could be millions of reasons why they haven't been sued. I will continue to give her the benefit of the doubt until there is an official investigation conducted and she's proven guilty. Ok so IS is your favourite. Would you give her the benefit of the doubt if she was accused of some bad conduct, and there were trusted sources to vouch for it? For the record, I'm not a fan of Sasha and I happen to find her spins extraordinary. Please, if you don't know her personally don't be too quick to judge based on hearsay no matter how reliable the sources are.

shdotz

On the Ice
Trusted Sources

apache88 said:
What trusted sources are you talking about? Still they don't mean much to me. Also the fact that they have not been sued also doesn't mean anything to me. There could be millions of reasons why they haven't been sued. I will continue to give her the benefit of the doubt until there is an official investigation conducted and she's proven guilty. Ok so IS is your favourite. Would you give her the benefit of the doubt if she was accused of some bad conduct, and there were trusted sources to vouch for it? For the record, I'm not a fan of Sasha and I happen to find her spins extraordinary. Please, if you don't know her personally don't be too quick to judge based on hearsay no matter how reliable the sources are.

Apparently, you came in "late".

Please go to the top - first page - of this on-going thread and you can read the cited references for yourself.

Again, I didn't see her do it, I read it; and this is not the first year I've read these allegations by a sports writers and by those who were in the stadium, who saw, and reported said actions in this particular thread.

I dislike people who "cluck" on what they think about so-and-so; that's sheer speculation and usually reveals more about themselves.

It doesn't matter to me who is doing what unless it's reported by a reliable reporter more than once and is shown on a tape on TV - and this was done either last year or the year before. Time has a way of flying and I don't keep notes. AGain, go back to the beginning of this thread and you'll read much, much more that will give you an opportunity to decide for yourself.

Leave IS out of this.

Leave me out of this; get back on track and read, read, read.

sh

Hi, Shdotz. I did read the whole thread, and I just now read it again to make sure I didn't miss something. As far as I could tell only one article is mentioned in the entire 6 page thread. That's the ESPN2 article that you quoted (no link given) in the first post on this thread. There were a couple of other ominous mentions of "where there's smoke there's fire," and "in one interview (no reference given) Sasha bragged about indimidation tactics."

On the other hand, three people who were there and actually witnessed the incident said it was nothing. Four, counting Michelle. I think it was just ESPN reporter trying to come up with something to write an article about.

Mathman:)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Hey guys and gals any practice session can be dangerous!!!! Even on non-competitive figure skating sessions - as I can attest - one has to really watch all directions for skaters and move out of the way when in danger! I have had some close calls and have been knocked to the ice a couple of times.

It's especially more dangerous in a competitive session, because these skaters are nervous and focussing on their skate ahead of them. It's bound to happen from time to time.

I don't think Sasha is "out to get Michelle." She does not strike me as that sort of person. Skaters are trained to watch out for one another. I am sure she did not intentionally run into Michelle.

apache88

On the Ice
shdotz said:
Apparently, you came in "late".

Please go to the top - first page - of this on-going thread and you can read the cited references for yourself.

Again, I didn't see her do it, I read it; and this is not the first year I've read these allegations by a sports writers and by those who were in the stadium, who saw, and reported said actions in this particular thread.

I dislike people who "cluck" on what they think about so-and-so; that's sheer speculation and usually reveals more about themselves.

It doesn't matter to me who is doing what unless it's reported by a reliable reporter more than once and is shown on a tape on TV - and this was done either last year or the year before. Time has a way of flying and I don't keep notes. AGain, go back to the beginning of this thread and you'll read much, much more that will give you an opportunity to decide for yourself.

I am not attacking you in case you perceive it that way. Speculations like what music Sasha is skating to, if she's injured...etc...etc are fine but when it comes to accusation of a certain bad conduct which is potentially damaging as far as reputation is concerned for Sasha, then there has got to be more solid evidence to substantiate that accusation. This solid evidence must come from an official investigation not from reports no matter how reliable they are.

Leave IS out of this.

Why? It's not like I brought her up to invoke negative feelings. I used her as an example to emphasize my point of the importance of giving people the benefit pf the doubt until proven guilty. So, it's relevant to my discussion. While I'm at it, what IS said about the gold dress Michelle wore for the 2002 Olys didn't change of my impression at all that she is this very nice, bubbly, adorable personality. Why? Because I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, everyone can say negative things unintentionally under certain circumstances.

Leave me out of this; get back on track and read, read, read.

Why? You started this thread, I didn't agree with you so I had to share my point of view with you. :)

Last edited:

apache88

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
It's especially more dangerous in a competitive session, because these skaters are nervous and focussing on their skate ahead of them. It's bound to happen from time to time.

I totally agree with you. I can relate to that because I participate in interclub tournaments for tennis. The pressure is super high, the feelings are tense and there are times when I'm so focussed and nervous that I can walk right into the door during my toilet break! This is what probably happens to Sasha and other skaters who have near-miss mishaps.

shdotz

On the Ice
Mathman - Sasha

Mathman said:
Hi, Shdotz. I did read the whole thread, and I just now read it again to make sure I didn't miss something. As far as I could tell only one article is mentioned in the entire 6 page thread. That's the ESPN2 article that you quoted (no link given) in the first post on this thread. There were a couple of other ominous mentions of "where there's smoke there's fire," and "in one interview (no reference given) Sasha bragged about indimidation tactics."

On the other hand, three people who were there and actually witnessed the incident said it was nothing. Four, counting Michelle. I think it was just ESPN reporter trying to come up with something to write an article about.

Mathman:)

Yes, I didn't even think about extending the link. Sorry. Probably because this is not the first time Sasha's been criticized for her practice sessions.

Only one article for one competition event. Same as last year.

Perception is everything; interpretation follows. My point was made when I stated, "here we go again."

I cannot deny the rights of a sports writer to tell like it was.

If you want to know what the future will bring, all you need to do is review the past. Think about that and think about the various skaters and how they've done in competitions, for example. Think about the judging and how many times there have been continuing comments on fairness.

The reporter reported it as s/he saw it.

I only posted it so that others would again be aware that this fact remains, at least in the reporters eye, strong.

Peace, sh