• Don't really like it that much

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Hate it, wish she'd never do it

Votes: 49 29.0%

• Total voters

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
ITA-Jhar

I've been amazed by it for years, but I would like to be surprised by an ending move by her. I'm sure she could come up with something very good. :)

Jhar55 said:
I voted Amazing, because it's amazing anyone can pull one leg up to their head and still remain on one foot without falling over. :thumbsup:
Check out ballet sometime and watch the ballerina just put her leg up there without pulling it up. And you've seen Cirque du Soleil, I presume. I agree though to do the I and the Bielman positions is tough when spinning.

Given the acrobatic nature of the moves, I would love to see Sasha after spinning 3 rotations to let go and with her hands outstretched do another 3 rotations. That would be incredible.

Best trick of all, though, would be a 180 degree Charlotte spin. I think some where, some day, when we least expect it, that will happen.

Joe

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Yeah, Joe, but do ballerina's do what they do, on ice?

Is it possible to do a charlotte spin??? If it is, Sasha is going to be accused of mooning people all the time, lol! :laugh:

CzarinaAnya said:
Yeah, Joe, but do ballerina's do what they do, on ice?

Is it possible to do a charlotte spin??? If it is, Sasha is going to be accused of mooning people all the time, lol! :laugh:
Annya - Do you think a figure skater can last 3 hours on toe? or is 4 minutes her limit on toe rake? ;)

I'm not as all sure anyone can do a Charlotte spin.

Joe

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Annya - Do you think a figure skater can last 3 hours on toe? or is 4 minutes her limit on toe rake? ;)

I'm not as all sure anyone can do a Charlotte spin.

Joe

A skater on toe? I don't know, never asked one. Probably. :yes:

I don't know how long Sasha can go, but I'm sure skating is more tiring in 4 min.'s time than a 4 hour ballet. And, I think that a 4 hour skating program could kill, lol. I could skate for four hours, but not a four hour program. And you didn't anwer my first question. :D

Could a ballerina last doing a four hour skating program?

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
CzarinaAnya said:
I don't know how long Sasha can go, but I'm sure skating is more tiring in 4 min.'s time than a 4 hour ballet.

Have you ever tried ballet? 4 minutes of skating is NOTHING compared to a 4 hour ballet. A professional level ballet solo is just as tiring as a 4 minute skating program. True, its not done on ice, but a ballet dancer also doesn't have all that momentum going into leaps and turns that a skater has.

Anya - Compairing figure skating with ballet is like comparing apples and broccoli. Ballerinas and Ballerinos both can do huge jumps and they can do all those acrobatic moves. They rarely execute anything too extreme because it then becomes esthtically unpleasing.

Dancers of all sorts are extremely flexible. They have to be because they do what the choreographer wants.. I think all skaters are flexible, too. How much? is a value judgement but it should be enough to move about.

And yes, it would be difficult for dancers to put those mechancial things on their feet and do an I spin. :)

Joe

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
dancindiva03 said:
Have you ever tried ballet? 4 minutes of skating is NOTHING compared to a 4 hour ballet. A professional level ballet solo is just as tiring as a 4 minute skating program. True, its not done on ice, but a ballet dancer also doesn't have all that momentum going into leaps and turns that a skater has.

I meant to compare 4 minutes of dancing in a ballet, to skating a 4 minute program. I'm sorry I didn't explain myself better.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Anya - Compairing figure skating with ballet is like comparing apples and broccoli. Ballerinas and Ballerinos both can do huge jumps and they can do all those acrobatic moves. They rarely execute anything too extreme because it then becomes esthtically unpleasing.

Dancers of all sorts are extremely flexible. They have to be because they do what the choreographer wants.. I think all skaters are flexible, too. How much? is a value judgement but it should be enough to move about.

And yes, it would be difficult for dancers to put those mechancial things on their feet and do an I spin. :)

Joe

Thanks for answering my question. :) :) :)

I know dancers are flexible. I wasn't downgrading their abilty of movement. The only reason I got on the subject of ballet(which I like quite a bit), is because you mentioned it. ;) lol

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
CzarinaAnya said:
I meant to compare 4 minutes of dancing in a ballet, to skating a 4 minute program. I'm sorry I didn't explain myself better.

Okay, that makes a little more sense! But I still say that a 4 minute ballet solo is just as tiring as a 4 minute skating program!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
dancindiva03 said:
Okay, that makes a little more sense! But I still say that a 4 minute ballet solo is just as tiring as a 4 minute skating program!

It probably is, since the dancer doesn't get a rest time, when not dancing with a group or a partner. I'm not an expert, so, please don't be offended at my ignorance of ballet. lol :)

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
CzarinaAnya said:
It probably is, since the dancer doesn't get a rest time, when not dancing with a group or a partner. I'm not an expert, so, please don't be offended at my ignorance of ballet. lol :)

And please don't be offended by my compulsion to defend dancing! I studied ballet for 18 years, and no matter what some skaters like to say, ballet is HARD! True, skaters balance on a blade 1/4 of an inch thick, but ballerinas have to do their stuff on an area not much bigger than a quarter!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
dancindiva03 said:
And please don't be offended by my compulsion to defend dancing! I studied ballet for 18 years, and no matter what some skaters like to say, ballet is HARD! True, skaters balance on a blade 1/4 of an inch thick, but ballerinas have to do their stuff on an area not much bigger than a quarter!

I believe you! :laugh: I can't even imagine the bunnion's from standing on one's toes for that long. Ow.....

spongebobsk8r

Rinkside
I think that spin is amazing, especially when she does it. She is one of the best skaters that can do it. She is one of the few people that can get it above her head, and that is cool. :rock: :rock: :clap: :clap: