Skaters with highest chances for podium/Lucky draws for Grand Prix | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skaters with highest chances for podium/Lucky draws for Grand Prix

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's a mobile youtube link. (see the m.youtube in the link.) I just tried it on my tablet, and it worked fine.

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Actually as far as skating skills go (edge, speed coverage), Gracie is already better than Ashley. Should I'm fine with Gracie behind higher than Ashley in that regard. However, what's not fine that it's used as an anchor for the other categories, such as Performance/execution/interpretation/choreography where Ashley is better.

It depends on the day and the performance though, I don't believe you can say Ashley's performance/execution is better as a matter of fact. Hopefully Grace will continue to improve on her interpretation and choreography this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It depends on the day and the performance though, I don't believe you can say Ashley's performance/execution is better as a matter of fact. Hopefully Grace will continue to improve on her interpretation and choreography this year.

I speak in general, of course. I do think Ashley performs better than Gracie. At nationals, maybe not so much, but in general.

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I speak in general, of course. I do think Ashley performs better than Gracie. At nationals, maybe not so much, but in general.

Fair enough, now if only the judging would reflect the skating/performances actually given, especially on PCS more consistently. Wishful thinking on my part....

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley seems to always get easier GP events for some reason. Last year she had very little competition at TB besides Adelina and SC this season is weak as well. Gracie as US Champion actually has tougher competition for some reason.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I wouldn't say Ashley had easy assignments last season at all. She had the eventual Olympic champion (who had an excellent overall season) and the eventual 4th place finisher at worlds and one, and Mao Asada and one of the super Russian wunderkinds (Radianova) at the other. She finished 1st and 2nd. You have to give her credit for that. Psycho-analyzing how everyone skated (and all skated well, besides Sotnikova in the short program) is pointless, and Ashley could have skated better in both her assignments too, although that would unfortunately hold true of her for the entire year. Even when she skated well, she never skated really great or faultless. This year she has to step it up as her reputation going into this season is much lower than going into last.

fairly4

Medalist
i not sure but the ladies gp events are deceptive.

sure at first glance it should be, gracie, julia, adelina for wins at sa, cc & cf, cr & nhk, plus also elena, anna, probably ashley,

however the ladies are equally stack for podium finishes in all

sa should be gracie, elena, 3rd is up for grabs most likely so-youn, elizaveta possible mae berniceor mirai, sc should go to anna but ashley, satoko, kaetlyn,could mess things up add in courtney, natalie , who knows

cc of china with zijun , polina, kanako , christina,elizaveta could mess it up
cr pretty straight forward with adelina and anna 1-2 , 3rd either who mirai, so-youn or someone wants to make a name
cf should be julia, elena, ashley, but who can crash mae bernice, kaetlyn,
nhk, should be adelina, gracie, satoko, kanako, zijun, polina, not to mention maybe gabriella, christina,
ladies isn't as easy at first glance,
depends on well they skate, and how prepared they are.

fairly4

Medalist
pairs, mens and dance, who knows, too early, the men are more competitive, so i am not going to do anything with them.

it too early, to me some looks easier than others but not necessarily.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Ashley seems to always get easier GP events for some reason. Last year she had very little competition at TB besides Adelina and SC this season is weak as well. Gracie as US Champion actually has tougher competition for some reason.

And people never seem to give Ashley enough credit.... Ashley's scores at SA/TEB (essentially both 194, with TEB slightly higher) would have won TEB, Skate America, Rostelecom, and CoC. They would have won silver at SC and NHK (and bested her SA silver score).

So regardless of which GP Ashley was placed in, her performances would have still gotten a top two placement.

Skate Canada has the 4CC silver medalist in Miyahara and the World 4th place finisher in Pogorilaya (and Leonova could even surprise). It's not any easier than somebody like Gold at Skate America, with Radionova probably being her only real competition (the jury is still out about Tuk - I'd wager she'd be easier to defeat than Leonova, and who knows if Park can replicate her World result).

And Wagner certainly will face tough competition at TEB from Lipnitskaia and Radionova.