Spectacular Chan mines gold in Taipei | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Spectacular Chan mines gold in Taipei

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I thought Patrick's long johns costume is even uglier than Han's. but when Patrick is on, who cares about what he wears.

And now, long johns costume seem became the "it" costume among Chinese fg fans (at least among Han's fans):biggrin::p

Oh boy, why can't I stop laughing? :laugh2: :rofl:

mrrice

Record Breaker
That's your opinion. I have mine. Chan is just not my cup of tea regardless of his costumes. I'm just not drawn in by his SS like some. I respect your opinion though.

Respect goes both ways and I definitely have respect for anyone's favorite and it doesn't matter why. Michelle Kwan wasn't my cup of tea as I preferred Maria B. I never heard the end of it. So, who IS your favorite.

padme21

On the Ice
Respect goes both ways and I definitely have respect for anyone's favorite and it doesn't matter why. Michelle Kwan wasn't my cup of tea as I preferred Maria B. I never heard the end of it. So, who IS your favorite.

My favorites are Jason Brown, Hanyu, the Shibs, Marai Negasu. To name a few. I did like Kwan but she's not a favorite.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
My favorites are Jason Brown, Hanyu, the Shibs, Marai Negasu. To name a few. I did like Kwan but she's not a favorite.

You're gonna love this............Jason used to really bug me. He was so cute with his little ponytail...I just wanted to trip him because I loved Joshua. However, he was just so nice and I loved Kori so, what could I do.

Last edited:

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I don't get this incredible love for Han Yan. Most of his movements and programs seem very lackadaisical to me...

I agree. I thought he struggled for many of his landings. I also think HE should of gotten a costume deduction when his bare abdomen was exposed on one of his spins. I wanted to pull his shirt down and tuck it in. I also think he looks terrified when he competes.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Chan was other worldly this time. I actually love his costume and it gives him nice lines to go with his lovely skating. Can't wait to see him LIVE at worlds!!!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Chan was other worldly this time. I actually love his costume and it gives him nice lines to go with his lovely skating. Can't wait to see him LIVE at worlds!!!

Jealous.....That's the only word that came into my mind when I read your comment. Have fun and try not miss anything even when you're tired. If one of your friends wants to get coffee and call their BFF. Tell them they have to wait. Make them wait until a break happens. Be polite but.....Take as many pictures and cell phone videos as you can for your instagram....:agree:

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This may be for the stupid questions thread, but ...

does anyone know the pianist for the music used for Patrick's programs? Not only was his skate the most spellbinding interpretation of the Revolutionary Etude and/or B Minor, the music cuts were great (and that does affect me as well).

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

does anyone know the pianist for the music used for Patrick's programs? Not only was his skate the most spellbinding interpretation of the Revolutionary Etude and/or B Minor, the music cuts were great (and that does affect me as well).

Would it be Karl Hugo? He's the composer and musician Patrick's music designer, Hugo Chouinard works with (see interview with Chouinard here).

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker

There are several versions. Here's another one. Alexei Yagudin used it in 2001. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og59QN4L_ko

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, Yuzu's Chopin. :)

wow... you cannot let it go? look, we understand you love takahashi and yuzu... many of us do too... but yuzu didn't skate at 4CC and well, takahashi hasn't competed in a long time now....

can't you simply rejoice for chan's amazing skate ? is that so hard to do? are you really a figure skating fan ?

mrrice

Record Breaker
wow... you cannot let it go? look, we understand you love takahashi and yuzu... many of us do too... but yuzu didn't skate at 4CC and well, takahashi hasn't competed in a long time now....

can't you simply rejoice for chan's amazing skate ? is that so hard to do? are you really a figure skating fan ?

Yeah...What gives????? Skating is fun and Patrick made my night. There's nothing wrong with celebrating that occasion. PLUS.......Ice Wine. People should be singing his praises!!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty

I never brought him into this thread, so don't take that issue with me. I'm not the one who replied with an attempt at a cheap dig. His free skate was great, that doesn't need commentary. Unlike others, I'm an equal opportunity critic. Well, except for Dai; everything he did was perfect.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Always enjoy your opinions as frustrating as they can be, at times. Anytime you want to leave the Dark side, Max, you will always be welcomed at the table. Just the Ups and Down's of skating bud, def. a roller-coaster at times.

Last edited:

melmel

On the Ice
Yes it does!!!!! Believe me it does and that's what makes Patrick so very special. The lack of frills helps the audience and the judges to stay focused on Patrick's Skating and when he skates like this. He's unbeatable and deservedly so......:points: Sparkles??? What are sparkles.....;)

Nah I doubt it :p Funnily the only costume that distracted me from the skating was the female ice dancer at Euros (i think she was italian ?) whose free was the Schindler's list. Her skirt was too stiff so my eyes kept being dragged up to it.
Honestly I don't mind at all Patrick's choice of costume if he thought that's what was the best choice for him, then roll on. But I never was distracted by Yuzu's "boobskirt" either so. At first I wasn't sold by the "fake tattoos" on Daniel Samohin's SP but after he started skating it didn't bothered me cause it was on par with the theme and the performance.

I guess I'm easy to please :p (and anyway, even with his big bright red shirt, when I see patrick I always end up watching his feet so he could be shirtless, i would still end up looking at his feet anyway XD) So I just think that the number of sparkles and frills a skater wears doesn't make them a lesser skater whoever they are.

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Always enjoy your opinions as frustrating as they can be, at times. Anytime you want to leave the Dark side, Max, you will always be welcomed at the table. Just the Ups and Down's of skating bud, def. a roller-coaster at times.

Well, there was that one romantic dream I had with Patrick. Just don't tell Dai...