Record Breaker
Country
United-States

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He was still so young. :(

Leonovich started his coaching career in Moscow. His students included Ekaterina Gordeeva / Sergei Grinkov, Anna Kondrashova, and Alexandre Fadeev.

In the early 1990s, following the break-up of the Soviet Union, he relocated to France. He worked in Grenoble, Paris, and Amnéville. He coached French pair skaters Sarah Abitbol / Stephane Bernadis and Vanessa Gusmeroli, among others.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Leonovich started his coaching career in Moscow. His students included Ekaterina Gordeeva / Sergei Grinkov, Anna Kondrashova, and Alexandre Fadeev.

In the early 1990s, following the break-up of the Soviet Union, he relocated to France. He worked in Grenoble, Paris, and Amnéville. He coached French pair skaters Sarah Abitbol / Stephane Bernadis and Vanessa Gusmeroli, among others.

I remember reading in Gordeeva's book that she felt he was too kind to be a coach. You could tell that she and Sergei had great affection for him. He was my favorite of the post-Rodnina Russians. He was a magnificient male pair partner and I loved his partnership with Pestova, the little boss.

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

At the end of the video - Two Young Ukrainians from Sverdlovsk near the sea of Azov...