2022 US Stars on Ice | Golden Skate

2022 US Stars on Ice

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The US Stars on Ice tour has been announced for spring 2022:

The skaters are listed here:

(Nathan Chen, Alysa Liu, Hubbell and Donohue, Jason Brown, Chock and Bates, Vincent Zhou, Mirai Nagasu)

The cities are listed here:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

(Nathan Chen, Alysa Liu, Hubbell and Donohue, Jason Brown, Chock and Bates, Vincent Zhou, Mirai Nagasu)

And just want to mention that more skaters are to be added to the tour over time.

Seven Sisters

Medalist

Lots of dates/locations, which is wonderful!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And just want to mention that more skaters are to be added to the tour over time.

Yes, this is only the initial line up, although as I recall the last time I attended in Allentown, there were three men on the actual tour: Nathan, Adam and Jason. Vincent was a "guest" skater in other cities, but not there.

And anyone going to Allentown, hit me up by PM. I am boostered up and, our world permitting, I will be there. :biggrin:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, this is only the initial line up, although as I recall the last time I attended in Allentown, there were three men on the actual tour: Nathan, Adam and Jason. Vincent was a "guest" skater in other cities, but not there.

And anyone going to Allentown, hit me up by PM. I am boostered up and, our world permitting, I will be there. :biggrin:
Yes, but post-Olympic tours tend to be different depending sometimes on town. Many times such in 2014, there are 4 men, 4 ladies, 3 dance teams with plus/minus as guests. It just really depends on skaters, tour year etc... Heck, some post-Olympic tours have a pairs team as the guests. Just saying.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, but post-Olympic tours tend to be different depending sometimes on town. Many times such in 2014, there are 4 men, 4 ladies, 3 dance teams. It just really depends on skaters, tour year etc... Heck, some post-Olympic tours have a pairs team as the guests. Just saying.
Pairs:pray:. They didn't in 2018 in my city, but I would love it.

However, I'm obviously good with the initial line-up:) And any and all additions.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think I'm going to look into the show in San Jose. It's only an hour from Clovis and it's a great city to have fun in before or after the show. I haven't seen any of the current stars live and I would love to see Nathan.

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I'm going to look into the show in San Jose. It's only an hour from Clovis and it's a great city to have fun in before or after the show. I haven't seen any of the current stars live and I would love to see Nathan.
Do go, mrrice! Nathan live is just fantastic. It's a good line-up. Also, have you seen Madison and Zachary? they're just stunning in person. Oh, how I'd love for the show to add a pair or two! Why in the world don't they? I think it would add excitement to the show. Lots of folks like to see the tricks ... and Pairs. Have. Tricks!

I can't believe the number of cities. So many! They're coming back to Detroit (first time, I'm pretty sure, since the new arena was built) and even to my little Grand Rapids arena, which is a really great experience. Of course, the new arena in Detroit is fabulous. SOI hasn't been to Michigan in years, IIRC (unless I was asleep at the advertisement wheel, which has happened).

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm tempted to get to the Honda Center in Anaheim, if only due to fond memories of 4CC 2019 in that same arena...:cry:

However, I tend to appreciate competitive programs more than exhibition programs, so I am a little hesitant about seeing something like this. I've seen a few galas, but this would be my first real ice show. (though does the Disney on Ice show I saw as a kid count?). There's not much difference, is there? Maybe it would be fun to bring a friend along...🤔

fs_fan98

Rinkside
Does anyone know how much tickets have been in the past? I really want to go but I have no idea what to expect for pricing. Also how much Meet & Greet passes are. I am tempted to get one if it's not too terribly expensive.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm tempted to get to the Honda Center in Anaheim, if only due to fond memories of 4CC 2019 in that same arena...:cry:

However, I tend to appreciate competitive programs more than exhibition programs, so I am a little hesitant about seeing something like this. I've seen a few galas, but this would be my first real ice show. (though does the Disney on Ice show I saw as a kid count?). There's not much difference, is there? Maybe it would be fun to bring a friend along...🤔

I understand what you mean, the excitement of a comp is unique and will not be matched.

But, in my one experience, this is not "Disney on Ice". ;)It is much more like a gala. In fact, the skaters usually perform their gala program and maybe a watered down version of a comp program. Which meant that in the show I saw, Nathan did only one quad:laugh:

There are also group numbers, which I found less interesting, just me personally, and some cheesy stunts like the t-shirt cannon. But they pick good skaters for those events (I was surprised at how funny Jason and Zach, who did the T-shirt promo at my show, were together).

I liked it more than I thought I would. And it was a chance to see retired skaters like Meryl and Charlie who I would not have otherwise seen live.

Does anyone know how much tickets have been in the past? I really want to go but I have no idea what to expect for pricing. Also how much Meet & Greet passes are. I am tempted to get one if it's not too terribly expensive.

My ticket in 2018 was roughly $80.00, for best seats other than "on the ice", which were considerably more. I don't know if they have increased since then. We have members who have gone faithfully every year, but I have only gone when it is in "my city" which appears to be Oly years. :)

Meet and greet tickets, IIRC, were an additional $75. I did not purchase them, but they sold out pretty quickly. The venue had a line and was not the largest room in the world, so I don't know if there will be an M&G depending on the state of COVID.

fs_fan98

Rinkside
My ticket in 2018 was roughly $80.00, for best seats other than "on the ice", which were considerably more. I don't know if they have increased since then. We have members who have gone faithfully every year, but I have only gone when it is in "my city" which appears to be Oly years. :)

Meet and greet tickets, IIRC, were an additional $75. I did not purchase them, but they sold out pretty quickly. The venue had a line and was not the largest room in the world, so I don't know if there will be an M&G depending on the state of COVID.
Ohhhh I see. Honestly not too bad all things considered. I think they're still doing M&G according to the website. The only thing is that "Due to recent safety protocols, attendees will be asked to maintain a 6' social distance from skaters as well as other Meet & Greet guests"

Also apparently you're not allowed to have personal items signed by the skaters or take personal photographs with them. But "Each Meet & Greet attendee will receive a Stars on Ice memento personally autographed by each skater." I'm not sure if that's new because of covid or if that's always been the policy, but it kind of seems like, idk a waste to get M&G at that point. Like if there's no taking pictures with the skaters and having to stand 6ft away, it just seems a little pointless now that I think about it a little more.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We normally attend the Hershey, PA show, but Allentown, PA is even closer (only an hour away), so it looks like we will plan to attend the Allentown stop!

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Usually, in the post-Olympic tours those who competed will have one of the programs they do in the show be either their SP/LP (RD/FD), and then the other is an exhibition program. For instance, the post 2018 Olympic show: Nathan did "Nemesis", H/D did "Caught Out in the Rain", for one of their programs.
120 on ice (at most arenas) to like 30 in the upper parts of the lower deck. Now, the prices have increased this year in many places, some close to 170 for on ice. The meet and greet tickets are anywhere from 75 to 100 depending on the arena. Many of these prices again for seats and m&g vary based on what arena and location you are at.

Also, someone else asked that I didn't quote, and yes, this way of doing m&g is new since the pandemic. You used to be able to go up and stand with skaters and take pictures with them on your phone, get them to autograph things. The pandemic has changed this.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Usually, in the post-Olympic tours those who competed will have one of the programs they do in the show be either their SP/LP (RD/FD), and then the other is an exhibition program. For instance, the post 2018 Olympic show: Nathan did "Nemesis", H/D did "Caught Out in the Rain", for one of their programs.

120 on ice (at most arenas) to like 30 in the upper parts of the lower deck. Now, the prices have increased this year in many places, some close to 170 for on ice. The meet and greet tickets are anywhere from 75 to 100 depending on the arena. Many of these prices again for seats and m&g vary based on what arena and location you are at.

Also, someone else asked that I didn't quote, and yes, this way of doing m&g is new since the pandemic. You used to be able to go up and stand with skaters and take pictures with them on your phone, get them to autograph things. The pandemic has changed this.
@Ic3Rabbit do you believe the change will be permanent?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ohhhh I see. Honestly not too bad all things considered. I think they're still doing M&G according to the website. The only thing is that "Due to recent safety protocols, attendees will be asked to maintain a 6' social distance from skaters as well as other Meet & Greet guests"

Also apparently you're not allowed to have personal items signed by the skaters or take personal photographs with them. But "Each Meet & Greet attendee will receive a Stars on Ice memento personally autographed by each skater." I'm not sure if that's new because of covid or if that's always been the policy, but it kind of seems like, idk a waste to get M&G at that point. Like if there's no taking pictures with the skaters and having to stand 6ft away, it just seems a little pointless now that I think about it a little more.

As has been noted, the restrictions are COVID related. I agree with you that the M&G's main draw would have been to have photos with the skaters. I understand the need for precautions, but it is sad.

Also, even when they allowed photos at the M&Gs, at least in 2018, they would pair up the skaters. And the pairings were kind of random, at least to me. I think Jason was at a table with Bradie.(?) So you couldn't get a photo with Jason or Bradie alone, it had to be both.

Still, I am really hoping the show goes off. My venue is a fairly new arena and my seats were great for seeing the action. Taken for what it is, it's a good time. :)