The Nordics Open 2022 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Nordics Open 2022

Country
Norway
I´m very much looking forward to this competition and I can´t believe it´s already this weekend.

There have been a few more WD. Anita Östlund and Maia Sørensen is out in senior women, and there are some WD from juniors as well. I hope we won´t see much more.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Maksr Suntsev Wd☹. I thought he wants to try to get the Worlds TES, but maybe he wants tl concentrate to JWC, because there is nobody at the moment really competing with him about the spot there. Arttu Juusola has the minimums and there are a couple of junior men who are able to get them in time in theory but they are technically so much behind Makar so it is unlikely anyone else to get the spot if Makar stays healthy.

Edit: Makar is announced to Sofia Trophy. I suppose it is too close to Nordics and he decided to go Sofia.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I see Icelandic skaters are on their way, and some of the Norwegian skaters too. Novice and Junior ladies skate the SP tomorrow, and the draw will be tonight.

It´s a good thing Nordics is this weekend, Denmark wants to end all restrictions on February 1.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It is tight competition between Finnish juniors about the JWC spot, so this is important competition for them. It is maybe a little bit confusing situation, because Linnea Ceder, who is leading now the two-best-scores-list in juniors, is just one week young enough, her scores are from senior competitions and her TES in juniors are from season 2019-2020. Linnea, if she skates clean, has a good chance to go to lead in seniors and take the WC spot, though. She, IMO, has usually the best "nerves" in big competitions top Finnish ladies and now she is getting back to her own level after injury. Linnea has the TES for worlds already, so she just needs about 177 points, but if it is enough it depends on how Jenni does at Olympics and what Oona can do. It is quite open which one of the Finnish women gets to WC spot. In juniors Janna Jyrkinen and Iida Karhunen are very close to each other while Iida leading at the moment and the situation has been this close whole season, Janna have been in lead for a while just by few points and in last competition Iida passed her. The JWC team will be announced 13th February and I checked that they both are planning to compete once after Nordics before the deadline at Hungary.

In men Dr V is anxious to get the FS TES for worlds. Matias Lindfors and Yaroslav (Jari) Krestyanikov are for sure looking for TES for JWC, althought I cannot see their technical level to be high enough to beat Makar, but they could be substitutes.

Tingeling

Rinkside
I´m very much looking forward to this competition and I can´t believe it´s already this weekend.

There have been a few more WD. Anita Östlund and Maia Sørensen is out in senior women, and there are some WD from juniors as well. I hope we won´t see much more.
So in the end Sweden are not sending any top skaters except in junior men.

Nice to see Gabriel Folkesson, though! He competed in two qualifiers before Christmas and doesn't have all his jumps back, but good fighting after a long injury spell. His last international was in 2018 :oops:

Country
Norway
Interesting to hear about the battle for JWC spots and WC for the Finnish skaters. I don´t know about the Norwegian skaters, but I would think this competition plays a big role in who will be sent to JWC as well. But I see a lot of the skaters are on the entries list of Reykjavik International Games the next weekend, I think there is some Finnish skater going there too. So they might not decide until after.

From the Norwegian team I think only Mia Risa and Linnea Kilsand got the TES minimums for JWC, but Linnea is currently doing more seniors competitions and her main goal is most likely to get her FS TES for WC. Frida Berge would probably try to get the WC minimum also, but she doesn´t have the same difficult layout and would have to get the SP minimum as well, but she actually achieved 46 in TES after a clean skate in Andorra Open so she has been closer in the FS. I wouldn´t count out Ida Vamnes for the JWC spot either, but she needs the minimum. She hasn´t been competing since October because of injury but apparently she is healthy again.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
So in the end Sweden are not sending any top skaters except in junior men.

Nice to see Gabriel Folkesson, though! He competed in two qualifiers before Christmas and doesn't have all his jumps back, but good fighting after a long injury spell. His last international was in 2018 :oops:
Yeah unfortunately a lot of WD from the Swedish skaters :( I wonder why they WD all the novice skaters.

Wow, that is quite some journey, hopefully it´s a nice competition to come back too! :)

I´m looking forward to see Andreas Nordrebäck and Casper Johansson again, I enjoyed watching them in JGP :)

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Interesting to hear about the battle for JWC spots and WC for the Finnish skaters. I don´t know about the Norwegian skaters, but I would think this competition plays a big role in who will be sent to JWC as well. But I see a lot of the skaters are on the entries list of Reykjavik International Games the next weekend, I think there is some Finnish skater going there too. So they might not decide until after.

From the Norwegian team I think only Mia Risa and Linnea Kilsand got the TES minimums for JWC, but Linnea is currently doing more seniors competitions and her main goal is most likely to get her FS TES for WC. Frida Berge would probably try to get the WC minimum also, but she doesn´t have the same difficult layout and would have to get the SP minimum as well, but she actually achieved 46 in TES after a clean skate in Andorra Open so she has been closer in the FS. I wouldn´t count out Ida Vamnes for the JWC spot either, but she needs the minimum. She hasn´t been competing since October because of injury but apparently she is healthy again.
I checked, the "candidates" competing about the JWC spot I could mention Nella Pelkonen, who is going there, but I think she does not have enought time, she would need two competitions and get about 160 points from both. Olivia Lisko is also competing about the spot, but she would need more than 170 points, because senior points are decreased by -3 from senior competitions scores. Lots of pressure, maybe. I just hope everybody does they best.

Jenni is still on the Reykjavik international games list, but for sure she won't be there.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
There is link for live stream on oraganizer's website but I cannot get if it is free or not. I am not able to watch everything anyway, but I wish I could pick some.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I wonder if the stream will be archived? I will miss at least junior ladies SP today and senior men on Sunday because of my volunteer duties.

Country
Norway
Wow, the audience is great!

Pernille With delivered a really good program. Her 2A was lovely, good combo 3T-2T and a little unstable om the 3S, but I think it´s the best I have seen her do. And she got a step sequence 3! :clap: :clap: