Unathorized Virtue & Moir twitter page spreading propaganda | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Unathorized Virtue & Moir twitter page spreading propaganda

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
it was on an episode of their dumb show

tessa's like, "i wouldn't say we're friends...but we're civil." the way she says it, you know she means they hate each other. also they mention meryl not talking to them or sitting in the change room with them and scott kind of being a douche and playing head games and making digs when he knows she can hear them

Actually no, I for one don't know that they "hate" each other. That's an assumption on your part. It's a heavily edited reality show. Or should I say "reality" show.

Reality. "Reality show."
Reality. "Reality show."

Nope. They're not the same things at all.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Actually no, I for one don't know that they "hate" each other. That's an assumption on your part. It's a heavily edited reality show. Or should I say "reality" show.

Reality. "Reality show."
Reality. "Reality show."

Nope. They're not the same things at all.

sure, maybe 'hate' is a strong word, but it's not just the show. they've said in interviews they're "not exactly friends". the relationship has obviously gone arctic for whatever reason (i'm guessing since v/m started losing) whereas they used to say in 2010 they were best friends

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Given that we are spectators and not in the Arctic Skating Arena on a daily basis, I think the best anyone could say is that they are both extremely competitive teams. Anything other than that is pure speculation.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
There is definitely something fishy going on with the sudden spreading of propaganda, weird articles, etc. It does look like a desperate attempt from someone on the Canadian side. If Virtue/Moir lose gold.. it would be a really, really bad thing for them.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
The article from the French magazine alleging a fix in Ice Dance between Russia and USA to give Meryl & Charlie gold over Tessa & Scott is making a lot of news in Canada this morning. It's being reported in The Globe & Mail and is all over Twitter. Craig Buntin just Tweeted it, too.

What is terrible about situations like this is that it's bad for both V&M and D&W. It's obviously unfair to V&M if there's a plot against them, but it's also bad for D&W because even if they win fairly, people will think it was stolen.

emdee

Final Flight
Given that we are spectators and not in the Arctic Skating Arena on a daily basis, I think the best anyone could say is that they are both extremely competitive teams. Anything other than that is pure speculation.

Totally agree....but such interesting speculation and such believable speculation.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
whoever wins, they better win with a skate good enough to silence the doubters. v/m went into vancouver with people saying they had an unfair home ice advantage too but after their skate, no one doubted their win. if d/w do win, they better skate their frilly panties off to shut everyone up

jfdw

Rinkside
whoever wins, they better win with a skate good enough to silence the doubters. v/m went into vancouver with people saying they had an unfair home ice advantage too but after their skate, no one doubted their win. if d/w do win, they better skate their frilly panties off to shut everyone up

I agree with you. I hope that every skater single or a pair that wins a medal skates the program so well that no one can post and say they did not win it fair and square. Then perhaps the threads can get back to posting about their love of skating and their admiration for the talent of the skaters instead of many of these post that show nothing but hatred for certain countries and certain skaters. It takes away from the sport and the Olypmic Spirit.

zamboni step

Final Flight
ANONYMOUS ASKED: Even ice dance noobs like me can see that V/M are the superior team. They are infinitely smoother and have so much more chemistry and emotion, and are just so much nicer to look at compared to D/W who are just going through the motions. Every motion is meaningful with V/M but I can't even discern what D/W are doing half the time.

Dear god......what kind of person is running this monstrosity?

Davis and White and Virtue and Moir were great friends while V&M were in top and D&W were content to tag cheerfully along behind. Now, not so much. ;)

About this twitter account -- meh. There are thousands of really, really awful web pages, blogs, etc., out there, full of hateful lies, slanderous false attacks, and everything else you can think of. This is just a fan page for someone to cheer for his/her faves and say boo to their opponents.

The article from the French magazine alleging a fix in Ice Dance between Russia and USA to give Meryl & Charlie gold over Tessa & Scott is making a lot of news in Canada this morning. It's being reported in The Globe & Mail and is all over Twitter. Craig Buntin just Tweeted it, too.

Yup, that's how it goes. An anonymous Russian coach tells L'equipe, "psst -- the fix is in." Then the Globe and Mail says, "L'equipe just said, 'psst -- the fix is in.'" Then Craig Buntin tweets, hey, the Globe and Mail just said that L'equipe said that a Russian coach said ...

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
Yup, that's how it goes. An anonymous Russian coach tells L'equipe, "psst -- the fix is in." Then the Globe and Mail says, "L'equipe just said, 'psst -- the fix is in.'" Then Craig Buntin tweets, hey, the Globe and Mail just said that L'equipe said that a Russian coach said ...

As a Canadian fan, I'm very happy the way of our campaign is going. :party:

DaveT

On the Ice
What sucks about this is the most likely scenario, if judged fairly, is that Davis and White would legitimately win. I just don't see the evidence yet that this is beyond ubers trying to create this narrative. And as to the so called Russian judge's comments on the "fix", I just can't imagine his/her motivation for sharing such with a French journalist - makes no sense. And Americans having the savvy to play behind the scenes like others is even harder to believe. I can see how people "think" the Canadians do because I constantly read people really describing their frustration with COP but call it inflation thus implying funny business.

ranjake

Final Flight
As a Canadian fan, I'm very happy the way of our campaign is going. :party:

I hate it. It spoils the Olympics. I've had several articles of Canadian origin on my FB this morning- written from the POV that V/M are always better and NO ONE believes D/W has /will ever win legitimately. I feel awful that D/W have to see this crap.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Davis and White and Virtue and Moir were great friends while V&M were in top and D&W were content to tag cheerfully along behind. Now, not so much. ;)

About this twitter account -- meh. There are thousands of really, really awful web pages, blogs, etc., out there, full of hateful lies, slanderous false attacks, and everything else you can think of. This is just a fan page for someone to cheer for his/her faves and say boo to their opponents.

Exactly. that's how then we have a sob story of how a team might lose because of a fix. Some people are just that desperate, it's so sad.

dardar1126

On the Ice
This will be won or lost on the ice, not because of some backroom deal. D&W are so solid right now, it's hard to imagine them losing. V&M are also very good, but continue to have problems with their twizzles...sometimes it's him, sometimes her...but this seems to be the element that they are most likely to screw up.

If both teams skate clean, then it's a crap shoot. Although based on their last two seasons, I think the edge goes to D&W.

SimplyLex

On the Ice
I'm utterly disgusted by the Canadian media quoting it like's it's legitimate and true. And it's so riddiculous! Has nobody paid attention to D/W the past four years? They've been on top most of the time. Saying the fix is in and that's why they're winning is saying the fix has been in pretty much since 2011. They're technically the strongest team out there, they've improved their connection, they've gained control over their speed and energy, they've peaked. V/M's peak was in Vancouver and some people just can't deal with that.

It's all just sour grapes from people who never accepted the fact that the once inferior D/W actually caught up with their once superior opponents. Or even surpassed them.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Thank you - I am truly sickened by this stupidity. D/W are the best by far and have been for a while. And, does anyone remember the "Davis/White wuz robbed" page from the Vancouver Olympics? I believed they were - but I never blamed a 'fix', I just believed that the skating world was not embracing the speed, power and technique that D/W possessed. Now, they are even greater and more amazing - they have won - in my eyes - every match up since Vancouver. They have been consistently near perfect every time and to have all that dismissed - this is such absolute disgusting crap - this stinks.

I'm utterly disgusted by the Canadian media quoting it like's it's legitimate and true. And it's so riddiculous! Has nobody paid attention to D/W the past four years? They've been on top most of the time. Saying the fix is in and that's why they're winning is saying the fix has been in pretty much since 2011. They're technically the strongest team out there, they've improved their connection, they've gained control over their speed and energy, they've peaked. V/M's peak was in Vancouver and some people just can't deal with that.

It's all just sour grapes from people who never accepted the fact that the once inferior D/W actually caught up with their once superior opponents. Or even surpassed them.