US Olympic Team Announced | Page 53 | Golden Skate

US Olympic Team Announced

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Honestly, I think they'll probably go with who has the "hot hand" in the practices at the venue for women and pairs.
I'm not sure about this. Practices may help determine how well certain athletes have recovered from illness or injury, but all of the candidates for the team event have substantial bodies of work to consider, and to me their results make it easy to rank them based on that rather than how training is going.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
It make sense to divide the athletes from each sport by plane. By the same logic, it makes sense to divide the Team Event people by plane.
Athletes from each sport weren't divided by plane. The entire hockey team flew together, etc. And if they were purposely putting Team Event people on separate planes, Nathan and Vincent wouldn't have been on the same flight. Along with K/F, who are also probably doing the TE. And Karen. And H/D left the same day too.

Guess we'll see.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Here's my question. Now that the US has 2 first place and one 3rd placement in the team event, are they currently leading the team event?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's my question. Now that the US has 2 first place and one 3rd placement in the team event, are they currently leading the team event?

Mr Rice here is an article on the front page of Goldenskate that talks about Day One and the points.