Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Vera Bazarova and Yuri Larionov end partnership

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
Good that they quit. Maybe now Vera can eat something, gain some muscle, and be able to jump her triples. She looks malnurished and weak out there.

borzaya

Final Flight
And another splitting pair, oh no :scowl:
Though, on second thought, for this very pair that could still be good... They have definitely always looked mismatched.

Alba

Record Breaker
She just always looks so sad.
When I first saw them at the 2010 Europeans I thought they would be the next great Russian couple but it just did not happen.
Also, the programs they are given are so bland.

Yeah I agree about their programs. In particular their LP this year was absolutely not suited to her. The SP though could've been very good for her.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
And another splitting pair, oh no :scowl:
Though, on second thought, for this very pair that could still be good... They have definitely always looked mismatched.

It's the first of the official breakups. Everything else has been rumor and conjecture. But I'm sure it won't be the last. Ice dance after Vancouver practically played musical chairs with teams.

anyanka

Record Breaker
They were very talented individually, but his lack of real presence and her tiny jumps on the SBS really hurt their overall look. They lucked out at the 2012 GPF with that silver since it was such a lousy FS. They've never stood out for me.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
What a shame...I know she couldn't land the jumps to save her life, but they had many lovely qualities; their lifts in particular were always fantastic. Oh well, life goes on.

On the other hand, I'm curious to know if his new partner is Martiusheva? Perhaps not the best partnership given her lovely classical qualities and his truckdriver qualities, but she's available. Granted, her SBS are only marginally better than Vera's (Martiusheva's actually leave the ice and are generally rotated, even if she doesn't land them).

Who else might his new partner be? Does anyone know?

anyanka

Record Breaker
WOW I am surprised. I thought they were dating (that is to say, I KNOW they were dating for a time and thought they still were), and I know she's made statements that she knew from a young age she would not want to skate with another person... she waited for him after his doping debacle.

I hope she will find a new partner. In all honesty, he may do better without her even though she has better line and basics because she just never can control/land her SBS jumps.

I thought so too!
I note from the translation - the language seems to indicate that Mozer *might* have someone lined up for him?
What about her? Will she then move on and out of the training group? Mozer seems to have a full slate at the moment.
Unless of course Vera heads to Moskvina, who won't be retiring anytime soon if K/S continue next year.

donezo

On the Ice
I can't say I'm too sad about this news. They had nice overhead lifts, but there was never much else there. Her jumps were unforgivably poor for a top pairs' skater. I thought they were usually needlessly held up on the 2nd mark.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I can't say I'm too sad about this news. They had nice overhead lifts, but there was never much else there. Her jumps were unforgivably poor for a top pairs' skater. I thought they were usually needlessly held up on the 2nd mark.

Agreed. They had the least presence. Their Spartacus FS was the least memorable interpretation of that piece of music ever (for me Dom/Shab in 2009W was pretty much textbook).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vera Bazarova is very beautiful, has an elegant appearance and great posture but it won't matter who her partner is: she just can't jump.

Yuri Larionov lands his jumps and is an effective partner in the lifts but no matter who his partner is, he looks like a truck driver and is an uncommunicative lump on the ice.

Each one brings a significant negative to a new partnership.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
What a surprise. Aren't they dating each other? Even at the Olympics, the chemistry was there, and they are holding hands with each other when the scores were to be announced--quite intimate I thought. I hope the split has nothing to do with their romantic breakup.

I don't know who dumped whom though, since the major problem for the team is Vera's jump. It's so ingrained that with a new partner or coach, she can only increase the success rate of the jumps a little bit, and you have to cope with all issues with a new partner.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Andrei Deputat will be a good partner for vera, the same age
and he will have no partner soon when Davankova grows a few more cm

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know who dumped whom though, since the major problem for the team is Vera's jump. It's so ingrained that with a new partner or coach, she can only increase the success rate of the jumps a little bit, and you have to cope with all issues with a new partner.

From Vera VK:
"I am grateful to Yuri for everything he has done for me .. I did not leave him in a difficult situation .. sorry, but he made the decision himself ..."

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
From Vera VK:
"I am grateful to Yuri for everything he has done for me .. I did not leave him in a difficult situation .. sorry, but he made the decision himself ..."

makes him ungrateful
considering that she had waited a year after for his doping

I hope she gets a better partner, hopefully Deputat will be available soon
Larionov will not get another partner better than Vera, Larionov is a Truck Driver

Alba

Record Breaker
From Vera VK:

Such a sweet thing Vera. I must say a classy reaction from her. :)