Videos with scoring breakdowns? Well performed element videos? | Golden Skate

Videos with scoring breakdowns? Well performed element videos?

Query

Rinkside
I have long wanted to see videos that analyzed skaters' performances, in slow motion, moment-to-moment, point-for-point, and explained exactly how they should be scored. I mean of course something much more detailed than what TV sports commentators give - or have time during a competition to give.

I realize scoring is partly subjective.

But an explanation of how it all SHOULD work would be helpful to me. I think it would be helpful to many others who try to skate or watch figure skating.

I would also like to see videos which show how all major skating elements should be performed well, in full detail. I know the USFS has at various times sold videos and apps which show the minimum passing standard for such elements, but I want something that shows how they SHOULD be performed, by GOOD skaters. The ISU has some videos that show well performed elements, but they aren't all that complete, or well organized. It might be nice, for example, to see videos that showed and explained all the LTS elements, performed very well, in sequence.

Do you folks know of any such videos? (Of course free videos are best.)

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I don't but, I look forward to seeing the replies and watching the videos. Great Post.