What are you looking forward to most this season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What are you looking forward to most this season?

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
- Evgenia's new programs and her evolution under Brian and Tracy! I can't wait to see what they have in store and to see them interact at the K&C
- Yuzu's new programs! He had repeats last year and I'm so curious to see what he's gonna do as a 2OGM
- Wakaba! I hope she slays this season and conquers a GP medal :)
- Kostornaia's 3A
- Gracie's comeback - may it go splendidly
- The pairs, which will be super unpredictable and interesting
- Dima Aliev's new program with Averbubu
- Marin and Eunsoo with Raf - I want to see how they have evolved
- Polina! I hope she will shine

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rather than pick a skater I really love, I'm going to choose one I have soured on over the past couple of years.

I'm really interested in Jason Brown's new programs. Especially his short, which I think is a very bold choice. I wonder if he will pull that off.

Can Jason regain me as a fan? Time will tell.

macy

Record Breaker
Gracie's comeback- I don't even care if she does singles the whole way, i just want to see her enjoying herself
Zhenya's developing progress under Orser and new programs
if Alina can continue to hold her spot as #1 lady
the rise of Wakaba and her 3A
Alena's 3A

mrrice

Record Breaker
Gracie's comeback- I don't even care if she does singles the whole way, i just want to see her enjoying herself
Zhenya's developing progress under Orser and new programs
if Alina can continue to hold her spot as #1 lady
the rise of Wakaba and her 3A
Alena's 3A

I love and agree with this comment. Especially when it comes to Gracie.

KiraraChin

Medalist
- First and foremost, Zhenya!

- JNats and the epic battle for the men's 3rd spot

- Kazuki Tomono's Riverdance and 4T

- Wakaba's 3A development

- Kaetlyn hopefully coming back later in the season

- Yuzuru's programs in general, and whether he got the 4A

- Jason's development - will he get a quad?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Dai, Gracie and Jason. Fingers crossed that all have a magical season! Also excited to see Shoma’s programs develop.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
I am looking forward to Boyang 's continued improvement in his skating and him moving forward despite condemnation and comments on his career choices.
I am excited for his new programs and hope that judges and fans will recognize and acknowledge his efforts despite his 'less than stellar training environment' and 'second class tutelage'.

And that's my passive aggressive comment for the night.

PS. Also excited for Medvedeva, Higuchi, Hanyu, Sui/Han, Kostornaia, Gold and An

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yeah, im with you, i expect a lot of crazy moments at Nats :cheer2:

Of all the events I wish I could attend....It's Russian Nationals without a doubt. We all know that there are going to be some great skaters who won't get to go Europeans and Worlds. I feel sorry for them because they'd probably be champions in most other countries.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Fun minor thing to follow, for me, will be seeing whether it's Keegan Messing or Stephen Gogolev who lands the quad Lutz in competition first, as they're the two Canadian men's singles skaters attempting to introduce one this year.

Like most others, I'm curious what Evgenia's new career/artistic phase looks like (and how it's scored).

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
- Xiangning Li competing in two categories on the GP circuit. Fingers crossed for her, if she does manage it it'll be a first I think?

Kristi Yamaguchi competed both pairs and singles in the 88-89 and 89-90 seasons.

In 88-89 she competed:
singles: SA, NHK and Worlds
pairs: NHK and Worlds

In 89-90 she competed:
singles: SC, NHK and worlds
pairs: SA, NHK and worlds

She won an impressive number of medals at those events, including medals in both disciplines at NHK in 88.

Technically this was before the Grand Prix, but the events are part of the current Grand Prix, and Worlds is still Worlds! It was a pretty remarkable achievement.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking forward? I am literally on pins and needles, hoping that Ashley Wagner will create her AW Magical Moment at some later point during the season. Of course, she'll have to find her motivation, and I wouldn't blame her if she calls it a career. But I do hope she skates competitively again this year! Maybe it would take shifting her motivation to skating for herself. Or for audience members who put a high value on charisma, passion, and performance.

libecha

Rinkside
-Tarasova/Morozov's new programs. They are such a talented, classical pair but last season's execrable FS ruined everything it touched. Can't wait to see a new effort.

-Evgenia's changes under Brian Orser

-What Alexa & Chris come up with under Aljona and whether there's any improvement

-Speaking of Aljona, whether S/M continue. My personal theory is that Bruno already decided months ago and this whole "give it a year and see" thing is a way of letting Aljona down easy. Waiting to see if I'm right.

-Seeing if Ryom/Kim can take it up a level

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
-Seeing Loena Hendrickx and Laurine Lecavelier continue their upward trajectories.

-Finding out what Guillaume Cizeron and Charlie White's programmes for James/Cipres look like.

-James/Cipres, basically.

-All the new juniors from unexpected small federations who'll be trying their hands at the JGP in the next couple of months.

-Watching how Harley and Katia develop after their move to train in Canada.

-Finding out whether Gabrielle Daleman, Diana Nikitina and Anita Ostlund will attempt quads in competition.