What are you looking forward to most this season? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What are you looking forward to most this season?

LadyB

Record Breaker
- Stolbova/Klimov. Will they re-emerge? If yes, with each other or with somebody else? The suspense is killing me!
- Going to Rostelecom. I'm not really impressed with the line-up, but I love Moscow, want to meet some friends and very much hope to see Fedor somewhere :luv17:
- Tarasova/Morozov's development under Trankov
- Possible comeback of Bobrova/Soloviev
- I so hope that Piper & Paul can seize this season and put themselves firmly on the map. Even if they'd have to take one step back when WeaPos return, they need to establish themselves as the
future Canadian leaders. :cheer:
- Zhenya's development under Orser
- Junior Russian dance and pairs couples: can they prove that Russia has a great future again?
- Stephen Gogolev's first JGP
- Team Italia!!!
- Javi's final European championships
- Can Misha takeover from him on the European stage?
- Hurtado/Khaliavin's continued strong development under Zhulin
- seeing Yuzu live for the first time
- Sergei Voronov giving it his best shot!!!

Nika09

On the Ice
- James/Cipres and Sui/Han's new programs (trying to keep low expectations though, in order to avoid huge disappointment) and their performances in competitions.
- Papadakis/Cizeron new programs, especially curious about their SD this season.
- Japanese Ladies rivalry.
- Zagitova's come back as Olympic Champion
- Everything about Men's field, Hanyu's new programs particularly.
- Everything about Daisuke Takahashi and his comeback in competitions.
- Hot and passionate discussions about every single competition here, on GS :ghug:

macy

Record Breaker
Looking forward? I am literally on pins and needles, hoping that Ashley Wagner will create her AW Magical Moment at some later point during the season. Of course, she'll have to find her motivation, and I wouldn't blame her if she calls it a career. But I do hope she skates competitively again this year! Maybe it would take shifting her motivation to skating for herself. Or for audience members who put a high value on charisma, passion, and performance.

Yes this!! I just want to see her skate live one more time (hoping she returns for at least nationals since I will be attending). i think there's a chance she may want to finish her career on a higher note, no matter the result, and just skate for herself. I'm really going to miss her this GP circuit :cry:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it will be fun to see what Rika Kihira brings to the GP....I’m looking forward to that :popcorn:

leoleo

Medalist
I'm looking forward to seeing whether the new rules & scoring system + juniors turning seniors change the podiums in the ladies field. It's boring to watch the same girls win every season. It's exciting to watch a real battlefield where the results aren't predictable. Will the Japanese girls finally rise to the top? Will the previous russian champions keep their positions? Will the russian girls who didn't get to shine earlier finally surprise us? There are way too many people i'm excited to see this season to chose just a few but this is what i'm looking forward to the most.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
I am looking forward to every single perfect program, not-so-perfect program and outright splat fest. I missed all but the first junior grand prix last season because catastrophic Hurricane Irma wiped out not only the electricity for 96 days but the internet until mid-July at my house on St. John in the Virgin Islands. Thankfully, I have a wonderful stateside fellow figure skating fan who sat in front of her TV and took notes on all the major competitions. What happened, what competitors wore and so on for the entire season and emailed me her reports. I had missed the season before because I was traveling so I was most anxious to catch up, especially in an Olympic year. So, if you all could cross your fingers and toes that we're spared this year so I can wallow in whatever the skate gods bring.

doublequad

On the Ice
I just got started watching post Olympics, so this will be my full first year :):clap:

Excited for:
Gracie's comeback
Jason and Zhenya's new programs w/ Brian
Rika moving into Seniors
Alina's non-backloading
Nathan's new quad layouts

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Of all the events I wish I could attend....It's Russian Nationals without a doubt. We all know that there are going to be some great skaters who won't get to go Europeans and Worlds. I feel sorry for them because they'd probably be champions in most other countries.
Not just that. It will be a battle between old and new school who gave Oly champs(Buyanova vs Eteri), battle between after Eteri, current Eteri and future Eteri, between different approaches and philosophies. That what you are saying but on metalevel! :biggrin: So what we will see there will define the figure skating look of the next quad.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Japanese ladies battle: i want to if those who didn't shine last season will make a revenge.
If judges will care to give P/C real opponents.
If Sui/Han will make a triumphant return à la 2017.
Tursynbaeva's skating and results under Eteri
Zagitova's developpement and results: I want to see if puberty will eat her jumps like most of people want.
South korean ladies' battle for the sole worlds spot.
Gracie Gold's return
Sota Yamamoto's season
Daisuke Takahashi at nationals
Yuzuru Hanyu's programs and costumes
Who will land the first 4lz in ladies
If 4A will be landed this season

FanFan3256

Rinkside
EVERYTHING! All the new programs, skating skills growth/ or improvements, the return of Gracie and Daisuke.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzuru telling us something - anything - about his new programs....

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes this!! I just want to see her skate live one more time (hoping she returns for at least nationals since I will be attending). i think there's a chance she may want to finish her career on a higher note, no matter the result, and just skate for herself. I'm really going to miss her this GP circuit :cry:

Me too. for all of the above. :)

I'm sure once the GP circuit starts, I'll look forward to Alexa and Chris, Tarah and Danny, Deanna/Nate, Papadakis/Cizeron, Madison and Evan. But I am missing Ashley's ice presence so much.

I do look forward to seeing what Evgenia and Jason will be showing us, with new coaches/new choreographers/new perspective on their own skating.

WesleyFox

Rinkside
-Everything!
-The Italians
-Yuzu!!
-Wakaba
-Evgenia and Alina. BOTH! Equally!
-Gracie
-Gold's
-Comeback
-O
-M
-G!

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
Hayawek/Baker are on the top of my list! Also looking forward to see how wack the scores/judges will be this season :biggrin:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
- Yuzu's new programs...and the possible 4A!
- Med's new programs!
- Plushy in the Junior KnC (I hope, I'm an eternal fan :laugh:) and Artem K and Anastasia Tarakanova
- Donovan!
- Any and all Aussie skaters
- T/M kicking butt and taking names, I believe in them and I hope they have a brilliant season and their programs don't cause as much outrage as last season (even if I liked them :p) and Maxim Trankov as their coach.

Oh yeah I forgot Vanessa and Morgan! Just the pairs in general I guess! :)

And Deniss V and Jason Brown in the men as well...perhaps I should just say everything! :laugh2:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Team Gadbois sweeping the podium for the entire quad unless the Shibs, P2 and W/P have anything to say about it.

But I want to be surprised, regardless of discipline, I want to see something special this quad.

What will Zhulin accomplish with Drozd and Abashkina?