What is going on on the JGP? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What is going on on the JGP?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't that pretty much always the case in such chat boxes for sports events? Most popular question of course is "when does it start" and "when does xy start". That's alright, but you will get the question 100 times at least and it's the same answer each time.
There is one thing they are good for imo, that's when your stream isn't working and you realize it's the same for all others and it's not the fault of your technical setup... that's basically it. Even the chatboxes at the chess world championships seem full of ignorant and very vulgar people.
Especially when they give you a countdown timer of when it will start.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't that pretty much always the case in such chat boxes for sports events? Most popular question of course is "when does it start" and "when does xy start". That's alright, but you will get the question 100 times at least and it's the same answer each time.
There is one thing they are good for imo, that's when your stream isn't working and you realize it's the same for all others and it's not the fault of your technical setup... that's basically it. Even the chatboxes at the chess world championships seem full of ignorant and very vulgar people.
Wait....chess tournament chatboxes have people that are horrible? Damn....

yesterday

Record Breaker
giphy.gif

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a good thing. I saw so many comments calling girls fat, roasting kids for their tech contest, telling girls to lose weight, laughing emojis at falls, etc. It was cruel madness. Glad the live comments are now disabled.
That's absolutely terrible. I typically use the Youtube app on my TV to watch JGP so I didn't see any of it, and I'm glad.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I can only hope these people have learned a lesson after this action. I also hope they're very young. Too young to know how an innocent comment about their weight can send a skater into an eating disorder that could be career ending.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It’s about time. I always turn off the chat anyway, Junior or Senior event. I‘ve never found anything remotely useful/productive there.
I watch it via the Youtube app on my TV. I didn’t know there was a chat.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching the JGP with chat disabled has been so much more enjoyable. Yes, I know I could hide it, but why should I even have to click once to see that nonsense?

Bravo Ted and Mark for calling it out!:clap: