What skates would be best for my level? | Golden Skate

What skates would be best for my level?

morcos

Spectator
Hello! I am currently wondering whether it‘s time to upgrade my skates. I am about 154cm, and something like 50kg. I am working on spins (pretty basic, attitude spins and just one foot spins in general), and waltz is the only jump I’ve tried. That’s what i do most of the time. The skates I have are jackson 200, and are almost new. However, after reading around more, I have doubts the support is enough. I also feel like spins are getting harder, and I can’t tell whether it’s me or the skates. I have tried looking into other skates, but im scared to progress more and need to buy new ones so soon. I would say my progress is rather steady, as in this January I had never took classes and had a helmet on. It would be nice if the cost is less then 250. This is my first post, sorry if it was overbearing. Any ideas?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello! I am currently wondering whether it‘s time to upgrade my skates. I am about 154cm, and something like 50kg. I am working on spins (pretty basic, attitude spins and just one foot spins in general), and waltz is the only jump I’ve tried. That’s what i do most of the time. The skates I have are jackson 200, and are almost new. However, after reading around more, I have doubts the support is enough. I also feel like spins are getting harder, and I can’t tell whether it’s me or the skates. I have tried looking into other skates, but im scared to progress more and need to buy new ones so soon. I would say my progress is rather steady, as in this January I had never took classes and had a helmet on. It would be nice if the cost is less then 250. This is my first post, sorry if it was overbearing. Any ideas?
Hi and welcome! I can tell you that the Jackson 200 are not going to be enough support with your height/weight stats. The blade also isn't the best, so that may be contributing to your issues with spins.

You need to go see a reputable figure skate tech/fitter and get properly fit. They will tell you what boots and brands work best for your feet.
If you give us an idea where you are in the world, we can suggest a proper fitter.