Who's a Couple? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Who's a Couple?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
It has to be the only sport where fans are concerned about the sex lives of the participants. I thought that only happend with movie stars.

No such luck Joe... My husband, the big jock, can tell you the relationship status of his favorite athletes from football to golf. (he was the one that broke the news to me that Brendan Shennahan was engaged - two days after popping the question!) And the same applies to his friends. They are the biggest gossip hounds I've ever seen!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Kwanford Wife said:
No such luck Joe... My husband, the big jock, can tell you the relationship status of his favorite athletes from football to golf. (he was the one that broke the news to me that Brendan Shennahan was engaged - two days after popping the question!) And the same applies to his friends. They are the biggest gossip hounds I've ever seen!

That's true. Hockey players relationships are often discussed not just by fans but by the media as well. How about the ESPN cover of Jagr and his then girlfriend, Miss Slovakia???

Shanny is a different story. While he played for the Blues, he hooked up with his fellow player's wife (Craig Janney?). Obviously that created a pretty bad atmosphere in the dressing room. Since Shanny was the star, poor Janney got traded. STL was engrossed in this saga for years. People still talk about it.

Since Shanny (trairor!!!) playes for the Wings now, was it a recent engagement? Does it meen he is no longer with ex-Mrs. Janney, who I believe was married to Shanny. Thanks.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
That's true. Hockey players relationships are often discussed not just by fans but by the media as well. How about the ESPN cover of Jagr and his then girlfriend, Miss Slovakia???

Shanny is a different story. While he played for the Blues, he hooked up with his fellow player's wife (Craig Janney?). Obviously that created a pretty bad atmosphere in the dressing room. Since Shanny was the star, poor Janney got traded. STL was engrossed in this saga for years. People still talk about it.

Since Shanny (trairor!!!) playes for the Wings now, was it a recent engagement? Does it meen he is no longer with ex-Mrs. Janney, who I believe was married to Shanny. Thanks.

No, we've been married for over 8 years... umm, I was a child bride ~ don't want to age myself too much!

I didn't know about Shanny's scandel!!! Hmmm, maybe my hubby meant he was marrying Janney's wife... very dirty our Mr. Shanny! They were married on July 4, 1998. He's still married to the same chick, but I didn't know the story ...And don't call Shanny a traitor... He's on my list of things I miss about living in Detroit! Right up there with missing the Jenna Jamison Superbowl party at Envy...

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I was just joking of course. But it is hard to watch your former hero on ice skate for an arch enemy. And win a Stanley Cup with them no less!

If they got married in 1998, then it must be her. I think he got taded in 1996 or 1997 from STL. So 1998 wedding date kind of makes sence. He is very dirty, indeed :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
I was just joking of course. But it is hard to watch your former hero on ice skate for an arch enemy. And win a Stanley Cup with them no less!

If they got married in 1998, then it must be her. I think he got taded in 1996 or 1997 from STL. So 1998 wedding date kind of makes sence. He is very dirty, indeed :)

Make that three Stanly Cups!!! Go Wings!

That's the beauty of figure skating... it doesn't matter where Kwan lives, I can remain true blue!:laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
As I said, traitor!!!

I am forever Blue - thank G-d for NHL Center Ice and the Digital Cable:rock:

I know, right? Since moving to "We don't believe in sports!" Richmond, VA, we spend a TON on the sports packages through direct tv... packages that we used to laugh at in Detroit. Its so very very sad... At least we have hockey this year, so I guess I shouldn't whine about it too much!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
So glad the hockey is back, even though my team is in a place I have never expected them to be. We are lucky though - we have an AHL team here and 3 NY area teams plus Boston nearby. VA must be tough. But Caps and the Ovechkin are nearby, aren't they?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
STL_Blues_fan said:
So glad the hockey is back, even though my team is in a place I have never expected them to be. We are lucky though - we have an AHL team here and 3 NY area teams plus Boston nearby. VA must be tough. But Caps and the Ovechkin are nearby, aren't they?

Yes, they are but after living in Hockeytown with the Pistons ~ its hard to live somewhere that has an actual protest agains building a new stadium... Umm, have ya seen Ford Field & Comerica Park?!? Great stadiums for two terrible teams... :disapp:

In Detroit, they even take skating seriously.... One should never have to choose between career goals & sports....

bloozywoozy

Rinkside
I love Matt and I love Alyssa and I think they would make an adorable couple ( but she is so young for him:p and if he is so busy in school and skating, would he have time to date???

kimi

Spectator
The Canadian kids, Dube and Davison are a couple...Davison was quoted in an article saying that he and Dube had been dating for about 5 months or so

FauveNik

Rinkside
What is with the wedding ring that the American Baldwin wears,, is he married and planning on getting a divorse to marry his parther?? Kind of what Peltier had to do in a rush to marry Jamie! ;)
As for Tim Goeble being gay,, myself, as a Hetero- female who has Exellent gay radar and often been called a f**-hag, the minute Tim stepped on to the ice for the 1st time my radar went off!!
Lambiel is not gay. European men, esp Franco men can, come across as more feminine but are in fact, not gay(many are) but in his case he is not. Remember everyone thought Gwendal was gay for a looong time!
Come to think of it,, everyone thought Todd Eldridge and Paul Wylie were gay too! There married now! (though marriage does not always prove not gay,, only time will tell that) :agree:
One we know for sure is NOT gay is Michael Weiss! Lord he has been telling the world he is not gay since his 1st comp! :rolleye:
I think that it tends to be most of the gay male skaters come from north America and the non gay skaters are Euro-Russian. North Americans view skating as a " female" sport,, European and Russians do not, so there is not a "gay" stygmata here.
This is a funny topic, really, who cares!!??!! Obviously, we all do!
C' est la vie
Fauve :biggrin:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
FauveNik said:
Kind of what Peltier had to do in a rush to marry Jamie! ;)
Considering that he was divorced before SLC, and he married Sale over the holidays in 2005, he was obviously in a huge rush.

candycane

Rinkside
kimi said:
The Canadian kids, Dube and Davison are a couple...Davison was quoted in an article saying that he and Dube had been dating for about 5 months or so

I thought so, they looked quite closer lately. 2006 Junior Ice Dance Champions of Canada Hann-McCurdy and Coreno are a couple as well.

ilovepaydays

Rinkside
As for Tim Goeble being gay,, myself, as a Hetero- female who has Exellent gay radar and often been called a f**-hag, the minute Tim stepped on to the ice for the 1st time my radar went off!!

I could care less about whether a skater is gay although I have to wonder if he is gay why his posture was so bad and he wasn't very artistic.

The only skater who has with NO DOUBT set my gaydar off is Johnny Weir. I don't understand why if he is so comfortable with himself as he seems why he doesn't just go and come out. It's not like the judges, the ISU, and the USFSA doesn't have a gaydar, either.

dmr65

On the Ice
Ok, I don'at usually join in these too much... But... I think Sasha C and Maxim M would be a cute couple.. :biggrin:

FauveNik

Rinkside
ilovepaydays said:
I could care less about whether a skater is gay although I have to wonder if he is gay why his posture was so bad and he wasn't very artistic. >>

So very much agree with the horrid posture!!! I think that was more a health thing. That is not what set it off for me though there was a whole list of other tell tale signs. Dont get me wrong, I could care less if a skater is gay too! My fav of all time is Brian Biotano.. I KNOW he is not offically out but Pleaasse!!!!

The only skater who has with NO DOUBT set my gaydar off is Johnny Weir. I don't understand why if he is so comfortable with himself as he seems why he doesn't just go and come out. It's not like the judges, the ISU, and the USFSA doesn't have a gaydar, either.
>>

He hasnt come out??? Lord with quote like " Im a Princess" I would think that about sums it up! He is truly beautiful boy though,, he would be a beautiful girl too! I think the need for him to actully say the words is mute really, after all we all know and he does Nothing to hide it. C' est la vie!:)
Fauve