World Team Trophy: Teams and Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy: Teams and Entries

skatingbc

Final Flight
Again, I am excited for the Dance competition! Most of the top teams will be here and it will be interesting to see if there is any variation in the results. I'm assuming B/A will go for the US, but I would much rather see D/W again!

pokky_oc

On the Ice
ok, i'm excited to see this as mao can show the world what she really can do after the disaster in the worlds!

49d22b487cab1.jpg

Ok but its weired the way its team though, trophy really looks amazing!

Ladies: Japan They have Mao and Miki a really strong team!

Mens: USA or Canada or France or Japan its really hard as USA has one amazing skater Evan Lysacek and Canada Patrick Chan, France Joubert and Japan Kozuka and Oda...

Pairs: Chinese! It's too ovious!

Ice Dance: Russia?? France??

What I don't get is why team?? Yu-Na Kim can't go because South Korea has no other great skaters. Japan is Singles Skatings, France mens and ice dancing, canada singles, usa will probably win as they have all ok skaters!

Yu-Na Kim can't go because South Korea has no other great skaters...

But Yu-na Kim can skate in the exhibition and pick up a good paycheck for her efforts.

I think the way the rules go, the extra skaters invited to the exhibition are the top finishers in each of the disciplines whose country did not make the team event. So that would be Kim, Tomas Verner, Savchenko & Szolkowy and, I think, Kerr & Kerr! :clap:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
South Korea cannot attend the World Team Competition because they don't have a team.

They have one superstar.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
I really hope that US is going to win. They produced so many good skaters in different disciplines. They have the best coaches for everything. My favorite word of nowadays, VERSATILE!!! That is how US figure skating team is. They deserve to win!!!!

Also, I definitely hope Yu-na is going to do the exhibition there,too.

As I read the rules, I think they must invite Kim for the exhibition, since she is the number one ranked lady who is not on any of the six teams.

I suppose she can decline, but she will get $10,000 just for doing an exhibition number. (OK, that's chicken feed to Kim, but still... :) )

alclswhrqkfl

Rinkside
Festa on Ice 2009 is going to be held in April (24/25/26)

skaters : Kim Yu-Na, Patrick Chan, Rachael Flatt, Virtue&Moir , Johnny Weir, Stephane Lambiel, Jeremy Abott ,Arakawa Shizuka , Zhang/Zhang , Adam Rippon

-producer : Brian Orser ,choreograph : David Wilson
-Kintex multiplex in Goyang city from April 24 to 26.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yu-na(other skaters??) is not going to join WTT2009

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Ladies: Japan They have Mao and Miki a really strong team!

Mens: USA or Canada or France or Japan its really hard as USA has one amazing skater Evan Lysacek and Canada Patrick Chan, France Joubert and Japan Kozuka and Oda...

Pairs: Chinese! It's too ovious!

Ice Dance: Russia?? France??
Ice Dance - Much as I adore Pechalat/Bourzat, I'd put my money on the North American teams, either the US or Canada.

Pairs: could be the Russians.

Men: it's anyone's game.

Ladies: I think the Japanese ladies are a really strong 1-2. Canada only has a strong 1.

I don't see how the Festa thing will keep Yu-Na from going, WTT is in Japan from the 16th until the 21st.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Joubert is on fire. He hits two quads and a triple Axel in combination. Then he starts to think. If Joubert wins, it goes

I suspect that Joubert will want to send a message, and will care more about whose the top man than overall score.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
What's the US ladies team? Rachael and Caroline? And pairs?

The U.S. ladies team will be whomever the USFSA believes their strongest 2 skaters are.

Can't wait to see this.

( On another message board, there's a smiley eating a bag of popcorn. )

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Russian team:

Pairs: Kawaguchi/Smirnov
Ice dance: Khokhlova/Novitski
Ladies: Leonova, Gerboldt
Men: Voronov, Lutai

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Oh Bob, are you being sarcastic?

Actually no. The USFSA stands to win a little money, and they can pick any team they want. That means we will see whom they REALLY think their best ladies are.

And if this ladies' team is different from the one they sent to Worlds ....

........ well ..... let's just wait and see.

Trewyn

Medalist
But the Men's team is already decided, right? Since Jeremy and Evan both stated they are going.
I'd be surprised if Rachael's not on the team. Can she do as well there as she did at Worlds?
And personal question..will there be internet streams of the event...

Actually no. The USFSA stands to win a little money, and they can pick any team they want. That means we will see whom they REALLY think their best ladies are.

And if this ladies' team is different from the one they sent to Worlds ....

........ well ..... let's just wait and see.

The USFSA could sort of get out of their dilemma by going strictly with the ISU rankings instead of placement at U.S. nationals. The ISU announcement of this team competition encourages this.

That would be Caroline Zhang and Rachael Flatt. So they could send those two without making a big deal about, Alissa let us down at Worlds, now we are going to punish her.

On the men's side, it looks like they are sending Lysacek and Abbott. If they went by the ISU World ranking it would be Lysacek and Weir, and if they went by placement at U.S. Nationals it would be Abbott and Mroz.

The fact that they haven't announced the ladies team yet makes me wonder if they offered it to Alissa after all, and she hasn't decided yet if she wants to go. Or maybe the USAFSA is trying to talk Alissa into "voluntarily" passing on the assignment.

Actually, I think this would be a good event for Alissa. Not so much pressure, and maybe she could take a step on the road back to greater self-confidence if she delivered a good skate there.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
This was posted over at FS Universe.

"Teams have been announced."

"Team USA: Lysacek, Abbott, Flatt, Zhang, Denney/Barrett, Belbin/Agosto"

I don't have a link as of yet.