Yagudin vs. Plushenko | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Yagudin vs. Plushenko

Panther2000

On the Ice
:clap: This topic again. How I miss the good old days when you had such 2 strong front runners. & there was an acuataly competition for gold. unlike the last olympics.

This worlds should be interesting though. it is up for grabs.

But, to jump right in with my vote. The Best male skater of the night & pretty much that entire season except for the goodwill games( which set alexi strait) won the gold medal.

Both his programs were better( Winter is such a classic beatiful program) & if skated Clean ( which he did) he would have won anyways. Better programs & Passion.

To continue to beat the dead horse about that SP of Plush's. he missed an entire elmement his combo. Missing, not done & he doesn't get marked down for missing an element. Not to mention he should have had points taken away for that Costume alone. Silver( not a good omen ) space jacket:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WT?

& I never truly believed that he was all that injured. this came only after the olympics was over. Mishin for year leading up to the games too every moment to bash alexi( I miss the good old days) & when Plush won the worlds in 2001. Mishin just wouldn't let up. Not until after the short program in SLC. Then Mishin said that it was over. & though he never should have said it to the press. Mishin knew that alexi wasn't going to blow the long program. But the excuses started pretty much after the press conf( which was a hoot:rock: with the medal winners). Mishin taking some credit for alexi's win. & alexi pretty telling him to ( put that where? back there:laugh: )

I just never believed the excuse of the injury. Alexi won the GOLD & was unstoppable & was riding a big wave to the Worlds. & Rather than putting an !!!!! point on the season. They withdrew pretty quickly from worlds after the games. I ljust think that this injury came later than they said. it is just to bad that Alexi who was injured with that hip the entire season actaully won. But, pushed himself so much that it acutally made him retire for the sport. & that is truly too bad. because nothing would have been better than Alexi & Plush part II.

As for the skate of that night. Though the right man won. I thought that Alexi was holding back somewhat. He did deserve his 6.0's ( though some here had heart attacks. But those same people refused to understand how Plush could fall & miss an entire element & get 5.9. they could never expalin that one) he skated his LP much better at worlds. He was totally free & unhinged there.

it was truly a sad day when he had to pull out of the LP at Skate America while leading the following season. That was truly the end for him.

But, All in all. I think that eveything turned out right Alexi was the best. Plush was second & Tim 3rd.:rock:

Kelly22

Rinkside
:clap: This topic again. How I miss the good old days when you had such 2 strong front runners. & there was an acuataly competition for gold....
Alexi won the GOLD & was unstoppable & was riding a big wave to the Worlds. & Rather than putting an !!!!! point on the season. They withdrew pretty quickly from worlds after the games. I ljust think that this injury came later than they said. it is just to bad that Alexi who was injured with that hip the entire season actaully won. But, pushed himself so much that it acutally made him retire for the sport. & that is truly too bad. because nothing would have been better than Alexi & Plush part II.

As for the skate of that night. Though the right man won. I thought that Alexi was holding back somewhat. He did deserve his 6.0's ( though some here had heart attacks. But those same people refused to understand how Plush could fall & miss an entire element & get 5.9. they could never expalin that one) he skated his LP much better at worlds. He was totally free & unhinged there.
QUOTE]

Yep, I agree with all of this. I love this topic...the topic that won't die.

Panther2000

On the Ice
Joe, I think Panter was talking about the SLC Olympics.

Dee
No sorrry but, I was talking about another event. Tim was at SLC. But, Skate America at the start of the 2002-2003 season. There is where his hip gave out for good. He was leading going into the long vs Brian Joubert(sp). & Before the LP he had to withdraw. & Joubert ( sp) won the event. The only time he would ever beat alexi.

Sorry if I confused anyone. SLC was Alexi, Plush & Timmy.