2015 US Nationals Senior Ladies Short Program Jan 22 | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Ladies Short Program Jan 22

macy

Record Breaker
also what are everyone's opinions on karen's 64? i think that was a tad generous...i would have given it about a 60

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Unlikely.

Also, Courtney should be in 2nd place.

Actually Michael Weiss is really good. Considering his reputation as a power skater in his day, eh does a good job explaining why the second mark is important.

coucou84

On the Ice
Thanks to everyone for the great fun we had and especially for those who provided us with the PBP!

nocturnalis

Medalist
Agreed! For me what's most important here is that Mirai regains her strength and medals!

For some reason I have a feeling that Polina will get overscored again and possibly even finish ahead of a clean Mirai...

That would be because the Mirai definition of clean is different from the actual definition of clean.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I would have scored them
1. Courtney 37 30 67
2. Ashley 34 32 66
3. Gracie 32 33 65
4. Mirai 34 31 65
5. Karen 36 27 63
6. Amber 36 26 62
7. Polina 34 27 61

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
also what are everyone's opinions on karen's 64? i think that was a tad generous...i would have given it about a 60

Karen's scored 60+ internationally for a 3L-2T, 3Z, 2A....

bixby

Final Flight
Are you kidding me? Joannie is a) way more sophisticated than Gracie and b) it was during the 2010 Olympics, so inflation was through the roof, so anywhere else Joannie would have gotten sub-70 for a program with no 3-3.

Joannie as I remember is always robotic IMO. "Sympathy" Olympic bronze was stolen from Mirai, plus it was in her turf inflation. End of discussion. Her technical content in her program were always sub par. She wasn't as strong in that department. Always falling and litter the ice. Check videos...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Protocols are up:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_fs_champs/results.html

Turns out Wagner was deducted for her two-foot and for a slight edge (but not "e") on her lutz. Her PCS was pretty close to Gold (with some crazy marks like 6.75). She outscored Gold through mainly PE and IN marks, which is understandable. Her 2nd half jumps and better GOE than Gold kept her wide ahead on TES.

Gold was mainly hurt by her sloppy landing on the 2T -- essentially she got the same points as a clean solo 3Z.

Edmunds got credit for her elements, although the flip got -GOE for the edge.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what's happening? Mirai not in 2nd? But of course she still has the LP where she'll get it I'm sure.

Like 98.786% of certainly that you were with Yuna winning Sochi? :laugh2:

Anyway, it is not a bad spot to be. It may light a fire rather than let pressure get to her. Happy debut for Karen skating with the big girls. Want to see her vids the most oddly.

Last edited:

liberrhythm

On the Ice
hmm even though this is improbable, wouldn't it be interesting to have both karen chen and nathan chen place in the top three in their respective categories? just something that came to mind XD