2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Pairs Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Pairs Short Program

slider11

Medalist
Love the "East of Eden" with Ellie and Danny! I know it's an old war horse but they did it proud! Too bad for the fall on the throw - she had it but her blade just flipped. I actually think Emily and Spencer are the pair to beat with the best overall skills. But that Elvis piece lacked any appeal imo. You can see Spencer is just getting his lifting skills back - makes me a little nervous. Katie and Danill are certainly the dark hrse team! Very solid showing! Very happy for Valentina and Max for a decent showing. This will be a fun Long!

Janice4th

On the Ice
Just jumping in to say yay for Timmy and Ellie. That twist in warm ups was scary when she hit his shoulder. Glad she shook it off. Don’t agree with the standings. 3rd place should be in first.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
OMG, I'm sorry to hear that about Emily and Spencer. I was concerned when the lift went up in the sp. At least, they had a good sp performance in a number of aspects, which demonstrated their talent. I hope Spencer is able to fully rehab over the off-season and be able to come back strong in the fall. 🤞

What happened to Megan Wessenberg and Eduardo Caputo? They were lovely in the practices. I was looking forward to seeing their debut at Nationals. 😥 Did they have to withdraw due illness?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
What happened to Megan Wessenberg and Eduardo Caputo? They were lovely in the practices. I was looking forward to seeing their debut at Nationals. 😥 Did they have to withdraw due illness?
Something happened to one of his arms. He was holding it awkwardly during the practice that Jackie and Polina Edmunds covered.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
That is my understanding. Their score seemed a little inflated, so my guess is if he has recovered enough, they will in the petition.
I would like to know when Spencer had the surgery, and when doctors said he could get back on the ice to train, and realistically when it was felt he would be fully recovered enough to compete. They had to know the GPs were out of reach, though I can understand waiting till the last minute to pull out.

At this point, if Spencer is not healed now, will he be by Worlds? Certainly, the U.S. pairs discipline could use C/H's proven talent and competitive track record at Worlds.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I would like to know when Spencer had the surgery, and when doctors said he could get back on the ice to train, and realistically when it was felt he would be fully recovered enough to compete. They had to know the GPs were out of reach, though I can understand waiting till the last minute to pull out.

At this point, if Spencer is not healed now, will he be by Worlds? Certainly, the U.S. pairs discipline could use C/H's proven talent and competitive track record at Worlds.
In the USFS article—I’m sure the full citation is somewhere on here—they said the surgery occurred in May, and that recovery took longer than anticipated.

National title is up for grabs now, which sure is exciting. I don’t think there’s a real favorite, Makes for a great final, to see who will rise to the challenge.