Adelina Sotnikova | Page 48 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Yes, that's certain. Her biggest desire is to qualify for Worlds and Europeans. For that she has to be 100% ready for Nationals. and GPF takes place just before them.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Adelina confirmed her participation in COR! She said they didn't want to risk their preparation plan by possible going to GPF is she had 2 GP events. That's her explanation. She says she realised this year that going to parties and so on doesn't replace competitions for her. She wants to compete again - that's the most important thing.

*color coding calendars GOLD* Radionova vs Sotnikova :popcorn:

Mony

On the Ice
Yes, Adelina confirmed her participation in COR! She said they didn't want to risk their preparation plan by possible going to GPF is she had 2 GP events. That's her explanation. She says she realised this year that going to parties and so on doesn't replace competitions for her. She wants to compete again - that's the most important thing.

Great. That's the biggest pressure tournament for her even than the other GP's because it will be before her countrymen, which will demand her doing well as Olympic Champion. The press, the audience etc. It should be interesting.

Imagine

Medalist
Adelina discusses Mao, in English!

Hehe, very good try! Informally ranking the state of the Russian Ladies' English skills, it would probably be: Elena, Liza, then Adelina. Though they could all do with much improvement, it is rather adorable when they try.

moriel

Record Breaker
Adelina discusses Mao, in English!

Hehe, very good try! Informally ranking the state of the Russian Ladies' English skills, it would probably be: Elena, Liza, then Adelina. Though they could all do with much improvement, it is rather adorable when they try.

Its actually pretty great, only the fact they speak any english =)
After all, how many 16-18 ladies that didn't move countries and have foreign parents manage to communicate reasonably well in a foreign language?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I can't speak another language no matter how hard I try. It took me a month to say hello in Thai and I was IN Thailand :rofl: I'm always impressed when people try to speak English. Besides Sotskova got them all beat :laugh:

dna5019

Final Flight
Well I can't speak another language no matter how hard I try. It took me a month to say hello in Thai and I was IN Thailand :rofl: I'm always impressed when people try to speak English. Besides Sotskova got them all beat :laugh:
Sounds like me with French. I can read and write it very well, but when it comes to speaking...:slink:

wanpe

On the Ice
Thanks for the links DobrinFan. Sot looks great!
I wonder what happened with the Saturday's show though.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the links DobrinFan. Sot looks great!
I wonder what happened with the Saturday's show though.

Per her fan page/instagram:

#AdelinaSotnikova_instagram
Happy Birthday Moscow! Ps I apologize for the absence of the Luzhniki festival ... Unfortunately such circumstances, it was not able to speak today ...; (but do not worry, everything is fine!) #sotka #adelinasotnikova #happybirthdaymoscow🎉🎊🔥💝💫😞👼🏻🙏🏻

Supposedly there is another show in Samara tomorrow as well. Then I guess it's off to Sochi for test skates!!

Last edited:

wanpe

On the Ice
Wow that was a quick reply thank you again DobrinFan :)
Awww now I can't wait to see her comeback :cheer: