Adelina Sotnikova | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
https://youtu.be/LjVmhCSaeAs?t=68

I just wanted to say Adelina Sotnikova is probably sexiest skater on the planet atm. :love:
Thank you and good luck. :biggrin:

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way :biggrin: (although there are so many hot/beautiful skaters out there...!)

Thank you DobrinFan for the SP video, she looks so much better than in the shows previously :love: Hopefully her back problems will be resolved until JO, but it's really proof she's serious about her comeback that she wanted to skate anyway. Very excited for the FS now :love:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Her speed across the ice looks amazing, especially at this point in the season. Hopefully she will be fully recovered for the Japan Open and will be able to compete at least once internationally before Nationals. IMO the best programs of all the Russians this season - when clean, the impact of this LP will shoot her PCS through the roof. I hope we get to see her LP totally clean this season!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
kinda annoyed that they removed her crazy awesome spiral from last year! that was one of the main highlights for me :frown:

anyway...umm maybe an unpopular opinion but I prefer the last year's version of JSM choreography-wise. This season's version felt kinda empty.....:shrug::slink:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
kinda annoyed that they removed her crazy awesome spiral from last year! that was one of the main highlights for me :frown:

anyway...umm maybe an unpopular opinion but I prefer the last year's version of JSM choreography-wise. This season's version felt kinda empty.....:shrug::slink:

She totally left a lot of stuff out it seems. 2 spins that ended too soon (and not the original spins to begin with) and then she kind of made up stuff to fill in the time. Maybe we will just have to wait for a competition showing to really judge. Even last year, that footwork section was weak.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
She totally left a lot of stuff out it seems. 2 spins that ended too soon (and not the original spins to begin with) and then she kind of made up stuff to fill in the time. Maybe we will just have to wait for a competition showing to really judge. Even last year, that footwork section was weak.

You do have a point. I guess I kinda forgot that she has the back issues at the moment.
Sigh, back to waiting....

edit: Thanks dobrinfan for cataloging all of the videos from the test skates :cheer:

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Maybe she cut the spiral for this outing too because of her back pains - I really missed that spiral too.
I'm VERY happy overall though, both programs considered. Probably the best program combination she ever had for me! :cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Her SP is a kill for me, so good, and she's so into it. Her LP is good to. Now I hope she will heal well and land all of her jumps in competitions.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
edit: Thanks dobrinfan for cataloging all of the videos from the test skates :cheer:

You're welcome :)

Maybe we don't have to wait so long. Russian Cup Samara is next Sunday and Monday and it was on her competition list. However if her back is not better, best she skip it. Also Japan Open is on 10/3 so a little less than 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Mony

On the Ice
Yay, I am happy to see her skating. DWTS really helped her be more expressive, it really shows in the SP. LP is alright so far; however I know she has back issues, so things were left out. I hope that she heals from that soon, because with polish, her programs can really shine this season.

I need to go check out the other ladies programs, but had to check Adelina's first.

Basil

On the Ice
Was great to see her again! Both programs have great potential, she is very pretty, graceful and feminine. Hope the jumps will turn out okay.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Her death scene is the greatest thing ever.

All has been said.

Also, somebody suggested she was trying to knock out a few judges and I, for one, think that would be terribly exciting! :drama:

NOTE: that would be awful for the judges, so I don't wish that on them. But it would be entertaining to watch...especially if it was a notoriously disliked judge :rofl:

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Her death scene is the greatest thing ever.

All has been said.

Also, somebody suggested she was trying to knock out a few judges and I, for one, think that would be terribly exciting! :drama:

NOTE: that would be awful for the judges, so I don't wish that on them. But it would be entertaining to watch...especially if it was a notoriously disliked judge :rofl:

See, this is why we need robotic judges! It would be so much easier to want to see judges get knocked out then.

Layback11

Record Breaker
See, this is why we need robotic judges! It would be so much easier to want to see judges get knocked out then.

I never thought of that :eek:

We'd have to make them with personalities and biases like people so we would have grounds to dislike them. And then it would be triple the fun!

Of course, we'd need a few completely objective ones as well, but skating is no fun without a little drama from time to time. :laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sotnikova skater will perform at the Cup of Russia in Samara out of competition
http://tass.ru/sport/2268052

September 16, 20:04 UTC + 3 The competition winner will also attend the last World Championships in Shanghai Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and dance duo Yekaterina Bobrova, Dmitry Solovyov
MOSCOW, September 16. / Correspondent. Veronica Sovetova TASS /. Sochi Olympic champion in the women's figure skating Adelina Sotnikova speak out of competition at the first stage of the Cup of Russia in Samara, which will be held from 17 to 21 September. This Tass President Figure Skating Federation of Russia Alexander Gorshkov.

The competition winner will also attend the last World Championships in Shanghai Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and dance duo Yekaterina Bobrova, Dmitry Solovyov, who missed last season because of injury partner.

"Many athletes try before the start of the new season to try their hand at such competitions as the Cup of Russia, obkatyvaya new programs, gaining confidence before the major international competitions, - said the Gorshkov. - Cup of Russia in Samara will be the first competition for Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva, Bobrova and Soloviev. No less important is this tournament for Adelina Sotnikova, who missed a year. In Samara, she will speak out of the competition. "

According to coach athletes Elena Buyanova, Sotnikova will speak only with an arbitrary program.

"Adeline decided not to miss the start of Samara, as she is already in October will have an international tournament in Japan - said Buyanova. - Because of back problems, we asked management Figure Skating Federation of Russia to allow the athlete to perform outside of the competition, and only with the free program, which Adeline will show in Japan. great start to this tournament, Sotnikova will not. "

Figure skater started training in June of this year. As reported previously TASS athlete herself, leg injury, due to which she had to miss most of the season-2014/15, it did not bother. Because of her skater in early November last year, withdrew from the Moscow Grand Prix, then missed the Japanese Grand Prix (28-30 November). As a result, she has decided to skip the rest of the season, so as not to aggravate the injury.

During the pilot rental program, which took place a few days ago in Sochi, Sotnikova felt severe pain in his back. Athlete noted that after rolling will seriously treat injuries. Figure skater also said that it would not suspend the training because they do not want to break out of rhythm.

FYI: Women's LP (Samara) is on Monday, Sept 21st. I will post a video as soon as it's posted.