USFS list of all qualifiers for 2016 Nats | Golden Skate

USFS list of all qualifiers for 2016 Nats

ice coverage

Record Breaker
USFS list of all qualifiers for 2016 Nationals:

The list includes Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice, Junior, and Senior qualifiers in all disciplines -- those who qualified via Sectionals + those with byes.

The link is from the home page of USFS.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, thank you! It's so nice to have them all in one place and not be flipping back and forth between various competition results to find them.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to see both Starr Andrews (Novice Ladies) and Carly Gold (Senior Ladies) on this list as well as Chase Belmontes (Junior Men).

I know that Josh Farris is on the list b/c he has a bye, but I really hope we can get to see him skate this season, if he's recovered and in good shape. Same for Jason Brown, assuming that he'll be over his back strain by January.

musicfan80

Medalist
Glad to see both Starr Andrews (Novice Ladies) and Carly Gold (Senior Ladies) on this list as well as Chase Belmontes (Junior Men).

I know that Josh Farris is on the list b/c he has a bye, but I really hope we can get to see him skate this season, if he's recovered and in good shape. Same for Jason Brown, assuming that he'll be over his back strain by January.

Jason Brown will probably be fine by Nationals - question is whether save the quad for 4CCs/Worlds in order to nurse his back now.

I wished that USFS had what other sports federations had and published a "Status of Entries" page. I follow swimming and track & field as well and USATF and USA Swimming had a status of entries page on their Nationals site and we could see at each event who had entered, qualified, accepted (there's usually a "B" standard that athletes can get in with if there are spots open), and scratched (if they withdrew).

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me why Gretchen Donlan and Nate Bartholomay didn't get a bye to Nationals? :confused: Is is because they only came in 7th at 2015 U.S. Nationals?

I'm also trying to figure out how the factoring works, in the PCS. Can anyone point me to a thread that explains it?

:thank: in advance. :)

princessalica

Final Flight
This may be a dumb question, but why does Graci still skate under wagon wheel whereas Carly Skates under all year? Do you stick with the same club you were with when you first made it big?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This may be a dumb question, but why does Graci still skate under wagon wheel whereas Carly Skates under all year? Do you stick with the same club you were with when you first made it big?

It may have to do with personal preference or sponsorship, financial support. Gracie may get it from Wagon Wheel, whereas Carly chose to switch when they moved to California. Some pairs and dance teams represent different clubs also.

In the future, if you put such questions in the "Stupid Questions" threat under Figure Skating: The Edge, you'd probably get a quicker answer. :)

ETA: I'd better follow my own advice. LOL.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It may have to do with personal preference or sponsorship, financial support. Gracie may get it from Wagon Wheel, whereas Carly chose to switch when they moved to California. Some pairs and dance teams represent different clubs also.

In the future, if you put such questions in the "Stupid Questions" threat under Figure Skating: The Edge, you'd probably get a quicker answer. :)

ETA: I'd better follow my own advice. LOL.

The problem with the Stupid Questions thread is that very informative answers quickly get buried there.

I am 99.999% sure that your question about factoring and the other question about club affiliations each have been asked and answered there at least once ... maybe more than once.

I wish that "stupid questions" that are on topic (at least somewhat on topic) would get asked and answered in topical threads -- and not in the Stupid Questions thread. YMMV.

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You are correct about Gretchen and Nate - only the top 6 finishers receive a bye to Nationals. Of course, they will still be at Nationals because generally there aren't that many pairs competing and all qualify.

Can anyone tell me why Gretchen Donlan and Nate Bartholomay didn't get a bye to Nationals? :confused: Is is because they only came in 7th at 2015 U.S. Nationals?

I'm also trying to figure out how the factoring works, in the PCS. Can anyone point me to a thread that explains it?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You are correct about Gretchen and Nate - only the top 6 finishers receive a bye to Nationals. Of course, they will still be at Nationals because generally there aren't that many pairs competing and all qualify.

Thank you for your answer, MFarone. :) I'd assumed they'd be at Nationals and am REALLY looking forward to seeing them skate again. Then I saw from the lists upthread that they competed at their Regionals to qualify, which I'm sure they did quite easily, but still ... I'm glad to know the way it works.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The problem with the Stupid Questions thread is that very informative answers quickly get buried there.

I am 99.999% sure that your question about factoring and the other question about club affiliations each have been asked and answered there at least once ... maybe more than once.

I wish that "stupid questions" that are on topic (at least somewhat on topic) would get asked and answered in topical threads -- and not in the Stupid Questions thread. YMMV.

Okay, I'll try to find it in a topical thread.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I'm also trying to figure out how the factoring works, in the PCS. Can anyone point me to a thread that explains it?

Okay, I'll try to find it in a topical thread.

The point of my post was to encourage princessalica to feel free to ask "stupid questions" in topical threads.
Although the Stupid Questions remains an alternative.

The point was not to force you to find your answer about PCS factoring in a topical thread.

Mathman's Oct 2015 post in the Stupid Questions thread seems relevant to your question:

See also gkelly's Mar 2013 post from a topical thread.

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Layback11

Record Breaker
Golden411icecoverage you are correct it is top 5....don't know why I thought it was top 6. :confused:

Do you know if the sixth-place finisher gets a bye if one of the top five retires before nationals? (I was wondering about this because Mariah Bell got a bye, despite finishing 6th at Nationals last season. Since Samantha Cesario, who was 5th, retired, she could've been bumped up to 5th, or it could be because of her GP assignment, but...I really don't know. :shrug:)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sylvia from Unseenskaters said on another board that she had unconfirmed info that any skater doing 3 GP/Challenger competitions would have a bye to U. S. Nationals. Sylvia really knows her stuff, so she is probably correct. I'm sure that Mariah did not receive the bye because Samantha Cesario retired.

Do you know if the sixth-place finisher gets a bye if one of the top five retires before nationals? (I was wondering about this because Mariah Bell got a bye, despite finishing 6th at Nationals last season. Since Samantha Cesario, who was 5th, retired, she could've been bumped up to 5th, or it could be because of her GP assignment, but...I really don't know. :shrug:)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Sylvia from Unseenskaters said on another board that she had unconfirmed info that any skater doing 3 GP/Challenger competitions would have a bye to U. S. Nationals. Sylvia really knows her stuff, so she is probably correct. I'm sure that Mariah did not receive the bye because Samantha Cesario retired.

Okay, thanks! Good to know.

Violetti

On the Ice
Interesting to see in senior ladies

Alexie Mieskoski and Elena Pulkinen

These surnames are Finnish. Maybe they have Finnish background. Pulkinen would be spelled Pulkkinen in Finland but I am sure it originates from Finnish language. Of course, many Finns moved to USA in 1800 century and since then.