2016 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't mind vocals. I guess I am used to it from vocals use in dance. I do find the use of voice overs like in Radionova's Titantic program very distracting. The key to vocals is in finding the right song and artist, which really is just the same as in choosing orchestrations. It is a fine line between finding the perfect version and an awful one.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Is Lubov a typical female name? Every time I saw this name, it reminds of the German Wing pilot...whose last name is Lobitz

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
mervin is a darling good looking and young looking asian guy... he will look younger than most people in 20 years :) still :) nothing Marissa can do about that ;)
I think my problem is Marissa looks older than Mervin, though they are of the same age.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I don't see any other pairs that can challenge them for that 3rd spot. Greinier/Deschamps and MT/M both have really bad lifts. I was scared watching G/D today.

Agreed. And also, I'm not sure I'll be able to watch MTM 2.0 again without being terrified because he is such a weak partner

The only thing standing in I&M's way of making it to Pyeongchang is her citizenship, which shouldn't be a problem.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Luba needs to REALLY work on her jumps

maybe get her to work on only her jumps for the whole summer?

julie17

Rinkside
mervin is a darling good looking and young looking asian guy... he will look younger than most people in 20 years :) still :) nothing Marissa can do about that ;)

I think they will be fine, if they stay together for a few more years.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i think it will be fine... Canada is a very welcoming land :) but more seriously, she has been with Dylan for a couple years already... so there's plenty of time to get this fixed...
Agreed. And also, I'm not sure I'll be able to watch MTM 2.0 again without being terrified because he is such a weak partner

The only thing standing in I&M's way of making it to Pyeongchang is her citizenship, which shouldn't be a problem.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Female Russian name ends with v is a bit strange. Luba makes more sense. Lubov sounds very male and the terrible association (probably only me) with a sick mass murderer.

pandatours

On the Ice

Didn't he drop his last partner on a lift once too? But I agree, I don't exactly trust Michael. And he's definitely not as strong as Kirsten

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well that is an interesting banner across my GS: US Secret Service, learn more about careers with them. Don't usually see ads for them. Does that mean the ruthless pursuit of live skating streams makes us good potential agents?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I have no idea why KTM and DM split.. but that was a match made in heaven.... it's so unfortunate

Sorrento

Record Breaker
It shouldn't have been brought in in the first place!

Having vocals is too distrating. In fact. I would say it has ruined figure skating for me, because I am now concentrating more on the music than the skating.

And, with all these monologues that are creeping in, I bet the ISU are regretting their decision to allow vocals. Because I can guarantee that they did not envisage that happening. And I would say that, in light of this development, they are already planning to switch back to no vocals.

However, they will not want to lose face. So, I reckon they will keep it for the rest of this Olympic cycle, and then switch back to no vocals for the necxt Olympic cycle.

But, as far as I'm concerned, the switch back couldn't come soon enough!

CaroLiza_fan
Haha, they totally regret! But I guess they just have to specify what can be used and what can't be used. I love songs but I hate dialogues, especially dramatic ones when one hero is dying- come on! Ilinykh Katsalapov had that first in their Ghost FD and that terrified me. And now we got two Titanic programs that just make me struggle like hell.

lyndichee

Medalist
I have no idea why KTM and DM split.. but that was a match made in heaven.... it's so unfortunate

They have plateaued in terms of what they were achieving. Also I think Kirsten wanted to do 2 more Olympics and Dylan only has 1 more in him as he was approaching his 30's and she was only early 20's.

Giselle

Medalist

Do you have any info on this? I know Kaitlyn Weaver and Piper Gilles's citizenships were expedited but I thought Canada got more strict about it the last few years. Lubov had to wait for a while to get a simple working permit IIRC.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well do one with him and find another partner able to lift you later :) haha
They have plateaued in terms of what they were achieving. Also I think Kirsten wanted to do 2 more Olympics and Dylan only has 1 more in him as he was approaching his 30's and she was only early 20's.

and honestly, better plateau at 5 in the worlds than like 3rd in Canada and then like 10 to 15 in the world with the new partner who drops you so you cannot even attend 4CC..

okay... i calm down and pour a second martini

Last edited:

lyndichee

Medalist
Do you have any info on this? I know Kaitlyn Weaver and Piper Gilles's citizenships were expedited but I thought Canada got more strict about it the last few years. Lubov had to wait for a while to get a simple working permit IIRC.

They got more strict with taking citizenship away because of "terrorist" threats. Should be fine for Lubov as she started competing for Canada last year. I think Piper paired with Paul a season later.

pandatours

On the Ice
Same here, but I'm using DotVPN.

BLESS YOUR FACE (and everything else)!!! I don't use Hola anymore because of privacy concerns and had never heard of DotVPN. Did a quick search and added it to Chrome and voila! I can now watch the CBC stream