2024 Four Continents Women's Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Women's Free Skate

LazyFuzai

Laziness is my only love.
On the Ice
Overall good Free Skate competition.Not that impresive as short,but still well done for girls.A bit sad to see Ava 4th after she give up Nationals to prepare,but hope she will work hard for next season.Seeing Seoyeong 5th is painful for my eyes but have to live with this 😁.As for Rinka 3A was crazy,but overall she can do better than this.Mone and Chaeyeon amazing one.Fantastic programs + superb skates from them.

fehervari

On the Ice
Rinka seems least happy about Mone's victory. even Ava Marie Ziegler was more enthusiastic

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I love both Rinka and Ava, so while I'm gutted Ava didn't make it to the podium, I'm also super happy for Rinka! She deserved to be in the podium after her glorious 3A :clap: And her PCS is definitely better than Ava too.

Overall a very great event, and good judging as well. Great way to end my Friday night :party2:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So happy for Mone - I have a little clip of her as a tiny, skating straight into Yuzu's arms when he was running a training session for little Sendai hopefuls, and she was so adorable I have always had a soft spot for her. I hope this is the start of great things.

fehervari

On the Ice
Wi Seoyeong seems to me a bit like Ali Schumacher was: she does what the choreographer says, but she doesn't ask him, she doesn't think about why. need and done. she should find the world in which she can really express herself (like Kim Yelim, eg), because now she loses a lot of points in components. I feel her sp can be a good starting point

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
aaaand Shizuka Arakawa, Takeshi Honda
True. I thought of Shun because he has a good {touch wood} chance of medalling in the mens event, which I know he did last year as well: that would mean two Sendai natives on the 4CC podium.

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
Wi Seoyeong seems to me a bit like Ali Schumacher was: she does what the choreographer says, but she doesn't ask him, she doesn't think about why. need and done. she should find the world in which she can really express herself (like Kim Yelim, eg), because now she loses a lot of points in components. I feel her sp can be a good starting point
The choreographer also didn't ask much of her. That program was almost all just two-footed skating. Truly good jumps and I am happy she did well but her components while quite low were still too high for what she put on the ice. Now, GOE wise, she deserves a lot!

macy

Record Breaker
does anyone have a link to the overall results? ISU website is only showing segment results as far as i can see

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Women's free skate is a joy 😊 to watch. Great skate all.
Congratulations medalist.
Someone mention that Ava kind of look like Miku .
However I couldn't notice that Mona who stayed beautiful looks like Maia Sibutanti from some angles

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love both Rinka and Ava, so while I'm gutted Ava didn't make it to the podium, I'm also super happy for Rinka! She deserved to be in the podium after her glorious 3A :clap: And her PCS is definitely better than Ava too.

Overall a very great event, and good judging as well. Great way to end my Friday night :party2:
To be honest Ava was more impressive then the women on the podium at Nationals and was facing way tougher competition.