2024 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate

slider11

Medalist
Congratulations to Deanna & Max
Welcome back Riku & Ryuchi
Congratulations Ellie & Danny
I’d say the pecking order is now set for US pairs
As much as I like Ellie and Danny, I wonder if Danny is just a placeholder to help Ellie gain her skills and confidence with a strong partner. Maybe Danny can hang in for a few years, I hate to call 33 "old" but the wear and tear on your body must take its toll. Danny's broad shoulder, large body type seems to hold up better than others and he certainly has the skating skills. I really enjoy East of Eden and how they are emerging that step sequence to really sell the music.

meem

On the Ice
I really enjoy East of Eden and how they are emerging that step sequence to really sell the music.
Did the audience react a bit similarly to the audience at Nationals? There's something about East of Eden's soaring music that somehow lifts a performance (as long as it's going well) and draws in the audience.

slider11

Medalist
Did the audience react a bit similarly to the audience at Nationals? There's something about East of Eden's soaring music that somehow lifts a performance (as long as it's going well) and draws in the audience.
I didn't quite get the same reaction from the Shanghai audience but the numbers were much smaller and perhaps this style does not resonate in the same way. But I think it was a wise choice of music for a young skater like Ellie to experience the power of music.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ah, Nastya and Hector were soooo close to the podium!

I watched their program just before church and even without sound they were brilliant.

Congrats to all the medallists and see you for the Men's.
Oh gosh I had to re read your post I thought you turned off the sound so you could watch skating at church! LOL

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, but I think Liu/ Nagy and McBeath/Parkman might be better long-term. I enjoy Liu/Nagy's attitude. They seem happy together and they aren't upset by mistakes. They seem to understand it is all a process. I like that. Liu just needs to work on her jumps.
Me too! I think (and hope) they'll take this performance of their SP as very good progress. I felt like Chelsea's confidence has taken a forward leap. (of course, sometimes there's a step forward and two back, as in this comp. But it's a process.

Also, they've said, and I believe, that it's not all about the result, but that they're working step by step and most importantly, enjoying their skating.

That's something that comes across so beautifully for me. Both programs, there's Chelsea's mega-watt smile, and there's Balazs' wry, laconic style ... and they fit together and contrast nicely.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Did I get the impression throughout the rest of the competition that the president of their fan club was doing the commentating? Oh, surely not! Really, he was only just a smidge: :cheer::hap10::yahoo::points:(But I did quite like them myself so his exuberant enthusiasm brought a smile. And yes, I do know who the commentator was.)
Yeah I admired Chris's optimism since G/GM skated. But then again, he wasn't far off!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As much as I like Ellie and Danny, I wonder if Danny is just a placeholder to help Ellie gain her skills and confidence with a strong partner. Maybe Danny can hang in for a few years, I hate to call 33 "old" but the wear and tear on your body must take its toll. Danny's broad shoulder, large body type seems to hold up better than others and he certainly has the skating skills. I really enjoy East of Eden and how they are emerging that step sequence to really sell the music.
Danny has said he was in it until the next Olympics and barring injury I do believe that is his intention.

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
Deanna and Maxime was amazing in spite of the fall of maxime but their FS was great and it could better yet without that fall of him ,the surprise for me is Ellie and Danny ,it was beautiful their FS and they have a lot of potential , the music is classical for me and i think it does fit to their style if never would happened the fall of Ellie because had a bad weak land foot (maybe a distraction lapsus) they would be the 2nd place