Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 48 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They were one of the main reasons I had wanted to go to Boston- to see their Anna Karenina FD live :cry:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, I was reading this and Zhulin seems to really understand Ice Dance right now - in such a way that surprised me. He really knows where his teams' chances lay, but he was absolutely respectful towards all the top teams. I think he's onto something here, because he really seems to know what it will take for anyone to get to the top.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
They were one of the main reasons I had wanted to go to Boston- to see their Anna Karenina FD live :cry:

I totally understand this...Not seeing Anna Karenina FD left me really heartbroken during FD as this is a real gem among this season's free dances: so much storytelling, strong yet effortless technical execution and passion going...

Glad that there are some hopes for them to return to competition soon - hopefully they'll be able to compete and get great set of programs

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Dmitry got into car accident. He posted a pic of his wrecked car, looks totaled to me. Some woman rammed into his car, apparently she was drunk and driving in the wrong direction. He said everything is fine: nor him neither anyone else in his car got injured. He calls in social networks now for safety and everyone be careful and sober behind the wheel. His quote: "car is just a piece of metal, but human life is priceless".

tulosai

Record Breaker
Dmitry got into car accident. He posted a pic of his wrecked car, looks totaled to me. Some woman rammed into his car, apparently she was drunk and driving in the wrong direction. He said everything is fine: nor him neither anyone else in his car got injured. He calls in social networks now for safety and everyone be careful and sober behind the wheel. His quote: "car is just a piece of metal, but human life is priceless".

Glad he is okay, that sounds very scary.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Zhulin seems to be happy. They're already working on new programms.
'We are more than confident that everything will be alright' and also 'They will drink nothing but green tea now' :biggrin:

He also said one scary thing, that he's seen some independent research from US scientists where they proved that Meldonium might stay in athlete's body for the whole life of athlete, if it was consumed together with big dose of L-carnitine. Scary.

Source: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/24868.html

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Couple more words from Dmitry:
- he's very happy for Katia. They had a chance to retire and had really nice propositions for their after-sport lifes, but decided to decline.
- the ultimate GOAL now is Olympic Games 2018.
- they're not happy that these 'circumstances' made them miss Worlds, because it negatively reflects on their rating.
- new programms are already in work. They will try new approach, it will be something new and fresh for them, and they will show their different side. So looks like no more quality Russian drama :(
- they will skate at B events next season to improve their rating. Events. Plural form.

Source: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160424/916268821.html and http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160424/916275667.html
-

Mattieu

Medalist
Couple more words from Dmitry:
- they're not happy that these 'circumstances' made them miss Worlds, because it negatively reflects on their rating.
- they will skate at B events next season to improve their rating. Events. Plural form.
-

Missing Worlds probably hasn't affected their rankings much at all, as the only points that Worlds would affect is the first column in the rankings tables, the ISU championships column.
They would need to have come 6th or higher to improve on the 680 points they got at Euros.
Even if they had managed a 4th place, which was highly unlikely, it would've only improved their total to 875 points, which is less than the 200 points extra, considerably less than they could earn in a single B international.

They are right to want to do B internationals, as once the points are updated in June, they will plummet in the rankings, as they got zero ISU ranking points last season. That will cost them dearly. Ironically the highest ranking team will be Tarasova's darlings Stepanova and Bukin, with Ruslena close behind them.

Last edited: