Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Tiffani Zagorski & Jonathan Guerreiro

sneakers

Match Penalty
woo. awesome SD

what are their chances of getting the russian no. 3 ?
with questionable states of I/Z, S/K and S/B, I'm going out on a limb and say. YES they do !!!

The Finn

Record Breaker
what are their chances of getting the russian no. 3 ?
with questionable states of I/Z, S/K and S/B, I'm going out on a limb and say. YES they do !!!

Pretty good I would say but it is too early to speculate too much about it.

They had an excellent Challenger Series debut, their score was about 165 points.

Their FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9QuHuAvSlk

They will skate at the Finlandia Trophy next week.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Here's some photos I took at Finlandia. I didn't know anything about them until I saw them there - but I enjoyed their performances a lot, and they are a very striking and glamorous couple.

By the way, I passed them one day as I walked to the arena through the nearby wood/park. I assume they were walking back to the official hotel after practice.

(It's unusual... This was the 5th Finlandia I've been to, and I have always walked to the arena from the hotel and back, every day, sometimes several times a day. But this was the first time I have ever seen any skaters walking to/from the arena. They always take the official shuttle bus. I wonder if they already knew that area, trained there before or something? It's quite easy to get lost if you don't know the way...)

I would normally say "hello" and "good luck" to skaters in that situation. But they were deep in conversation and I didn't want to interrupt. As I said, I didn't know anything about them until that competition, so I got surprised because they were talking to each other in perfect English! Being a Russian team, I just assumed they'd speak Russian between themselves! :-D

The Finn

Record Breaker
I would normally say "hello" and "good luck" to skaters in that situation. But they were deep in conversation and I didn't want to interrupt. As I said, I didn't know anything about them until that competition, so I got surprised because they were talking to each other in perfect English! Being a Russian team, I just assumed they'd speak Russian between themselves! :-D

British and Ausralian persons speaking english to each other, yes that is very weird. You do know that she is from England and he is from Australia, right?

Mattieu

Medalist
British and Ausralian persons speaking english to each other, yes that is very weird. You do know that she is from England and he is from Australia, right?

In YesWay's defence, I've heard that Zahorski speaks fluent Russian now, so the conversation could equally well have been in Russian given that Guerrreiro's mother is Russian.
Zahorski also speaks fluent French, but that I doubt Guerreiro speaks.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
They skated a great SD today at the Warsaw Cup and they also got a new PB of 69.06.

No video yet but at the moment one can watch their SD from the livestream. Right now it can be found at about -17mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BelpZ-te0Fk

Oh good, as I really wasn't impressed at their performance at the Cup of Russia, particularly Zahorski, she was all over the place there.
I think nerves got the better of her.
They look really good here! :cheer:

pasha74

Rinkside
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20161223/1114189969.html

They thought about withdrawing from the FD due to Tiffany's sickness, but then they decided to skate all the same even though she had a high fever! (which explains why Tiffany broke into tears at the end of their FD). That shows her courage, determination and strength! My hat goes off to you, Tiff! Chapeau! :clapper: