2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP

Warwick360

Medalist
It would have been interesting if she would have beaten Julia with that fall. I think Anna and Elena were to far ahead, but realistically I think she should have beaten Julia, if clean. Honestly, I don't see much difference between her and Evgenia, and if Evgenia can get these scores, why not her?

Also, I just noted that her triple-triple, which for me was higher and cleaner than any of the other girls, got lower GOE than the top two Russians. And also her solo jump got lower than it deserved compared to Radionova. I really like Radionova and I know this is in Russia, but this just seems so incredibly unfair. :ddevil:

The solo jump alone deserved all 3s from judges, with a possible 1.5+ on GOE. :hpull:

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Radionova messes up her 2A (a 0 from one judge) and gets a personal best.

Li and Hicks go clean and get a couple points below their personal bests.

YASSS Rostelecom inflation!!!!! :laugh2: :dance3: :love: :party2: :popcorn:

After absolutely shame inflated scores of Osmond at SC :laugh2: - CoR was very good and nice. :love:

TGee

Record Breaker
Thanks, didn't know it.

She prefers Bet or the correct diminutive is Bet?

Unsure....Kazakh isn't one of my languages;)

...but the word out of Toronto Cricket is to go with Bet...

And I notice that on her own social media accounts she spells her name TurSynbaeva, with the S always capitalized...

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
A judge did give ZIjun 9.00 for Composition. #justice

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
And this is why Rostelecome is my favorite GP :) Always the shady camera man ;)

Also, surprised at everyone's reactions to Elena. I think her jumps are MUCH better than last year, and I think she had the best choreography and expression out of everyone. The costume is a mess though, and the error on the 2A should have her behind Yulia.

Warwick360

Medalist
After absolutely shame inflated scores of Osmond at SC :laugh2: - CoR was very good and nice. :love:

I'd be more surprised/shocked/disappointed (perhaps not the last part) if there wasn't an annual home inflation to be seen at CoR :p

Overall, the best series of SP out of both the ladies and Gents so far this season. Not many splats for which I am perpetually grateful. :bow:

sneakers

Match Penalty

and only 1 fall in all of the ladies SP
this is a way better event than home cooking of SC for Osmond, she didn't win though even after those massive overscores.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
I really thought Elizabet would hit 70+. And from look of things, on the brighter side of things, it is clear that she does in fact have ability to hit 70+ at the current state, because I'm guessing she probably lost about 3 points with the negative GOE and the deduction on the Axel. Also, it was clear that the fall made her spins go slow, which may have contributed to lower GOE. At least just for that, I am really glad even with the fall. :clap:

PS: would have still been better without a fall. :laugh:

Well, she got the 2A, but with downgraded GOE..

Interestingly, only the spin that directly followed the fall was down to a level 3, the last spin was back up to a level 4.

The loss of GOE on those elements more than the difference in the TES between Bet and Yulia....

But on the PCS, I'd argue that both of them could have been given more....Bet on TR and Julia on PER and CO...

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I think Elena and Julia's scores should be closer to each other. like at around 70. And Zijun should receive a much higher PCS, like mid 8s for performance and composition and interpretation, that would make her score around 66.

mrrice

Record Breaker
How was Courtney's SP. I am happily surprised to see her in the top 6 and she's not out of contention for a top 5 finish. I know some people might disagree but, I would be so proud of her if she finished in the top 5. I think this competition is a great opportunity for her. There are World and Olympic Team member at this event and I for one, Wish I could have been there. I still haven't seen the videos so, I can't comment on the programs but, last year at Worlds, I predicted that Anna would be the next Maria B. and win a World Title out of no where in her Mid 20's. However, it looks like it may happen sooner than I thought.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think Elena and Julia's scores should be closer to each other. like at around 70. And Zijun should receive a much higher PCS, like mid 8s for performance and composition and interpretation, that would make her score around 66.

Zijun was thoroughly robbed here. Arguably Hicks too. And Tursynbaeva on PCS (she's so underrated).

Guess it wasn't enough to have the Russians sweep, they also had to try to put distance between them and medal threats who went clean.