2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS

ioanna

Record Breaker
I think that was the criteria, the national champions go to the Asian Games.

Khoai

Match Penalty
Really tough for Shoma and Satoko....
Why not many people complained for Miss Miyahara, Miss Asada and Mr Hanyu when they did NHK-GPF-National in within a month.

This Asian Winter Game and 4CC schedule is not as packed.

Lota

Record Breaker
Just watched Rika's performance, so sad for her... You could tell that she was very nervous at the start, and after her mistake on the second jump she just knew it was over for her and her heart wasn't really in it... She tried to smile so hard throughout the performance (props the audience for supporting her! :clapper: ), and her tearful face at the end just broke my heart :sad21:

I can only hope that she doesn't lose faith and keeps trying to improve. It's clear that the judges aren't doing her any favours (quite the contrary). The federation seems to welcome the new generation of skaters with open arms, while leaving her behind. I can only imagine how discouraging that is. Hopefully, she comes firing back with a strong set of programs and newfound confidence next season, as I would so love to see her at the Olympics! Fight, Rika! :cheer:

Biellmann

Match Penalty
At least Mura goes to AWG :think:

He was almost national champion, he can't just stay at home :laugh:

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Well 2 of the ladies better make sure they can finish within the top 7, otherwise there will only be 2 spots for PyeongChang and Worlds next season.

I wish them all the very best.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

da96103

Record Breaker
Well 2 of the ladies better make sure they can finish within the top 7, otherwise there will only be 2 spots for PyeongChang and Worlds next season.

I wish them all the very best.

Not necessary top 7. Only if Satoko is placed 6th, then Wakaba or Mihara must be 7th.

Or is that what you meant? You mean to say that Satoko will not place higher than 6th?

Well the more places Satoko is higher than 6th, then the same number of places the second lady can place below 7th.

eg

6-7
5-8
4-9
3-10
2-11
1-12

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
I doubt Satoko, Wakaba and Mai will have trouble getting 3 spots for the Olympics.

mcq

Record Breaker
Not necessary top 7. Only if Satoko is placed 6th, then Wakaba or Mihara must be 7th.

Or is that what you meant? You mean to say that Satoko will not place higher than 6th?

Well the more places Satoko is higher than 6th, then the same number of places the second lady can place below 7th.

eg

6-7
5-8
4-9
3-10
2-11
1-12

The only other factors that can break in top 7 besides the 3 russians and japanese are ashley, osmond and maybe caro. And these 3 are not so consistent either. I would say Japan's chances of getting 3 spots are not so bad, satoko and mai are pretty consistent and wakaba is not bad either. The one who is going to struggle i likely the US I think? (pre-worlds prediction : who knows maybe Canadian ladies will get 3 spot instead lol)

ntl

Rinkside
Lesson from Japanese Nationals: everyone should learn to do an emergency 3S+3T (or some other +3T combo).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Watching the Ladies FS was such a treat. So many personal bests were skated here.
Mai's story and recovery from her illness makes her Cinderella free skate something special. I loved it.
Wakaba's determination not to let one mistake get in the way and her beautiful jumps and expression won my heart.
Marin skated better here than she has anywhere.
Satoko was under so much pressure and she held up and was a space queen.

Rika and Kaori were also memorable in their own way.

Rika looked like she was going to bomb at the beginning but she gathered herself and did all her combos in the second half. Gutsy girl.
Kaori's speed and jumps are magnificent. And her smile makes me smile.

Yuna S. was perfect. What a comeback from the puberty monster season
Kanako was better than expected. It's great to see her smile again.

Thank you ladies for such wonderful skating.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I noticed that Wakaba and Mai both get more love from international judges than home judges. I think? Their PCS gets no boost at home.

mcq

Record Breaker
I noticed that Wakaba and Mai both get more love from international judges than home judges. I think? Their PCS gets no boost at home.

I see that too but at least it is better that way? Rather than get super high score at home but not loved by international judges. At least it gave the Japanese ladies a reason to not be complacent.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker

eg

6-7
5-8
4-9
3-10
2-11
1-12
Oh no no, I'm just a bit worried. Cuz you know, Satoko often gets bullied by international judges. I'm afraid what happened in Boston will happen again. Of course I believe Satoko is able to get into top 3, but the ladies is such an extremely competitive field, I just wanna make sure the three spots if the Japanese team can be secured for another season :)