Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 1229 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcq

Record Breaker
I think all these speculations aroung 4Lz and 4A will go on until some new footage is released or even until we know the next season's layout. Or until WTT in the best of cases.

Was anybody sure he would include 4Lo in both SP and FS this season until the media day at TCC in september?

All of us were sure he would. In fact people speculated he would include it at 2016 worlds already, but he didn't. Before the season began, we all knew he would include 4Lo, whether he would do 4-quad FS was still a question mark but then Brian hinted it and Javi (sort of) confirmed it. So before media day everybody here already knew he would do that layout. FOr me personally, I am surprised he included the 4Lo in the SP, but other than that, everything is as predicted.

About Max, well, he is a winter sport/FS commentator, he would know his way around more than any of us, it is not that hard to get info from TCC tbh. Brian and Tracy are not the only coaches there, and Javi and Yuzu are not the only skaters training there. There are coaches from other disciplines and other countries + other skaters who trained there who might be unknown to us because they did not compete internationally. I don't find his info to be that impossible as well; Yuzuru landed his first 4Lz in 2014 (Brian said it in an interview), it has been 3 years since then, I would have been more surprised if he had not improved from that time.

About 4A, like I said before, if he can get that extra 8-10 cm height, he is all set.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I just find it funny how we're hearing these things from everyone BUT Yuzu and TCC. Its all " :)... " with him.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
I just find it funny how we're hearing these things from everyone BUT Yuzu and TCC. Its all " :)... " with him.

That's what marks Yuzu out as very special - other skaters usually brag about their achievement in their SN. :) And with Yuzu we just see the tip of the iceberg.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
All part of the strategy.

"So Yuzu… 4Lz?" - "... :) "
"How about 4A?" - "... :) "
"Space kitten relatives coming over for Christmas?" - "... :) "
"5 quads in the FS next season?" - "... :) "

Works like a charm every time

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
A twitter user asked Massimiliano his thoughts on NBC comments that said "[Uno's SP] was a beautifully complex program too with so much content frankly, compared to Yuzuru’s.".
Massimiliano replied with: bullshits! LOL

hmm I'm not sure if it is suitable to post it here but I have to agree with him :rolleye:

:roll9:
Which NBC commentator said that, of all things? Again, Shoma has a lot of great qualities, but saying his program is more complex than Yuzu's sounds very... out there. Especially LGC - that program has negative value of breaks or breathing points :shocked:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
^ maybe we're talking about an intellectual level of complexity, ya know... and you just don't get it. Like "balletic". We're just too stupid to understand that :yes:

gladiolusc

Medalist
Which NBC commentator said that, of all things? Again, Shoma has a lot of great qualities, but saying his program is more complex than Yuzu's sounds very... out there. Especially LGC - that program has negative value of breaks or breathing points :shocked:

Ryan Bradley and Tanith White ^_^

teeannroo

On the Ice
I was rewatching the BBC commentary and the lady commentator asked Robin if Kevin Reynolds in 2010 was the first person to land a quad :rofl:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I was rewatching the BBC commentary and the lady commentator asked Robin if Kevin Reynolds in 2010 was the first person to land a quad :rofl:

Who was the lady commentator there?

I'm currently watching the whole men's event again, I thought it would be a nice idea for this Friday evening. :biggrin: Two more groups until Yuzuru! :yahoo:

Bonesfan

On the Ice

Ryan Bradley and Tanith White ^_^

I was surprised to read since Ryan is usually very complimentary towards Yuzuru. However, Yuzuru is viewed as the biggest threat to Nathan hence the comparisons & criticism by the American press. It seems like the Japanese media is trying to hype the competition between Yuzuru and Shoma as well. I guess these are all acknowledgements that Yuzuru has become the current "standard".

Status
Not open for further replies.