Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 1230 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm not going to get into a whose program is better debate because I like both guys, but Yuzu's LGC is NOT a program you can try to make a case for lack of complexity. Especially not when you realize exactly how tough his entries into his 4Lo and 3A are and that's only part of what he does in his SP.

teeannroo

On the Ice
Who was the lady commentator there?

I'm currently watching the whole men's event again, I thought it would be a nice idea for this Friday evening. :biggrin: Two more groups until Yuzuru! :yahoo:

Not quite sure, but I don't think she's a former skater or anything. Robin had to say 'actually the first person was his countryman Kurt Browning back in 1988' and then she replied 'oh well I was well out' lol I just can't believe she thought 2010 was when the first quad was landed

liha

On the Ice

mcq

Record Breaker
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-figureskating-world-hanyu-idUSKBN17400M
I'm surprised that with the amazing FS that Hanyu produced at Worlds, this article decided to focus on his struggle to put together a clean competition. I mean it's not like the last 2 world championships were won with 2 clean skates :confused2:

Well the UK reuters are nothing but complimentary to him, so do not focus on articles (this other reuters) who focused on other stuff.

Truth to be told, none of the top 6 men this season has skated 2 actual clean programs back-to-back beside Boyang (and he only did it once). So that alone should be a hint that you should not take this article seriously

ETA : actually the last time there were WC won with 2 clean skates was during the time when Jeffrey Buttle won it (2008) (maybe evan lysacek too but he got a flip call iirc)
And these 2 men did not have a single quad on their layout :coffee:

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-figureskating-world-hanyu-idUSKBN17400M
I'm surprised that with the amazing FS that Hanyu produced at Worlds, this article decided to focus on his struggle to put together a clean competition. I mean it's not like the last 2 world championships were won with 2 clean skates :confused2:

This narrative is really weird, as if Yuzuru is the only World Champion who wasn't clean in both programs. Who ever is? Javi's two wins came with so-so SPs and slightly cleaner FS (heck, in 2015, he just made less mistakes than Yuzu in his FS and even ended up second in after Denis Ten). Before him, Patrick, when he was winning World Championships, won with some falls too, which prompted lots of criticism at the time. Maybe before quads were the norm World Champions were cleaner. Don't know what prompted the article but it's kind of amusing.

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Ah, these are not major competitions,you know. People get dismissive about GPF

Maybe that's why Mishin(?) conveniently forgot about that too, when he said he has never seen Yuzu produce a clean FS like at Worlds?

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Maybe that's why Mishin(?) conveniently forgot about that too, when he said he has never seen Yuzu produce a clean FS like at Worlds?

Mishin must have been drunk late in 2015. :) That's why he never learnt what the buzz and the fuss were about. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Believe me, many people are doing that kind of political game. Most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.