2017 Minto Summer Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Minto Summer Skate

madgef

Spectator
Its pretty early on during the season and honestly, I was rooting for quite a number of people. HOWEVER, I have to say I really felt sorry for Julian. Its his first time with his 4S and its a pretty bad blow to him (literally) as he knocked against one of the boards. The other one (was it a 3F?) was also very painful. I think he's still trying to get his directions around with his news program, as this music choice was way different from his rock-ish blue kinda genre. Ju, please don't be discouraged. We'll cheer you on. A few weeks left before SEA Games!

Poor Julian! The fall kinda reminds me of when he trying to do two quad sal at this year's Malay nationals (if my memory serves me right, he also tried to do one at this year's 4CC gala?) He surely can land it in the practice (even at the Worlds practice) but seems still struggling with landing in competitions. Considering it's still that early, i hope Ju and his team would figure out things and polish his spins just in time and may the best to come at the Nebelhorn Trophy.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Alaine won this by a slide...Sarah could have come close but she has already lost the chance

sam123

On the Ice
Poor Julian! The fall kinda reminds me of when he trying to do two quad sal at this year's Malay nationals (if my memory serves me right, he also tried to do one at this year's 4CC gala?) He surely can land it in the practice (even at the Worlds practice) but seems still struggling with landing in competitions. Considering it's still that early, i hope Ju and his team would figure out things and polish his spins just in time and may the best to come at the Nebelhorn Trophy.

Goodness tell me about it! I think it all boils down to the right moment and right time to land his 4S perfectly. His spins still needs some polishing to do as well (though they're definitely better). I can only see this boy going nowhere but up with his hard work and determination so setbacks like these will mean nothing to him. I'm not even surprised if he'll end up to be the Top 20 in the world in no time. Go get the Pyeongchang spot Ju! You have so many fans here in GS!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I love Julian a lot, and I think that his LP was always betters than the SP. At least I loved his I's man's world program a lot. I can't even think of what he will chose next.

sam123

On the Ice
I love Julian a lot, and I think that his LP was always betters than the SP. At least I loved his I's man's world program a lot. I can't even think of what he will chose next.

I wonder if he's gonna pull a Mao move and miraculously save himself in the LP and the next thing we all know he may very well place among the top LOL. Keeping my fingers crossed he'll be fine and land every jumps clean tomorrow

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Yes, I hope Nicolas is OK, and just not ready to show his LP.
As for this moment, all 3 rinks are off line for some time...

madgef

Spectator

Julian posted an IG story in May which showed he's practicing the newly choreographed SP at Lu Chen's rink in Beijing...so I guess the choreographer still might be Elvin Wong.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
How many top junior ladies are we missing? Man...

sam123

On the Ice
Julian posted an IG story in May which showed he's practicing the newly choreographed SP at Lu Chen's rink in Beijing...so I guess the choreographer still might be Elvin Wong.

This is just my opinion, but for me I think Ju's gotta consult a new choreographer maybe. I don't know, its just me.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
OMG I loved Julian. I was so happy he did his old program and beautifully landed all his jumps. It was just perfect!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes, I hope Nicolas is OK, and just not ready to show his LP.
As for this moment, all 3 rinks are off line for some time...

He didn't seem injured yesterday, but he did have some sort of compression thing on one leg after he competed.

madgef

Spectator
Did not managed to watch Ju's. Any quads?

No. Ju didn't try 4S this time (which is wise to me) but bring back his 3A2T2L combo. The jumps layout seems different from last season as this time he put 3A as the second jump.