Elena Ilinykh & Anton Shibnev | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Anton Shibnev

bramweld

Record Breaker
You know he could just be a part of their team right? But doesn't he also train E/B? So he does have a senior team, right?

EDIT: I like what he's done though with his juniors. He had a very promising junior team a few seasons ago, but they sort of out grew each other and fizzled out. Either way we'll hear their plans probably much later.

alithia

Final Flight
E/B train in Togliati, not with Gorshkov. I/S are his only full time senior couple right now.

bramweld

Record Breaker
E/B train in Togliati, not with Gorshkov. I/S are his only full time senior couple right now.

Oh, how interesting? I look forward to their collaboration. BTW, does Oleg Volkov work with him? I was wondering who offers assistance in terms of the technique.

uhh

Medalist
http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/7670.html

I remember this article and found out the link.
No sure if it is a good move. There are better coaches in Russia though.

It's an Artur Werner article, forgive me if I don't believe it entirely ;) He'll be stricter with them than Kustarova was, for sure. She treated her skates like family, and it works for some but I think Lena particularly works best under a tough coach.

Marta25

Medalist
http://tass.ru/sport/4669321

Elena mentions that their goal is Russian Nationals and that they have changed some elements. I`m curious when they will start competing on the Russian Cup circuit, I believe they need to compete there to qualify.

Mattieu

Medalist
http://tass.ru/sport/4669321

Elena mentions that their goal is Russian Nationals and that they have changed some elements. I`m curious when they will start competing on the Russian Cup circuit, I believe they need to compete there to qualify.

I doubt the Russian federation would refuse an Olympic champion to compete just because she didn't do a few Russian cup competitions.

Marta25

Medalist
I doubt the Russian federation would refuse an Olympic champion to compete just because she didn't do a few Russian cup competitions.

It wouldn`t hurt to compete at least at one competition before Nationals. Usually there aren`t many strong teams competing at Russian cup competitions, so they can show their full programs to a judging panel without the added pressure.

alithia

Final Flight
Ice dancers need to do two Russian cup events to get to Nationals if they have no GP assignments. And I think I/S want to go there competing and not getting a bye.
I like the fact they set realistic goals, new coach,new partner for both of them, it's good to start without the added pressure.

Alba

Record Breaker
superb twizzles! only shibutanis have prettier ones (and c/l when they are on). he's much better than i thought he'd be. she looked more polished than she's looked for the last 2-3 years. this made me hopeful.

This. I wasn't expeting that either and I am very pleased.
With hard work and time this two can go far. There is absolutely no hurry. They should be aiming for the next 4 coming years. There is a lot of potential here. Good luck to them. :pray::luv17:

All the best to the guys :) If only they could get to Montreal and train with the big boys. Allez, allez.

Just NO! Not only because there are already a lot of people there but I do not want them to become a snoozefest. Ugh. :noshake:

bramweld

Record Breaker
This. I wasn't expeting that either and I am very pleased.
With hard work and time this two can go far. There is absolutely no hurry. They should be aiming for the next 4 coming years. There is a lot of potential here. Good luck to them. :pray::luv17:

Just NO! Not only because there are already a lot of people there but I do not want them to become a snoozefest. Ugh. :noshake:

Alba. Nice to see you :)

Maybe you're right but the only non-snoozefest so far in the FD are V/M right? I mean have we really seen even one great FD from the top ten? Why are they all trying to imitate P/C when only P/C can do P/C I will never know. Because the original will always score higher in the eyes of the judges. Right?:confused:

Alba

Record Breaker
Maybe you're right but the only non-snoozefest so far in the FD are V/M right? I mean have we really seen even one great FD from the top ten? Why are they all trying to imitate P/C when only P/C can do P/C I will never know. Because the original will always score higher in the eyes of the judges. Right?:confused:

Them too. You know I love them but I'm disappointed with their programs so far. The only program I like so far is the SD from last season and that's about it. The rest is same old, same old. I was expecting so much more with their return.
I haven't seen P&C programs this season but after Mozart programs they became a repetition as well. So I' hoping there is smth new this year. Honestly, the programs I like most from last season (from top couples) were from C&B, which is a lot since I'm not even their fan.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Them too. You know I love them but I'm disappointed with their programs so far. The only program I like so far is the SD from last season and that's about it. The rest is same old, same old. I was expecting so much more with their return.
I haven't seen P&C programs this season but after Mozart programs they became a repetition as well. So I' hoping there is smth new this year. Honestly, the programs I like most from last season (from top couples) were from C&B, which is a lot since I'm not even their fan.

Ch/Ba had a great program, its just that their nerves and Igor's edits messed them up throughout the season, I thought what they had at Nebelhorn 2016 was great. But let's wait and see, we haven't seen C/L (or have we?) or Ch/Ba yet. Hope dies last as they say.

bramweld

Record Breaker
No, I haven't seen them either. Are C&L still competing?

Alba, behave :rofl: Perceiving the current mood I will not be reminding you of their FD music choice for this season.#Lavitaebellajustcouldnothelpmyself.

Alba

Record Breaker
Seriously, I thought they weren't. :biggrin:
"La vita è bella" is their FD music?