2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Ladies FS

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
So much disappoint.Kaetlyn could have won easily! The chance was there! UGHH . But I am starting to see how her program is coming together artistically. She in incorporating Swan like and ballet like elements in there like with her spins. Her head movements are very bird like. I wish she would skate it clean so I could see the whole thing come together!
It's not even snowing anymore outside. The magic... my hopes at winning a predictions medal... maybe I should start decorating for Christmas early?
Side note:
I am really gonna need Satoko to win Skate MURICA so if that could happen, that would be great Mmmkay?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I might be wrong with the math on this.. but I think Polina can win SA and still allow Wakaba to still make the GPF -- because Wagner's first GP score was lower than what Wakaba's been scoring, I think she'd lose the tiebreak (and that's assuming Wagner manages to wind up 2nd).

If Polina wins, there are your 6 places: Med, Alina, Kaetlyn, Sotskova, Caro and Polina

yuna

On the Ice
I see people complaining about Alina's PCS but what about Kaetlyn's? She got 70(!) on a bombed skate and she doesnt interpret the music very well. Personally, I dont see how she scored over Mai in the FS but that is to be expected of course.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Alina ZAGITOVA RUS213.8051video
2Maria SOTSKOVA RUS208.7822video
3Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN206.7714video
4Mai MIHARA JPN202.1245video
5Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ200.9863video
6Yuna SHIRAIWA JPN193.1836video
7Nicole SCHOTT GER172.39107video
8Mae Berenice MEITE FRA171.4089video
9Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS167.65118video
10Polina EDMUNDS USA157.77910video
11Laurine LECAVELIER FRA154.35711video

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
so many complaints... i think the judges got this one completely right.... with the way things have been judged for a while...

1) Alina uses the system very well and she delivered... to me, there was no doubt she earned her TES fairly... dust off a couple points in PCS, does it make a difference?

In Cup of China, it should. Wakaba could have (and should have) won it. Here, it probably could make a difference too because Maria is the one who had two perfect programs and should probably have won this.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Mai is slowly becoming an another Rika Hongo to the judges. Even lower PCS than Lil Bet. It's sad. I need some cognac.

And Wakaba is off GPF. No japanese lady in Nagoya. I really need cognac now.

At least it's gonna be a bit interesting to watch one overscored skater after the other (sans Polina and Sotzzzkova). Of course the podium will be zhenya/alina/someone, but I think it has the potential to be a little little bit interesting.

moriel

Record Breaker
So much disappoint.Kaetlyn could have won easily! The chance was there! UGHH . But I am starting to see how her program is coming together artistically. She in incorporating Swan like and ballet like elements in there like with her spins. Her head movements are very bird like. I wish she would skate it clean so I could see the whole thing come together!
It's not even snowing anymore outside. The magic... my hopes at winning a predictions medal... maybe I should start decorating for Christmas early?
Side note:
I am really gonna need Satoko to win Skate MURICA so if that could happen, that would be great Mmmkay?

I disagree about easily. After Alina skated clean, Kaetlyn would need to also skate clean-ish - she needed +8 points above what she got.

russianfan

Match Penalty
so who would you like to blame? :biggrin:
Kostner for getting too high pcs and stealing silver from Wakaba, Osmond for failing where she should've won, or japanese fed for choosing tough events for Wakaba?
choose your option :biggrin:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
as a fan (and mother :biggrin:) of both i think they are close, i would give edge to Mai on SS and to Elizabet on TR, rest is a bit subjective, but definitely would give better GOE to Mai's jumps because she just flies :luv17: so overall i would have Mai higher on LP today, but what do i know :slink:

Yes, Mai is very fast & light. I think her SS are definitely better. Elizabet is the better performer imo. Mai has her moments, but she doesn't stay committed to it throughout the program. She's still a little juniorish in that aspect but I think she will get better in time.

Barb

Record Breaker
Yep, very low chances. It's essentially a done deal now. I don't know how Tsurskaya could possibly manage to not win there. It's a very easy event. And even Ashley could win it with a great performance.

Only Satoko has chances if she regains her 2015 form or such but she's really not been looking great.

Gabby, Karen or Satoko? so, it is totally realistic any of them winning Skate America IMO.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I'm picturing Evgenia watching Alina's FS, turning off the TV, and go train a 3Lo-3T-3T-3T-3T-3T-3Lo combinaison. Fourteen times in a row.

yuki

Final Flight
Yep. In the end Kostner getting massively overscored will bump Wakaba out of GPF. What a shame, really. And it's not like I'd want Tsurskaya to miss it just so Wakaba can make it, either.

If Wakaba won China (like she arguably should have), she'd be in.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I see people complaining about Alina's PCS but what about Kaetlyn's? She got 70(!) on a bombed skate and she doesnt interpret the music very well. Personally, I dont see how she scored over Mai in the FS but that is to be expected of course.

She didnt't bombed, only disruptive miskate was 1 fall. And compared to Alina PCS Osmond got lowballed on PCS. Mai was also underscored like always. Just IMO. The podium is correct though

moriel

Record Breaker
so who would you like to blame? :biggrin:
Kostner for getting too high pcs and stealing silver from Wakaba, Osmond for failing where she should've won, or japanese fed for choosing tough events for Wakaba?
choose your option :biggrin:

Judges for overscoring Kostner, and japanese fed for being weird.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
A much better skate for the ladies after that SP!

Awesome performances from Zagitova, Sotskova, Tursynbaeva and Mihara! And honourable mentions to Shiraiwa, Schott and Meite!

Based on SP and LP, the placements were absolutely as they should be. Maybe a bit higher PCS to Mai in the FS but Osmond deserved bronze (but no higher).

I'm still not a fan of Zag's FS but gotta hand it to her for landing those jumps and bouncing back from a disaster SP to win it (again!). Even Eteri was slightly smiling! :laugh:

I feel bad for Osmond but I would have felt worse if she had come second over a more deserving Sotskova. Hopefully she can get it together at the GPF and podium there. :)

zounger

Medalist
I think Wakaba was generally a little bit underscored (Mai also) in her GP. She is so far the more consistent lady.

But if Japanese fed wanted some of their girls represented in GPF they should be made more clever assignments. I think even they underestimated her.
Or maybe they just through the girls to Lion's pit to choose the toughest ones.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Today Alina ZAGITOVA FS score is higher than Yuna Kim best.
Any comment or is it ok?

Was Yuna backloading? The rules have changed, records are meant to be broken. No one skater is greater than the sport and soon enough Zagitova and Medvedeva will be a thing of the past, so rather than gripe why not just enjoy the moment?