Top Prospects of Russian ladies | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Top Prospects of Russian ladies

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Indeed, indeed!

Not great jumps, not great skating skills, relatively old but ah, the looks, mannerisms and upper body involvement.

By the way, Shcherbakova's case is really need to be taken into account. How is that possible, being 10 yo you couldn't jump triples, but after that you're jumping quads, being 13 yo? [emoji848] Probably it's just an exception, but I hope not.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
On todays's competition - Pretty high level overall! Actually, my favorite might have been Milana Lebedeva in addition to Zlata's.

By the way, Shcherbakova's case is really need to be taken into account. How is that possible, being 10 yo you couldn't jump triples, but after that you're jumping quads, being 13 yo? [emoji848] Probably it's just an exception, but I hope not.

At that age, the only thing special about Shcherbakova was her musical interpretation, which was far beyond anything I've ever seen by any skater near that age. But skating skills and especially jumps - I'd be surprised if she actually seriously was in anyone's radar at this point.

As 10 and half years old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlGFe8Qp30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZpHfoZO9Zs

Actually, she did have some triples here(well, one << attempt).

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
How do you decide which of our contributions make the list, puremagic? :)
What do you think of the ones I put in yesterday? :)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
In 2 sports category 50+ girls :dbana:

Main attention:

Anastasia Lysykh (2009)
Sofia Akatieva (2007)
Elizaveta Kulikova (2008)
Sofia Vukolova (2008)
Anastasia Morozova (2008)
Ksenia Melkumova (2009)
Alisa Seliverstova (2009)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Take a look at Maya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0felbRfaQWQ

Seems like she understands what she's doing, very natural choreo moves.
It just is pretty basic overall... But yes, she stands out positively.
In 2 sports category 50+ girls :dbana:

Main attention:

Anastasia Lysykh (2009)
Sofia Akatieva (2007)
Elizaveta Kulikova (2008)
Sofia Vukolova (2008)
Anastasia Morozova (2008)
Ksenia Melkumova (2009)
Alisa Seliverstova (2009)

This one - very interested in seeing what she does.

This competition is absolutely massive, sheesh.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Артёмова Мария was quite impressive, especially considering she only turned 9 years old 2 months ago.

Comparing to the competition on 14-15th, for instance, I easily preferred this performance over any there.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Артёмова Мария was quite impressive, especially considering she only turned 9 years old 2 months ago.

Comparing to the competition on 14-15th, for instance, I easily preferred this performance over any there.

Yeah, I liked her too.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Anastasia Lysykh - well, that was hard to watch, too slow. But I guess she has nice rotation speed.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Anastasia Lysykh - well, that was hard to watch, too slow. But I guess she has nice rotation speed.

Quite a disappointment considering her 1jun. scores were just a few points off what Dzepka got last season. I guess that's why you have to actually watch.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Ugh. I just can't stand this crap 'music'. Poor Sofia, why they're making her to skate with this crap? I'm worried about her mental health now.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
That's exactly what I was thinking. I really hate this program and she can't perform it convincingly at all. It has these disjointed expression / choreo parts that just seem totally off. In my opinion she needs a completely different style of a program. All these screaming and "whoohoo" parts, just why?

She does make a very nice "shhh" pose at least and there's some potential there, but not with a program like this.