Top Prospects of Russian ladies | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Top Prospects of Russian ladies

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Sofiya Baranova, who I posted about on the last page, was supposed to compete in Advanced Novice at the Santa Claus Cup but withdrew before the SP. Does anyone know why?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Does Adelina have a younger sister? I saw a "Sotnikova" on the entry list. Or is that a common last name?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Saturday-Sunday there also is this competition with some 350 participants. Some notables that I noticed were Akatieva and Borovskih.

Another Pre-Novices and Novices Russian nationals 2018 :dbana:

Yeah, I should watch every girl from "Branch "Crystal" (Sambo-70)" and CSKA.

But I'm really excited about Diana's participating, I think she could have the same level as Alina. Also her jumps and body are even more soft. She was a bit slow and inconsistent. Don't know how and how hard she was injured. Just hope for a clean skate.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Btw, despite stupid navigation of that site, putting numbers it's super easy. I just put 3016 instead of 3017 and got the previous competition where Akatieva successfully landed 3Lz+3T. But there was also an interesting skater - Victoria Sinyavina, took the second place after Akatieva. She is 9 yo (2008). It seems like she also knows all triples and she got for the step seqence level 3, while Akatieva only level 2. Vazhnova also was there, many mistakes, no triples.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Btw, despite stupid navigation of that site, putting numbers it's super easy. I just put 3016 instead of 3017 and got the previous competition where Akatieva successfully landed 3Lz+3T. But there was also an interesting skater - Victoria Sinyavina, took the second place after Akatieva. She is 9 yo (2008). It seems like she also knows all triples and she got for the step seqence level 3, while Akatieva only level 2. Vazhnova also was there, many mistakes, no triples.
Hmm, interesting. In the competition where I got the new Samodelkina and Berestovskaya videos, there also was an elements-section. There Samodelkina got lvl 2 steps too but Berestovskaya got lvl 3. In the SP both got lvl 3 and in the FS Samodelkina got lvl 3 and Berestovskaya got lvl 2.

In that competition around a week ago that you are referring to, there also was something interesting. October 15 2012 birthdate actually in junior 3s. So just turned 5, I guess. Flip, Loop, Salchow she seems to have. Now, in this case it clearly is much too early but I can't help but be curious.

Probably even more interesting is the winner of junior 3s there - Elena Kostyleva, I believe. October 11 2011 birthdate which means she essentially is one season ahead of where would be expected and scored a super score. Turned 6 2 months ago - two axels, a lutz and the loop in a combo. But more interestingly, very high PCS. 30.08 which is the first time I've seen anyone score over 30 at that level, I believe. By the way, this one is skating in the competition on 21-24 December.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I decided to also get this older video of Borovskih.

https://streamable.com/fewhp

The quality is better and also the camera angle is different from the November 14 performance. Now, she seems clearly weaker and more wobbly here even though this is only 2 weeks before that excellent performance from mid-November.

She also has a fall on the RBI choctaw step. Actually the first time I didn't pay enough attention - her steps and turns are very difficult for a 6-year-old. I didn't even see Dzepka do a single counter, which Borovskih does.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Sofia Viskova (2008): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFy9qYFrQ8U

Not bad.

Added. Two suns. Also Valeria Yemelyanova (2004) was added to the list. She will skate today along with Diana Guseva. Valeria has nice jumps but she is inconsistent. Two stars.

Sofia Vazhnova's program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X67-nKRWHG0
I thought the name Anastasia is the most common name in Russia. But now I guess it's Sofia! [emoji848]

Sofia Akatieva
Sofia Samodelkina
Sofia Vazhnova
Sofia Dzepka
Sofia Viskova

:dbana:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Ugh. Diana's warming up looked not like all Eteri's skaters do. Her warming-up looked like she's from average skating group. Invalid spin, fall on the 3Lz, only 3-2 combo and still 49 points, almost 50. I'd say it's not bad, especially considering this is her first start after injury.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker