Top Prospects of Russian ladies | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Top Prospects of Russian ladies

Shayuki

Record Breaker
What about Sofia Vazhnova's program
(I like her!)? :pray:

Thanks for vids puremagic, but could do sth with that music quality? It's barely audible. :eek:hwell:

Unfortunately this broadcast seems to have had absolutely horrible audio. But about 21 minutes and 30 seconds would be a good spot to start.

Overall this competition was rather weak but I liked Vazhnova as well. Seems to have some promise with her skating and the state of her jumps is probably alright as a 9-year-old. And the best thing is she brakes to a stop fast.

tars

Record Breaker
Puremagic, could you correct Anna's name to Shcherbakova? :pray:
The pronunciation of "Sherbakova" is completely different and incorrect, thanks in advance. :agree:

Hey people, who's you fave discovery since establishing the thread month ago? :)
Mine: Uliana Vasilieva. :love::drama:

tars

Record Breaker
Unfortunately this broadcast seems to have had absolutely horrible audio. But about 21 minutes and 30 seconds would be a good spot to start.

Overall this competition was rather weak but I liked Vazhnova as well. Seems to have some promise with her skating and the state of her jumps is probably alright as a 9-year-old. And the best thing is she brakes to a stop fast.
I noticed she has this child hyper quickness in some of her "short" instinctual moves (don't know how it's called in English) as 8-9yo Shcherbakova and Valieva. Like when they move their heads around just like small birds - in a blink of an eye. :laugh:
I think it's good indicator of future physical capability (speed, agility).

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

Shayuki

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwK_sBUlk2U

I'll nominate the 12-year-old Ksenia Chistyakova just for her jump technique and correct edges on the jumps. Of course, score's not that high and as a 12-year-old she really should be in junior category already instead of novice - But it's so rare to have a girl with very clearly correct lutz and flip edges and to jump them both like this. And with this technique. Ah, and the last spin also was interesting.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Puremagic, could you correct Anna's name to Shcherbakova? :pray:

As an alternative, you can write Schtscherbakowa. :biggrin:

During his visit in Russia, Lewis Carroll took pleasure in collecting the trickiest Russian words to pronounce and transcribing them into English. One of his favorites was “Zashtsheeshtschayjushtsheekhsya” – a declined form of a word for people who protect themselves.

In that German manner, the word "защищающихся" would become "zaschtscheeschtschayjuschtscheekhsya".

ice coverage

Record Breaker

tars

Record Breaker
Vazhnova with weaker LP, still visible talent, but very hesitant skate.
Other girls you guys mentioned have some nice jumps, but speed of skating is mediocre and they're telegraphing much.
Overall, I agree with Shayuki, average level tourney.

Corrected.
Thank you, could you correct in videos list as well please?
I'm "captain spelling" a bit, sorry. :pray::)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Kamila Sultanmagomedova, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgRJlB2jA6Q
Most girls seem to struggle at this competition so yeah she had a couple errors but my sound isn't working and she's a skater that I can watch even without my sound and not get bored with. Probably not able to be a four or five star because of lack of 3-3 but I am very impressed :)