Medalist
Country
United-States

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
This interview is hilarious (turn on captions for english subtitles)

H: We have everything except marriage hahahahahah
S: I have no idea why he is shipping us very hard recently, we are just friends
H: I am not shipping us! I don't need to ship us!
S: Give me a break! Oh my goodness, you talk about this all the time

Classic

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It's interesting that Wenjing compares Cong to a spider. In Chinese, the word for silk and fine threads sounds the same as the word for thoughts or thinking. There is a common idiom about broken lotus root being connected by its threads. The word for lotus root sounds the same as the word for couple so it means a broken up couple still connected by thoughts and missing each other. Similarly a spider's silk/threads can also represent thoughts and a spider web represents complex and intricate web of thoughts and contemplations. Wenjing was thinking of Cong's inner working while Cong was describing her behavior.

As for "shipping" in the subtitle of this interview, she used a word for stir frying, a word also contemporarily used for stock speculating and news fabricating. So she was accusing him of stirring up fake news implying their romantic relationship. Since the intensifying inquisitiveness of their relationship, Cong has found a hot button to push to get Wenjing's agitated reaction to amuse himself. :biggrin: I've always felt that Cong is used to spoiling her probably since she was little but now find that he also likes to tease her, since I don't know when. :)

"Oh God, you bring this up every time/drag this into every interview."

"Don't fuss. (Calm down.) We're good friends." He gestures with his hand like he surrenders to appease her in this fight. :biggrin:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
It's interesting that Wenjing compares Cong to a spider. In Chinese, the word for silk and fine threads sounds the same as the word for thoughts or thinking. There is a common idiom about broken lotus root being connected by its threads. The word for lotus root sounds the same as the word for couple so it means a broken up couple still connected by thoughts and missing each other. Similarly a spider's silk/threads can also represent thoughts and a spider web represents complex and intricate web of thoughts and contemplations. Wenjing was thinking of Cong's inner working while Cong was describing her behavior.

As for "shipping" in the subtitle of this interview, she used a word for stir frying, a word also contemporarily used for stock speculating and news fabricating. So she was accusing him of stirring up fake news implying their romantic relationship. Since the intensifying inquisitiveness of their relationship, Cong has found a hot button to push to get Wenjing's agitated reaction to amuse himself. :biggrin: I've always felt that Cong is used to spoiling her probably since she was little but now find that he also likes to tease her, since I don't know when. :)

"Oh God, you bring this up every time/drag this into every interview."

"Don't fuss. (Calm down.) We're good friends." He gestures with his hand like he surrenders to appease her in this fight. :biggrin:

Thanks for the translation insights! I love hearing the etymology or context behind the words used; that often can get lost in translation

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I would like to know the question that led Cong to say the only thing left between them was marriage. (Was he speaking his truth? ;))

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
omg, they are hilarious!!

Sui: you wanna know a secret about Han? i have lots of them, muhahhaha :devil:

Sui : dont interrupt me, use your brain! then she keeps giving him compliments :laugh::laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I read in another thread that Sui and Han were doing winter sports publicity in Beijing with Maxim Trankov and Jeff Buttle (https://www.instagram.com/p/BdFDTSgngN6/ & https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc1z71AnwHu/?taken-by=j_butt). Is that why they didn't compete at nationals as I would have assumed they would want to?

Max Trankov really like Sui/Han :)

Late news, but Sui/Han won Best Sport Group of the Year in the Chinese Laureus Sport Awards. Yu/Zhang and Han Yan were also there as well as Hongbo Zhao!
This is their ENG translated acceptance speech

Wow, feels like they're sports starts now! :cheer:

ETA:
Youtube provied me with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2lYOwBUhjE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN2GytDpJsw