Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 66 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
https://youtu.be/S0-RHDnqDVQ

Sui/Han reveal they have a secret weapon for Olympics!!
That can make the difference for Gold!! :agree:

I saw this and immediately thought 4Th, but I'm wondering what they will do :eek:

I also noticed that they are on the official entry list for 4CC for now, which makes me hope that they won't do the team event at the Olympics

VenusHalley

Final Flight
They are so funny in interviews.

And they have such good chemistry on ice. Not necessarily sexual... but it feels like they.... know each other and can depend on each other... I don't like watching some pairs because they make me nervous. It feels like they are going to crash and that he is gonna drop her any time.... but with sui/han... everything feels so natural. They become when in the crazy acrobatic poses, like they were meant to be like this.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sui/han performing Turandot at a New Year Day Tv show. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wfMzTU1M0Ns

Cong says that if Wenjing could not continue after the surgery, he would stop skating as well for she would be his last partner. A few years ago, he said that they could not be split. It was an enlightening interview I'll find to post here. Back then, he already said their relationship was like that of spouses. Cong certainly will be very ready for marital relationship whomever he marries. :)

The MC says that unknown to many, Xue's right ankle was injured and she was advised by doctors to give up the competition but she insisted and won the World Championships with Hongbo, thus making Turandot very special for Chinese Pairs skating.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sui/han performing Turandot at a New Year Day Tv show. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wfMzTU1M0Ns

Here's the same video but with english subtitles :) This YouTube channel in general has some great interviews that are translated in English for S/H fans! Interviews are really great ways to get to know skater's personalities in general, and for a while I could never really find any interviews of Team China skaters in general. But now you can watch all their interviews translated! They're quite funny :laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
LOL at their first meeting. Wenjing kept saying Han was very handsome but looked angry, as if she owed him a lot of money. So Cong asked if she had paid him back. :laugh:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States

Ilvskating

Final Flight
https://youtu.be/S0-RHDnqDVQ

Sui/Han reveal they have a secret weapon for Olympics!!
That can make the difference for Gold!! :agree:

I don’t think that S/H revealed they have a secret weapon. The interviewer was obviously not knowledgeable about figure skating and asked silly questions such as the new difficult elements at GPF, which there was none. He then asked what secret weapon S/H are preparing for the Olympics. S/H were apparently caught off guard, and she basically said that they pulse like to keep the preparing stratigy secret, and they are striking to present two perfect programs and the best of themselves. There is no mentioning of secret weapon. The Vedic title is misleading.

Whatever they do, I just wish them skate the best programs of their s and I believe if they do that, it should be good enough for OGM. No pressure, just go for it!

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
New video advertisement for Beats by Dre featuring a variety of athletes including Sui/Han! Let those promotions roll in :)

And for speculation, I found it interesting that S/H are on the entries for 4CC even though it is so close to the team event at the Olympics (will they even participate in the team event?) I took that interview as S/H are considering options for layout changes to increase difficulty at the Olympics but are using 4CC as a tryout competition to see how it goes with the judges.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
New video advertisement for Beats by Dre featuring a variety of athletes including Sui/Han! Let those promotions roll in :)

And for speculation, I found it interesting that S/H are on the entries for 4CC even though it is so close to the team event at the Olympics (will they even participate in the team event?) I took that interview as S/H are considering options for layout changes to increase difficulty at the Olympics but are using 4CC as a tryout competition to see how it goes with the judges.

4CC will be held at Taipei this year so it's not so hard on most Asian skaters to participate. I can't imagine any Pyeongchang Olympians from the Americas would want to cross the Pacific Ocean twice before the third time for the Olympics.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
4CC will be held at Taipei this year so it's not so hard on most Asian skaters to participate. I can't imagine any Pyeongchang Olympians from the Americas would want to cross the Pacific Ocean twice before the third time for the Olympics.

That's true, it's just the timing that partially concerns me since it's much closer to the Olympics than Euros is... I'm just remembering how Shanghai trophy was pretty close to the GPF and how that turned out

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That's true, it's just the timing that partially concerns me since it's much closer to the Olympics than Euros is... I'm just remembering how Shanghai trophy was pretty close to the GPF and how that turned out

They will skate the SP at 4CC on Jan 24 and LP on Jan 26. So there will be 2 weeks before the Olympic Team Event on Feb 9. This is doable, especially since there will be one day off between the SP and LP at 4CC so it's not as grueling. They probably want to have a practice run with whatever new layout or content they plan.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
They will skate the SP at 4CC on Jan 24 and LP on Jan 26. So there will be 2 weeks before the Olympic Team Event on Feb 9. This is doable, especially since there will be one day off between the SP and LP at 4CC so it's not as grueling. They probably want to have a practice run with whatever new layout or content they plan.

That's true, and another thing I realized after thinking for a while, is that participation at 4CC will help their SP placement at the Olympics so that they're hopefully going in the final group of four. So now I see the benefits of 4CC, I just hope it's not too grueling. I'm a worrier by nature :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
That's true, and another thing I realized after thinking for a while, is that participation at 4CC will help their SP placement at the Olympics so that they're hopefully going in the final group of four. So now I see the benefits of 4CC, I just hope it's not too grueling. I'm a worrier by nature :)

I think they will skate in the last group for Pairs anyway being the reigning World Champions with an excellent current season. They may not have to skate both programs for Team as China is not likely to medal there and is likely to be ahead of Japan in both Pairs and Dance not matter who skate the Pairs LP. I think China would rather S/H be 100% ready for the Pairs OGM instead of working them for the 4th place in Team.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

I'm so emotionally exhausted by S/K I don't even have a strength to worry about S/H. And if any team is capabale to win 4CC and then Olympics, it's S/H. They're tough cookies :)

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think they will skate in the last group for Pairs anyway being the reigning World Champions with an excellent current season. They may not have to skate both programs for Team as China is not likely to medal there and is likely to be ahead of Japan in both Pairs and Dance not matter who skate the Pairs LP. I think China would rather S/H be 100% ready for the Pairs OGM instead of working them for the 4th place in Team.

I think this would be the case, or at least I hope it would be. They might not even skate the team event since IMO there's no chance China can medal :slink:

I'm so emotionally exhausted by S/K I don't even have a strength to worry about S/H. And if any team is capabale to win 4CC and then Olympics, it's S/H. They're tough cookies :)

That's the spirit :cheer: OT, but I agree, S/K at Euros just now was a rollercoaster