2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 298 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Resa

On the Ice
Congratulations to Zagitova, on taking the current rules of figure skating all the way to their logical conclusion.

Unless the IOC changes things considerably, that is what the majority of competitive figure skaters will be doing at the next Olympics.

Or the judges start deducting backloading in the Choreography and Composition in the PCS. (Of course only if it's notable. I never notice Kostornaya backloading for example because it's so well made. I also like Zagitova's layout)

madison

Record Breaker
Daniil posted some pics with Alina and Evgenia yesterday and the comments of the fans are just horrible, especially towards Alina. I don't get all this hate.

Resa

On the Ice
For me it's just ridiculous to even read what you wrote here..... :noshake:
It's the same hype that some people tried to bring about Brian, Yuzuru and Javi....

and... btw... She showed ZERO emotions here. But yes. some people know better....

And I don't even know what you guys wanted her to do??? Did you want her to start jumping with a joy when Evgenia's scores appeared? Smile? Start to congrats her? When she lost? Or jump from her seat and run to Alina?
I feel foolish even writing it....

Well, she could have congratulated her to second place finish as every normal couch would have done. It's not like she got last

Resa

On the Ice
Now I'm afraid that Alina will win the OGM and retire :eeking:... I'd rather want her to continue and progress.
Plus I think that Evgenia deserves that OGM more as the dominant lady in the last couple of years.

OGM Medal is won in a single competition. It should not be seen as a kind of promotion because a person was overall good in the past years. It's one single competition and whoever wins this competition fair and square deserves it. It's as easy as that.

madison

Record Breaker
OGM Medal is won in a single competition. It should not be seen as a kind of promotion because a person was overall good in the past years. It's one single competition and whoever wins this competition fair and square deserves it. It's as easy as that.

I know, but it's about what it would be right in a just universe. Plus I'm selfish and I want Alina to stay and to be motivated to improve herself further.

qwerty1195

On the Ice
For me it's just ridiculous to even read what you wrote here..... :noshake:
It's the same hype that some people tried to bring about Brian, Yuzuru and Javi....

and... btw... She showed ZERO emotions here. But yes. some people know better....

And I don't even know what you guys wanted her to do??? Did you want her to start jumping with a joy when Evgenia's scores appeared? Smile? Start to congrats her? When she lost? Or jump from her seat and run to Alina?
I feel foolish even writing it....

I mean there's body language.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Looking at some stats - 232.86 is actually Evgenia's third highest total score. Considering she accomplished that with a mistake in the SP and a mistake in the FS, plus not her highest GOEs due to her form still not being 100%, I think that's actually positive news. :think:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Looking at some stats - 232.86 is actually Evgenia's third highest total score. Considering she accomplished that with a mistake in the SP and a mistake in the FS, plus not her highest GOEs due to her form still not being 100%, I think that's actually positive news. :think:

Yeah, I think so too. [emoji848]

tars

Record Breaker
Well, its human that you prefer one person over another. Makes Eteri not a bad person. (which some users in this forum claims)
This is 100% truth.
The problem is, some users in this forum refuse to acknowlegde Eteri actually does prefer Evgenia over Alina, because it spoils the perfect rosy picture of the group they created in their minds. More than that - they're trying to impose it on other posters and discipline them. :confused2:
Meanwhile, the whole situation is very complex and interesting and worth sincere discussion - the interactions between and roles of Eteri, Daniil, Sergey, their individual approaches to each skater, girls' characters, the way each of them is being motivated by coaches and colleagues, etc..
This legendary group is worth big sport/psychological/gossip analysis to be honest, maybe even a book, starting from Polina Shelepen's times. :yes:

madison

Record Breaker
This is 100% truth.
The problem is, some users in this forum refuse to acknowlegde Eteri actually does prefer Evgenia over Alina, because it spoils the perfect rosy picture of the group they created in their minds. More than that - they're trying to impose it on others posters and discipline them. :confused2:
Meanwhile, the whole situation is very complex and interesting and worth sincere discussion - the interactions between and roles of Eteri, Daniil, Sergey, their individual approaches to each skater, girls' characters, the way each of them is being motivated by coaches and colleagues, etc..
This legendary group is worth big sport/psychological/gossip analysis to be honest, maye even a book, starting from Polina Shelepen's times. :yes:

I agree and i have to say that starting with Lombardia I found Alina-Daniil's interaction very interesting and worthy of study:biggrin::love:
And then I checked their synastry chart and also their composite theme and it showed a really strong connection