2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 299 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

atsumiri

Record Breaker
The problem is, some users in this forum refuse to acknowlegde Eteri actually does prefer Evgenia over Alina

Says who? You?:scratch2: And who exactly are you in this group? Daniil's mother? Maybe Daniil? Or Eteri herself? To be able to say what Eteri thinks and prefers.......
If you going to say she prefers Evgenia. I would say she prefers Dasha! And Who is going to be right? :rolleye: It's the same nonsense. Because neither you, I or anybody also can't possibly know that.

And who exactly does Brian prefer? Javi? Yuzuru? or maybe Cha Jun-hwan?

You can say whatever you want.
But stop pretend that you can possibly know what other person thinks.

russianfan

Match Penalty
seems like Eteri gave an interview to Vogue (i guess that was before competition)
here is some parts from it

i guess the whole interview is controversial enough and deserves a separate thread, if anyone will be able to provide a translation :biggrin:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Most people still think that Zhenya will win the Olympics according to that poll
It's 63 to 37 percent-wise

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
C’mon, what did she say

I'll let russianfan or some Russian speaker do the real translation, but Google said that:
1. she trains with irony, if she says something offensive, it's a joke and her students know this (Tarakanova said that 90% of practices are in jokes in a separate interview)
2. press calls students robots; she says that they're <45kg skaters, aren't necessarily robots
3. if you raise the age for seniors to 18, the level of skating will regress because "the body is getting ready for motherhood"
4. she kicked Alina out of her group to go back home (we already knew this but Vogue readers probably don't)
5. when Yulia came to her group, her mother said that Yulia was age-eligible for the Olympics and Eteri's response was "you need to learn how to jump first"

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
You know, I'm a bit confused.
I really like both Stasya and Polya.
But Polya's proven herself internationally this season, and if it weren't for Stasya's crazy PCS at nationals, would have been 4th. I really think that she's a better bet for the substitute, but hopefully neither of them will be needed.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Most people still think that Zhenya will win the Olympics according to that poll
It's 63 to 37 percent-wise

You can add me to that list as well. Med was injured and had to take time off and I'm sure that effected her mentally as well. I think she did very well under the circumstances and she is still my favorite to win....

tars

Record Breaker
Great news! Maybe now she will have to WD from the Junior Nationals? Or even if she will be there and will win it, she won't go to the JW? [emoji848]
Why would anyone want to send Olympic sub to junior competition couple of weeks before the games?
To risk an injury or bad outcome? :whack:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
So the Olympic team has officially been announced?!?!? Are we right in assuming that the three ladies are Alina, Evgenia, and Maria?