Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya & Harley Windsor

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Bad draw for Katia and Harley but I'm sure they'll go lights out anyway!

They skate at 12:14pm AEDT tomorrow!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Good Luck to them. I have confidence that they will have a great short program.
For them to make the top 16, they must be the pair to be leading the pack at the first ice resurfacing.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good luck to Harley and Katia today! I have every confidence they'll make the top 16 and we'll see them in the free skate. :)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Good effort today. But you could tell that they felt the pressure today. They stood up, but they were a little tight, and their score is a little lower than what we usually see from them. Even if they don't make the free program, I hope they enjoyed the experience, and remember that their aim is 2022.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's a shame they couldn't get into the FS, but they acquitted themselves honourably and should be proud of their work. Look out Worlds, now!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope that when the tears have dried and the emotions have settled, they look - actually look - at the scores and realise that they were 13th on TES and some of the bogus placements ahead of them made major errors.

And Katia is a beast for landing that throw.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
The early draw along with some suspect judging, rewarding skaters ahead of them who made major errors, really cost Katia & Harley a place in the final.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I only watched some of it as I had to work today and only just got home 2 skates after them and wasn’t really that impressed with the scores from a few error riddled pairs myself. I really hope it doesn’t discourage them and they’ll be able to use this experience to propel them further over the next few years. Making the podium in 2022 or 2026 should not be deemed impossible 😊

GF2445

Record Breaker
I only watched some of it as I had to work today and only just got home 2 skates after them and wasn’t really that impressed with the scores from a few error riddled pairs myself. I really hope it doesn’t discourage them and they’ll be able to use this experience to propel them further over the next few years. Making the podium in 2022 or 2026 should not be deemed impossible 😊

They have eyes on the prize.
Also, Harley’s mother was there. For all the sacrifice of training days and days away from home, that must of been pretty sweet. Little sad, but watch for 2022.

I am interested in how they will grow. The key words for pairs is unison and connection. I am interested in seeing them push forward and see what kind of connection and on ice chemistry (not necessarily romantic but a sense of oneness with each other) they can create.

Thoughts from everyone. What kimds of programs would you like them to skate next season? What kinds of thngs do you think they should improve and focus on npthis next cycle.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I firmly believe they gained experience from this first Olympics. They’re young still, and will have occasion to try at least 2022 and even 2026 and more, who knows?
It’s not the end for them for sure, just the beginning! :)

aviva_dawn

On the Ice
I thought they were dating in the fall. Per this last article, it looks like they're not dating anymore?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought they were dating in the fall. Per this last article, it looks like they're not dating anymore?

The only article that mentioned it was one from a mainstream Australian media outlet back in the spring. Having reread that recently, Harley's quotes didn't make it sound that way at all - I'm guessing some clueless journalist heard the word "partner" and assumed they were dating. Frankly, given it was Australian mainstream press, I'm shocked they even got the sport right.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
They're skating in warm up group 5 so hopefully this time they'll get a better deal to make it to the FS!