2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 389 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Good skating skills, but overall hard to say. [emoji848] There are several ladies of 2009 year who can jump the same or more difficult layout. But with Eteri she'll be consistent, that's most important. She won today's competition.
Reference video

Personally I really like her style of presentation. And style in general, really love that dress for example. I think the jump height is rather good also. However, she has a flutz. And while I'd say that her skating skills are even very good for her age, the thing is... Well, Ksenia's even younger than her, right? And if you just look at that performance and then look at the first minute of this video and... Well, yeah.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Reference video

Personally I really like her style of presentation. And style in general, really love that dress for example. I think the jump height is rather good also. However, she has a flutz. And while I'd say that her skating skills are even very good for her age, the thing is... Well, Ksenia's even younger than her, right? And if you just look at that performance and then look at the first minute of this video and... Well, yeah.

I really would like to see separate stsq's competitions with prizes. What an amazing show it would be.
The problem is, except extraordinary talent in skating, a girl has to be able to jump. It didn't help to Tarakanova, though. 😞

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I really would like to see separate stsq's competitions with prizes. What an amazing show it would be.
The problem is, except extraordinary talent in skating, a girl has to be able to jump. It didn't help to Tarakanova, though. 😞
Well, there's always ice dancing... And Miyahara. The air time's about the same for the triple jumps for her and Satoko, by the way.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Yeah, very reassuring comparison... 😰

What's a little more reassuring is that the technique could use some serious work. I think she could increase her air time by a decent amount just by getting better rotation technique, like Akatieva's for example. Definitely needs a coaching change at some point but I guess I'm not as pessimistic about it... I mean, even Dzepka's just getting 2As downgraded and Ksenia's at least landed a clean one. Are any other 2009s even attempting triples?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'M DOING IT!!!!

good luck to our Russian stars at Worlds: Alinaaaaa Zagitovaaaaa, Mariaaaa Sotskovaaaa, aaaand Stanislavaaaaaa Konstantinovaaaaaaa!!!

Jedi

On the Ice
This opens up the podium and now Kostner is almost guaranteed to go off with a medal. Now who gets the other medal = I am thinking Satoko; maybe Karen Chen Or Wakababy. Does anyone know about the training for Daleman or Osmond or Tennell.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Wow, so many ladies have switched to representing Russia! I wonder why they'd want to do that...

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
True....

The audition will go as follows:
Eteri: jump
potential foreign student: jumps 3T-3T
Eteri: did you hear me?? I said jump!
pfs: jumps 3Lz-3T, falls
Eteri: do you want to fall all the time? I can help you with that! (thinking: you don't need any help with that)
pfs: tries to jump 3Lz-3Lo, double-carrots both and singles the last jump, falls in between
Eteri: (thinking: what the ****??) get outta here

no-longer potential foreign students: these Russians are so mean..... Mommy!!

*this is intended to be humor only. I respect all of these athletes :)*

Shayuki

Record Breaker
So tomorrow on the younger age elements that start at 11 in the morning Moscow time, start lists are there and some notables:

3. Maria Dmitrieva
11. Sofia Samodelkina
13. Sofia Akatieva
22. Daria Loboda
30. Elizaveta Berestovskaya

From #3 to the very last skater... I guess I'm not going to be able to skip any part of it, huh.

Would be interested in seeing if anyone else gets a -3Lo combo here. I would have to assume it's something Akatieva would be aiming to do...

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I have a really important question. Does anybody know - will there be any competition (they can be even very small and local - it doesn't matter) where Trusova/Kostornaia might participate this season or it's all over for them until August? I want to see Trusova quads again :biggrin:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
This opens up the podium and now Kostner is almost guaranteed to go off with a medal. Now who gets the other medal = I am thinking Satoko; maybe Karen Chen Or Wakababy. Does anyone know about the training for Daleman or Osmond or Tennell.

Are you sure? Caro was underscored at Worlds in 2010.

And btw i don't think Stasya Konstantinova is that far away from Bradie Tennell.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
We once thought Russia was so strong but without Evgenia and the loss of Pogo, Rad, Sotnikova, Lipnskaya, Liza T, forever or now there is a huge gap from the multitude of Eteri up and coming girls and Russian babies. Potential for greatness and disaster - ice is so slippery

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Now I think Russia does need this many top contenders, since injuries happen. Evgenia is out, there is Alina. But look at what happened with Japanese ladies when Satoko was out.

lappo

Final Flight
Maybe someone here could help me with my recap of the upcoming Russian girls, cause I'm losing track. Feel free to correct and add:
Kostantinova: competes both junior and senior (BTW, is she with a powerful coach?)
Gubanova: junior, could turn senior next year
Tsurskaya: senior
Trusova-Scherbakova: junior, could turn in two season from now
Alena: junior, could turn next season
Samodurova: junior, could turn next season
who else is promising?
Also, where are Lozko and Nugumanova?
Thanks in advance! :)